Hi all,

I've been looking for a weather app that has a home screen icon that shows the forecast (hi/lo) on that actual icon (not the app name) and that updates the icon consistently. I've been playing around with a lot of apps and haven't found on that fits the bill.

thanks,
    -Jeff
    08-03-09 01:33 PM
    Hi all,

I've been looking for a weather app that has a home screen icon that shows the forecast (hi/lo) on that actual icon (not the app name) and that updates the icon consistently. I've been playing around with a lot of apps and haven't found on that fits the bill.

thanks,
    -Jeff
    Enjoy

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad

Weatherbug for the Bold, but I've found it to work perfectly on the Curve 8900 and Tour 9630 as well.
    08-03-09 01:35 PM
    I would HIGHLY recommend the WeatherEye app. Its icon changes dynamically to reflect your selected location's current weather and also displays the temperature + condition in text under it!
    08-07-09 07:54 PM
    I like my Weatherbug. Doesn't show the high/low but does display the current temp on the actual icon. Plus it flashes when there is a severe weather alert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 08:08 PM
    The Weatherbug icon shows both the current temp and the hi/lo on my Bold . . . .

08-07-09 08:27 PM
    I use beweather. I think it is a great app and the updating is far better. Plus it has more options within the program, but it costs money. One of the 2 programs I have bought. Tetherberry is next...

08-08-09 12:13 AM
    i am a super new bb user..just got a bold 9650 last week...i'm a 1st time bb user and i cannot figure out how to keep the weather icon on my home and keep it constantly being updated...any help you could give me would be great!! thanks
    07-12-10 06:13 PM
    Look over in the 9700 theme section for my theme request. I have pics of my homescreen with BerryWeather where I am using the BW homescreen features and my GPS so it changes as I move around. I have BW set to update every 30 mins.

Last edited by shansmi; 07-12-10 at 07:38 PM.
    07-12-10 07:35 PM
    bbweather may be what you are looking for. It's good though a little harder for most people to set up for some reason. www.tateu.net
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 07-12-10 at 10:25 PM.
    07-12-10 10:21 PM
    I didn't find the above mentioned app @ the above mentioned site. All I founf was crappy poetry!!! **mad face**

07-13-10 11:48 AM
    BellShare's BerryWeather....CB app store...wait for a sale!
    07-13-10 11:58 AM
    Here is what I have BerryWeather doing....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/re...m-dock-493171/
    07-13-10 12:04 PM
    I didn't find the above mentioned app @ the above mentioned site. All I founf was crappy poetry!!! **mad face**

Try clicking on the "Software" link within the Tateu.net website. You'll see BBWeather listed under the Blackberry software.
    07-13-10 12:12 PM
    I'm using Weather Plus Lite at the moment.

Free App: Free Homescreen Weather Plus Lite from MMMOOO
    07-13-10 01:36 PM
    Berryweather is the way to go
    07-13-10 04:06 PM
    This is the site you really want!

Best weather app, ever!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    07-13-10 06:08 PM
    i am a super new bb user..just got a bold 9650 last week...i'm a 1st time bb user and i cannot figure out how to keep the weather icon on my home and keep it constantly being updated...any help you could give me would be great!! thanks
    from the homescreen, press the blackberry button to bring up the full menu. highlight the program icon you want to move and press the bb button again to bring up the options to move or movie to folder, etc. if the program is in another folder, open up the folder and do the whole bb menu thing again. hopefully that clears it up.
    07-13-10 06:36 PM
    If you are using BerryWeather, you need to go into BerryWeather's settings, go to Homescreen Wallpaper, and check "Enable BerryWeather Homescreen Wallpaper." You can then select what things you want shown on your homescreen (temp only, temp with hi/lo, etc), and you can select what pic you'd like for your wallpaper from your personal pics or whatever. You can also play around with the icon sizes and the margins to get the icon where you want it on the homescreen. You can choose how often you want it updated in the BerryWeather settings also. Just go to Settings, General Settings, and choose how often you want the forecast and advisories updated.

Make sure you save all your changes in the settings before you close it too.

BerryWeather is a great app; I think you'll love it once you figure out how everything works.
    Last edited by stang.girl; 07-14-10 at 08:38 AM.
    07-14-10 08:33 AM
    I have both Weather Bug Elite & BerryWeather. I would highly recommend you try both before you buy. See which one reports the most accurate conditions for your area. And if free is what you want, then Weather Bug is the way to go. Their free option is almost as good as their Elite version. BerryWeather has a 7 day free trial. It sounds like both apps would work well for what you want, just make sure you get the one that gives you the most accurate information. It might surprise you.
    07-14-10 05:47 PM
    Hi all,
    is there a free weather app that shows the forecast on the homescreen with hi/lo etc. (not as a little icon. It should diplay quite big on the homescreen)?
    07-15-10 05:14 PM
    Hi all,
    is there a free weather app that shows the forecast on the homescreen with hi/lo etc. (not as a little icon. It should diplay quite big on the homescreen)?
    Weather Plus Lite the only free version I've come across that can show a Large image on the home screen for free. You have to Email them after you've installed it so they can add your PIN to their system to enable that feature.

Superstore

07-15-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD