I have a really bad habit of taking my Bold out of my pocket and setting it on the bar any time I'm out. I suppose its good for the Bold but mostly it just feels uncomfortable to have it in my pocket while I sit. At any rate I turned (for no more than 15 seconds) to talk to a freind. I turned back and my beloved bold was gone
    So $600.00 later I'm up and running again but wanted to pass my life lesson along to the rest of you...
    Oh, also now I'm back to the OS it shipped with. What OS should I upgrade to that improves the performance but has proven to be relatively bug free?

Thanks!
    08-03-09 05:38 PM
    I have a really bad habit of taking my Bold out of my pocket and setting it on the bar any time I'm out. I suppose its good for the Bold but mostly it just feels uncomfortable to have it in my pocket while I sit. At any rate I turned (for no more than 15 seconds) to talk to a freind. I turned back and my beloved bold was gone
    So $600.00 later I'm up and running again but wanted to pass my life lesson along to the rest of you...
    Oh, also now I'm back to the OS it shipped with. What OS should I upgrade to that improves the performance but has proven to be relatively bug free?

Thanks!
    Either .266 or .282

Take my word for it.
    08-03-09 05:40 PM

Thanks!
    Hmm, lamentable situation. However you should have treated the Bold with a little more care. Lesson learned I hope :3

As for the OS, it varies. No OS will ever be bug free, but I have had luck with .282
    08-03-09 05:41 PM
    .282 has been running smoothly for me.
    08-03-09 05:42 PM
    That really sucks, sorry for your loss
    08-03-09 05:50 PM
    that must be one bad bar cuz i leave my phone on the bar all the time and no matter where i am the phone stays.
    08-03-09 05:53 PM
    You should take a look at SmrtGuard. Then you can go find who took it. Or at least remote wipe it if your on BIS
    08-03-09 05:57 PM
    That sucks man. My GF got hers stolen too. Probably some broke trash who took it, at least we all have money to get new ones. Rogers 282 is a great OS. Good luck.
    08-03-09 06:30 PM
    Lesson learned. A bar is the last place I would leave my device. Too many slugs, too much moisture. 282 has been working very well for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 10:35 PM
    You might wanna get smrtguard.

08-03-09 10:48 PM
    .282! Great memory management, slightly improved battery life, stable so far....
    08-03-09 10:53 PM
    .282 for me. I had upgraded to 5.100 beta, and had a heck of a time downgrading it. Far too many bugs for my liking in that beta. Well, I bricked my Bold while downgrading, and had to try on a different computer to get it to life again.
    08-03-09 10:58 PM
    You might wanna get smrtguard.

I agree! Another app to take a look at (what i ended up going with) is RobLock 2.0. Both apps allow you to control your BB remotely, locate it, etc. but it's a nice piece of mind incase this were to happen again.

Sorry to hear about your loss though
    08-03-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD