Hi,

I am getting a new Blacberry Tour this week, and I am wondering what to do with my current AT&T Blackberry Bold. Is it possible to completely clear the device back to factory settings, erase all info from me, and sell it...or does it not really work that way?

Thanks for any input!
    08-03-09 12:36 PM
    Options > Security Options > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Handheld
    08-03-09 12:37 PM
    Wow- that was fast! Thanks!
    08-03-09 12:39 PM
    !~!~!~ you're welcome! ~!~!~!
    08-03-09 12:42 PM
    let me know how much you are going to sell for!!! would loveeee a bold
    08-03-09 02:02 PM
    Where are you selling?
    08-03-09 02:04 PM
    Hey, guys

I'm in New York City, but I can mail the phone anywhere needed. I'm not gonna try to make a profit or anything off the phone. I basically just wanna get rid of it. I think AT&T is going to charge me about $175 for canceling my contract. So, I'll sell the phone for $200 to break even plus get a few dollars for the headache of the whole process. The phone is normally over $500 if you buy it without a contract, and it's normally $300 after rebate if you buy it with a 2 year contract. So, $200 with no contract seems like a good deal for someone wanting to buy the BOLD. My phone is in mint condition. I'm just looking to switch over to the TOUR. By the way, I never sold a phone before. I saw another thread about a PIN or something. I didn't understand a word of it. What the heck does that mean? Do I need to do something above and beyond "wiping" the device if I wanna sell it?

Thanks!
    08-03-09 11:38 PM
    You'll also need to release your PIN from your att.blackberry.com account so that the person who buys it can register the BB and use the push features!
    08-03-09 11:43 PM
    You'll also need to release your PIN from your att.blackberry.com account so that the person who buys it can register the BB and use the push features!
    Unfortunately, I don't even know what this means! I have never even logged into an att.blackberry.com account. I've simply used the device itself. I know- I'm totally in the dark with this stuff. I apologize. Hopefully, this business of releasing the PIN (whatever that means) is quite simple.
    08-04-09 12:07 AM
    aww you're getting rid of an awesome device.
    but at least you're switching to another awesome device
    08-04-09 01:59 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't even know what this means! I have never even logged into an att.blackberry.com account. I've simply used the device itself. I know- I'm totally in the dark with this stuff. I apologize. Hopefully, this business of releasing the PIN (whatever that means) is quite simple.
    It is quite simple. Call at&t customer service and ask them to cancel the BIS plan and release the pin. If you don't do this, the buyer won't be able to register the device on another network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:09 AM
    Maybe his phone isn't even registered BIS with AT&T.

krammar, did you have data service on your BB? or you just use it to call and sms? If you have data, then your BB PIN is registered and you need to call AT&T to release the PIN.
    08-04-09 07:19 AM
    @Krammar: I sent you a PM message about your Bold... I am very interested in purchasing it.....Can you send/ post pics of the device and let me know what is included when you selling it... Thank you!
    08-04-09 07:50 AM
    Wow, thanks for all the information, everyone. Also, thanks for the interest from the potential buyers. I got a couple of PM's already plus the posts on here asking about buying it. The next thing for me to do is post pictures. I will let you guys see exactly what I have, and then I will let you guys "bid" on it by offering me your price to buy it in a PM. My minimum accepted offer must be $200, as I mentioned before. The phone looks like new. It will come with every last thing that came with it when I bought it. All of the cables are still wrapped in the original plastic since I never used them. It also comes with the original case, the charger, and the original box. It will be just like buying a new one except for much less money. I'll post pictures later today. Thanks again, everyone!
    08-04-09 09:33 AM
    Too bad I am not sure whether it can be unlocked to be used in Malaysia. I was just thinking of buying them
    As a gift to my girl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 10:24 AM
    Alright, everyone

Here is a link to a bunch of pictures I just took of the BOLD. Please PM if you would like to make an offer on it. I will be getting rid of it sometime this week either way. TOUR, here I come!

YouShare - BOLD - Krammar
    08-04-09 10:28 AM
    Awesome. Great pictures. I sent you a PM asking for some pics, disregard that part. I'm really interested in the phone and think it will be convenient since we are both in the city.
    08-05-09 01:57 AM
    Hi, everyone

OK, it's official now! I have already sent my first email and made my first call from my new BB TOUR!

This means that my AT&T BOLD is officially for sale! It is in mint condition, as you can see from the photos linked in my previous post. I have received multiple PM's inquiring about purchasing it.

Here's how I'm going to handle this:

Anyone who is interested in buying my BOLD, please send me a PM and make me an offer- whatever is the highest price you would feel good about paying. Whoever PM's me the highest offer by midnight on Friday will get the BOLD. I'll announce the "winner" Saturday morning, and I'll mail out the phone as soon as I receive your payment in some form.

Best of luck to everyone interested. The phone is a gem.

Thanks!
    08-05-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD