I currently have the Storm and have the same little quirks as everyone else. My biggest complaint is the touch keyboard and the lag time. I send about 1500 texts/month, so I really feel the Tour would be more text-friendly for me. What are your thoughts on if I should make the upgrade to the Tour?
    08-02-09 08:24 PM
    Get one. Light years better than the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 08:27 PM
    The only reason to keeo your storm is if you love the touch screen. Other than that the tour is superior in my opinion and I've had both

08-02-09 08:28 PM
    It's really a matter of personal opinion, I suggest going to play with a dummy unit at a store.
    08-02-09 08:32 PM
    or better yet the real one just ask if you can check one out and they should let you play with one
    08-02-09 08:34 PM
    I don't know, it maybe because I just got it but I feel like I'm at the same speed I was with my Storm. The only thing is the phone loads everything so much faster.
    08-02-09 08:39 PM
    or better yet the real one just ask if you can check one out and they should let you play with one
    That works too!
    08-02-09 08:41 PM
    Get one. Light years better than the storm.

LOL .... from a curve owner!
    08-02-09 09:01 PM
    i actually thought about getting the tour until i tried it out. the trackball and little screen turned me off a little. and i actually like using the suretype software as well. i also felt the browser was slower and clunkier on the tour. but it is a nice looking phone
    08-02-09 10:23 PM
    The Tour waks all over the storm in every way possable. The Tour has a very impressive OS on it and extreamly fast! It can't even compare to the storm that I used to have, the browser is 10 times better on the tour as well
    08-02-09 10:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure that I am a storm user and I am really content with my storm but I am typing this from my buddys tour and the thing is mad nice I am loving it. The thing works so flawlessly out of the box unlike my storm. Even now typing on crackberry the tour has the clear advantage. I am loving the buttons on it

08-02-09 10:37 PM
    Just like others are saying, go play with it in the store then decide. I had a Storm that worked just fine but I missed the keyboard so I got the Tour. I love this phone! It's wicked cool!
    08-02-09 10:38 PM
    Ya, I just switched from the storm to tour two days ago. And I already like the tour alot more. But I'm having trouble watching youtube vids on it.
    08-02-09 10:53 PM
    Ya, I just switched from the storm to tour two days ago. And I already like the tour alot more. But I'm having trouble watching youtube vids on it.
    A couple of people are, check the threads on the first page of this forum. I think there's two posted today of people having some YouTube problems...it might be a Verizon thing
    08-02-09 10:57 PM
    I switch from storm to tour two days ago and love it. But I am having problems with watching youtube videos on the tour.
    08-02-09 11:01 PM
    Sorry about the double post. Did not see the first one show up.
    08-02-09 11:04 PM
    see much better answers in the tour forum
    08-02-09 11:41 PM
    see much better answers in the tour forum
    Stop following me smartypants GO back to your own turf
    08-02-09 11:42 PM
    will all smart phone come out with buggy os?
    08-02-09 11:43 PM
    will all smart phone come out with buggy os?
    When you were born, you were probably a mess. Then, a little while later, they cleaned you up and you were a-ok.
    08-02-09 11:45 PM
    If you love the touch screen and the size you have your ansr>>> i had both and i miss the screen
    08-03-09 08:58 AM
    I currently have the Storm and have the same little quirks as everyone else. My biggest complaint is the touch keyboard and the lag time. I send about 1500 texts/month, so I really feel the Tour would be more text-friendly for me. What are your thoughts on if I should make the upgrade to the Tour?
    I just got the Tour this past weekend and exchanged my Storm. I was very patient with it. I did the updates from this forum as well. But the little quirks just kept coming back. The lag, the memory issues, the battery pulls! I've never had to do so many battery pulls on a blackberry ever before!

I've had the Tour now for a few days and it is an excellent device for us past Storm users. You will feel right at home. It's a Storm with a keyboard. I had no idea until I saw it and used it. Good luck.
    08-03-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD