Swipe: High- 6
    08-02-09 05:59 PM
    I have mine set as
    High

Never had a problem with these settings
    08-02-09 06:01 PM
    high
    08-02-09 06:16 PM
    stupid question, but would anyone mind explaining what the different options do/mean?
    08-02-09 06:31 PM
    high
    I'm feeling a little more comfortable with the 100 100 Princess what is the diff besides 350 is it faster for you??
    08-02-09 06:50 PM

i saw it written up tried it and it works for me...havent really messed with it
    08-02-09 06:55 PM
    I'm feeling a little more comfortable with the 100 100 Princess what is the diff besides 350 is it faster for you??
    Like I said, I don't think I've ever messed with it. I type super-fast, and find everything about the Storm (with the exception of the camera, which is incredibly slow for me) to be fast. I am on .151.

I'm not sure what the difference would be, but yes, it's fast.
    08-02-09 06:56 PM
    Just set mine down to 100 to see what the others are doing, and found it incredibly slow and sluggish for typing purposes. Definitely sticking with 450! Much faster.
    08-02-09 06:58 PM
    go to blackberry.com and it will give you a video explanation of what it does.
    08-02-09 08:44 PM
    Since I've been curious about this myself, I found out for myself what the settings do. From blackberry.com:

Tap Interval

Tap Interval, measured in milliseconds, refers to the maximum amount of time that can elapse between each consecutive tap in a double-tap or triple-tap gesture. In this way, Tap Interval is very similar to double-click speed on a computer. For example, if Tap Interval is set to 100 milliseconds, a second tap must land within 100 milliseconds of the first tap for it to be successfully recognized as a double-tap gesture.

Hover Period

Hover Period is also measured in milliseconds. Hover Period determines the amount of time you need to touch the screen, without clicking it, for a hover event. For example, if this is set to 500 milliseconds then you must touch the screen for 500 milliseconds before it is recognized as a hover event.

Swipe Sensitivity

Swipe Sensitivity changes the responsiveness for swipe events when sliding your finger on the screen. For example, setting this field to 6 will make it easier to show or hide the keyboard or to go from picture to picture using a swipe of the finger.
    08-02-09 08:48 PM
    Since I've been curious about this myself, I found out for myself what the settings do. From blackberry.com:

Tap Interval

Tap Interval, measured in milliseconds, refers to the maximum amount of time that can elapse between each consecutive tap in a double-tap or triple-tap gesture. In this way, Tap Interval is very similar to double-click speed on a computer. For example, if Tap Interval is set to 100 milliseconds, a second tap must land within 100 milliseconds of the first tap for it to be successfully recognized as a double-tap gesture.

Hover Period

Hover Period is also measured in milliseconds. Hover Period determines the amount of time you need to touch the screen, without clicking it, for a hover event. For example, if this is set to 500 milliseconds then you must touch the screen for 500 milliseconds before it is recognized as a hover event.

Swipe Sensitivity

Swipe Sensitivity changes the responsiveness for swipe events when sliding your finger on the screen. For example, setting this field to 6 will make it easier to show or hide the keyboard or to go from picture to picture using a swipe of the finger.
    not so much of a noob! good post! should help others and also help them with not doing it by themselves lol!
    08-02-09 08:54 PM
    My optimal touchscreen settings were none!
    08-02-09 09:02 PM
    Thanks..Winter...
    08-02-09 09:25 PM

Tap Interval

Hover Period

Swipe Sensitivity

i never messed with those settings either. but what im taking away from that is.....
    set the swipe high and set the hover and tap semi-low.
    08-02-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD