I have Tmobile and I like the new blackberry they are going to have. But I heard Spring was a lot better? any comments?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 06:59 PM
    depends on your area, which will make the diff in service for you. do ur research on service in ur area
    08-02-09 07:02 PM
    Okay Thank you.
    08-02-09 07:07 PM
    I just switched from tmobile, had the 8900 now on sprint with the tour. Looking forward to the sprint 3g speeds

08-02-09 09:27 PM
    It all really depends on where you are.

Personally I've never had a problem with Sprint and I've been all over the US.

Then again where I live I always hear bad things about T-mobile, and its apparently not even possible to get a T-mobile signal where I go to school lol
    08-02-09 10:32 PM
    true it really depends on where u live, i will check to see how sprint is around here. thnks
    08-02-09 10:47 PM
    I moved the thread to the Sprint Forum
    08-02-09 10:52 PM
    In this Los Angeles area, I have used AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint in the last 6 months. T-Mobile was noticeably worse than the other two. T-Mobile had very poor coverage, a number of dead spots after simply walking into coffee shops, etc. Sprint doesn't have any problems like that; It's coverage seems as good as AT&T ever did, though text messages sometimes take an extra 5 minutes to deliver. Of course, with T-Mobile, they'd get delivered in groups half an hour late.

So in short, I would reeeeeally recommend the switch, at least in this area.

-Stephen
    08-02-09 11:04 PM
    The simple answer is to look at the coverage maps.. generally speaking Sprints evdo network footprint is far larger than the 3g network of TMO, BUT TMO does have the Wifi enabled 8900. Sprints network is fast, reliable and the plans are simple with no hidden gotchas (unlike the big 2).

So, logic would say, if you have sprint coverage at home around town and at work get sprint..

BUT..

TMO has UMA and Wifi... This is one massive biggee and if you travel internationally this would be a great benefit that Sprint, nor VZ or ATT can offer...

So if you do travel, you should weigh the occasional domestic slow connect to the $$ savings and convenience overseas before you decide.
    08-03-09 06:41 AM
    I have Tmobile, used to have sprint. Sprint sucked at work and at home. Tmo is 10x better at work. It used to suck at home, but my remedy was using wifi and the 8900's UMA feature. Problem solved

Tmo wins in my book.

08-03-09 07:42 AM
    I've had AT&T and T-Mo Blackberry phones and I just switched to Sprint a few weeks ago. I'm very pleased with Sprint's coverage and 3G speeds. I couldn't get a reliable signal at Louisiana's largest airport with T-Mobile, much less ANY data come through. The best thing to do is check the coverage in your area, but T-Mobile is not known for their coverage. Thankfully, they do have UMA...
    08-03-09 08:38 AM
    Do a test for yourself....open a new number line but do not port your number from tmobile yet....If it works were you travel great port your number if it doesnt opt out before 30 days eft free and stay with tmobile.

By the way the tour is a hot phone...had it since day 3 of its release because it had to be shipped to me...
    08-03-09 08:43 AM
    Yeah I was gonna say, ususally airports have free wifi. You could use UMA and get a signal for voice AND data.

I've had AT&T and T-Mo Blackberry phones and I just switched to Sprint a few weeks ago. I'm very pleased with Sprint's coverage and 3G speeds. I couldn't get a reliable signal at Louisiana's largest airport with T-Mobile, much less ANY data come through. The best thing to do is check the coverage in your area, but T-Mobile is not known for their coverage. Thankfully, they do have UMA...
    08-03-09 09:03 AM
    another plus with Sprint is the ability to get the discounted plans "EPRP"

and where i live, coverage is great, along with additonal savings = WIN.

not to mention, Sprints Tour is unlocked so if you happen to find yourself in a "dead zone" then just switch over to GSM on a cheap prepaid sim card and there you have it
    08-03-09 09:20 AM
    I have Sprint with my Curve and I think their service a price plans are awesome. No seperate BB plan is needed with sprint like some other carriers require. The "everything" included plans cant be beat. Just check the service quality in your area.
    08-03-09 10:23 AM
    Like others said it really depends check the coverage in ur area or jst test drive sprint for 30 days and see if you like it or not

08-03-09 11:27 AM
    U can always go to sprint.com and check ur coverage strength for the area where u live. If u live in a good area ur service with Sprint is gonna be near flawless and the 3G speeds are going to be on point.
    08-03-09 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD