Sooo, my camera wont run because of too little memory if I ever open Slacker Radio.

I dont get it, even when I do full reboot the slacker radio doesnt really shut off (it closes slacker radio, but it's still holding up the memory), only when I do a Quick Pull does the camera run (and then it's only until I run the radio).

What gives? Does everyone have this problem?

How do you close applications that are running in the background?
    Thanks in advance.
    08-02-09 11:44 PM
    Hold the BB key down and running apps will open. Go to the application you want to close, click on it then BB key again, and Close.

How much memory do you have free?
    08-02-09 11:46 PM
    i was thinking the same thing Aetius...how much memory is left on that device? This thing has a HUGE memory store.
    08-02-09 11:48 PM
    Think someone else had the same problem earlier today and they had approximately 75 mb free.

Weird stuff.
    08-02-09 11:49 PM
    If you don't know how to check your memory:

Options>Memory

Scroll down to "Application Memory" and tell us the number beside "Free Space". Right now, mine says 105.9 MB.
    08-02-09 11:49 PM
    I've got like 90 megs free, I dotn have that many programs:
    FB, aim, yahoo, epocrates (medical thing), slacker, poynt, viggo

That's it!
    08-02-09 11:50 PM
    That should NOT be happening. Maybe your OS is just being buggy. How old is the phone? Did this just start happening when you installed Slacker?
    08-02-09 11:51 PM
    Yeah it just happened after I installed slacker. I think I'm gonna go and swap it, the back is loose, i'm just gonna tell the verizon guy it shuts off randomly.

I got the phone a couple weeks back.
    08-02-09 11:52 PM
    If the back is loose, tell him the back is loose. Don't lie about it!

Try uninstalling slacker? Does it rectify the problem? I know you used quickpull, but maybe try doing an actual hard reset
    08-02-09 11:53 PM
    Is that memory figure WHEN Slacker is running, or when it is not?
    08-02-09 11:57 PM
    I had this memory issue with the camera a couple of weeks ago and only standard apps were open at the time. I had to do a battery pull to resolve it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 05:48 AM
    Trying the battery pull... if not, Its back to tech support.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm glad it's not a normal issue.

I did the battery pull now the camera is good to go. Now I dont know if I should still swap it anyway just because it's a bad sign, ooor, if the problem is cured for good.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Roy7; 08-03-09 at 08:46 AM.
    08-03-09 08:33 AM
    Just tested mine and camera works fine with slacker open. The music stops when you open the camera. I'm running 117mb free with 13apps installed. Yeah you shouldn't have that problem but then again i'm not running down to 90mb but that shouldn't be the case. If you don't want to go through the hassle of the return you could try wiping the phone and reloading the OS and see if that helps
    08-03-09 09:18 AM
    Mine is working fine with 98MB free and using camera while slacker is playing I think its wigging out a bit since slacker installs files both on root of memory card and in a file off root. I'm guessing the memory bus isn't fast enough to handle both realtime streaming and storing from camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:36 AM
    I had the same thing happen once after running my Tour for about a week. I tried closing all open apps. Nothing helped until rebooting with QuickPull.
    I was a little confused since I never had a problem with my Curve camera, even when running under 10MB memory.
    Only happened one time and it has worked fine since with Slacker and other apps running in the background.
    08-03-09 10:29 AM
    i was thinking the same thing Aetius...how much memory is left on that device? This thing has a HUGE memory store.
    Lol...you're funny.
    08-03-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD