Alright, so im switching my tour tomorrow. My trackball is all messed up and its really pissing me off, so im going to get a new one. However the trackball issue only happens sometimes...... so hopefully they can recreate it, also alot of people say i sound muffled as well. Is there any other things i can say that will force them to give me a new one???

Also, when i get the new one what should i look for, am i missing anything:
    -Trackball
    battery cover
    screen ripple
    creaking top piece
    speaker area sticking out

thanks
    08-03-09 12:21 AM
    All the insult trading and off-topic posts have been removed. Back to the original question please, still awaiting a useful response.

General Warning to all previous combatants: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it. This is not Troll Central so we will feel justified in taking positive action against those who attack others. There were too many for individual warnings, but if the fight resumes the mods will restore peace by whatever method is necessary.
    08-03-09 05:34 AM
    My new Tour arrives today as well, and my main issue was the muffled sound quality. My battery door was a little loose not bad. If this one sounds the same then I'm going back to my Curve.
    08-03-09 07:34 AM
    I'd try not to pick out every flaw in the device. The screen ripple is normal and happens with other blackberry devices, and some of the other stuff is so minute that I wouldn't even notice it. Don't worry about the battery door either since it's something you won't even notice after a while, especially if you have a case on it.

If your trackball is wonky and no one can hear what you're saying, I'd say those are your two biggest worries. I had a terrible trackball, the woman who replace it at Verizon said it felt like crap, and my new one is a million times better.
    08-03-09 07:54 AM
    i would look for one made in canada and not mexico if you are in the store and have a nice sales rep who wil look for you
    08-03-09 08:08 AM
    What are the difference between the Mexico and Canada models. Mine is made in Mexico and has the battery door issue and that is it. No screen flicker and no muffling, etc. Coming off a Curve this Tour is a dream. Do not know what all the fuss is about, but if I do run into problems would like to know the difference.
    Thx.......
    there are actually no known differences between the two. Canada is really no better than Mexico. Based on the poll that was done on this site, both offered up perfect phones, phones of decent quality and phones with major issues. The whole Canada vs Mexico debate really proves nothing. I think many people assume Canada has better quality, but there has been no evidence to support this.
    08-03-09 08:27 AM
    If your device is still under warranty, you won't need your list of reasons. Just tell your customer rep that the device is not performing properly, let them try to fix it and if they are unsuccessful then tell them you want a new one.

Make sure you stress NEW, or they will try to pawn off one that has been previously returned to you.

Good luck.
    08-03-09 08:37 AM
    Also folks have had trouble with the headphone jack, particularly, working with 3rd party (better) headphones. Check it out.

The other is signal strength - the whole 1xev stuff. Some folks can't get a good lock. You may need to travel from the shop for that testing
    08-03-09 09:10 AM
    Not sure how you really test the screen ripple.. I say if you press the buttons like normal and nothing happens there's not a problem with the phone. Those are pretty much most of the issues. There's been bad batteries but that's hard to see at the store
    08-03-09 09:14 AM
    thanks alot guys, ya none of the other stuff mentioned really applies to mine, the screen only ripples a tiny bit in the corner when i press the trackball or call/end buttons. but i dont want to be too nitpicky. i just tried the trackball again, i noticed earlier when i dont use it for a while it gets worse, its been sitting for almost 12hrs now. so its pretty terrible. it can barely scroll right now, so im sure that will be enough to get it replaced.

thanks again
    08-03-09 10:43 AM
    just got back, they exchanged it with no fuss.
    08-03-09 11:57 AM
    Also folks have had trouble with the headphone jack, particularly, working with 3rd party (better) headphones. Check it out.

The other is signal strength - the whole 1xev stuff. Some folks can't get a good lock. You may need to travel from the shop for that testing
    I'll echo this. I'm going to get mine replaced today for this reason. I honestly hate to do it, because I feel nitpicky, and I have this Tour set up just the way I like it now, but if I'm going to lock in for 2 years, I want to be able to use my headphones on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 12:15 PM
    i got lucky on that, i just tried my v-moda vibes, and jays s-jays and tehy both work fine . ive had full bars on it since i brought it home too
    08-03-09 02:29 PM
    How long have you actually owned it before the problems ?
    08-03-09 03:13 PM
    I'd try not to pick out every flaw in the device. The screen ripple is normal and happens with other blackberry devices, and some of the other stuff is so minute that I wouldn't even notice it. Don't worry about the battery door either since it's something you won't even notice after a while, especially if you have a case on it.

If your trackball is wonky and no one can hear what you're saying, I'd say those are your two biggest worries. I had a terrible trackball, the woman who replace it at Verizon said it felt like crap, and my new one is a million times better.
    I most definatly agree with this post. Little issues are going to happen with anything. The Major ones are the trackball isue and the muffeled sound part. Those are the biggest gripes.
    08-03-09 03:16 PM
    I had mine two weeks and switched it out this morning. The back was loose which after some creative post-it placement I was able to live with but the scrolling issue wasn't something I could take anymore. I almost threw the thing out the window.

I too had all the settings and apps exactly as I wanted them but like you said... if I'll have this device for a while it's best to just change it now.

They gave me no problems whatsoever. As a matter of fact they barely looked at my old bberry. But I did hear them give someone a hard time who had said he had problems with reception. So either I just got the luck of the draw when it came to customer service reps or the guy liked my boobs.

I did notice a few teeny tiny software differences which was odd. But I have a memory like that dude from Momento so I can't remember exactly what they were.
    08-03-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD