recently i was searching through my sent messages and couldnt help but think some are missing, i didnt spend the time to scroll all the way through though, figured the search would pick them up...

does the storm not save sent text messages after so long? what about emails?

and are text messages ever automatically deleted?
    08-02-09 11:38 AM
    i think its a certain number
    08-02-09 11:39 AM
    for example, lets say the certain number is 60, once you have over 60 texts itll automatically delete the oldest text to make room for the newest text.
    08-02-09 11:40 AM
    bummer. is there a way to switch them to be saved to the data card so i wont loose any?

I dont even see an option to lock messages so you dont loose them. Even my last, total piece of crap phone did that.
    08-02-09 11:52 AM
    In the Messages app if you hit Menu key > Options > General Options and scroll down you'll see an option that says Keep Messages, and you can set how long to keep them.

However, even if you choose forever, if your memory gets low I think it does delete them to free up memory.

You might want to get something like PhoneLog which'll record texts on your Calendar, and if they're ever erased you can get them back from a sync (they have a trial if you want to check it out).
    08-02-09 11:58 AM
    just highlight the message you want to save and click the BB button and click save. the message will be moved to the saved message folder and will stay there.
    08-02-09 11:58 AM
    messages will stay on the phone until additional memory is needed unless you have your phone set to delete messages earlier.
    08-02-09 12:11 PM
    just highlight the message you want to save and click the BB button and click save. the message will be moved to the saved message folder and will stay there.
    cool. i cant seem to locate my saved messages folder anymore. dont know if i moved or deleted it... where should it be?
    08-02-09 12:37 PM
    In the Messages app if you hit Menu key > Options > General Options and scroll down you'll see an option that says Keep Messages, and you can set how long to keep them.

However, even if you choose forever, if your memory gets low I think it does delete them to free up memory.

You might want to get something like PhoneLog which'll record texts on your Calendar, and if they're ever erased you can get them back from a sync (they have a trial if you want to check it out).
    thanks for your help!
    08-02-09 12:37 PM
    I have my messages saved forever right now I have about 6700 stored in my phone.
    08-02-09 02:10 PM
    I have my messages saved forever right now I have about 6700 stored in my phone.
    yeah, i'm upwards of 7500 myself. basically everything since 2007
    08-02-09 05:36 PM
    yeah, i'm upwards of 7500 myself. basically everything since 2007
    Why would any1 even think of savin all those txts..?
    08-02-09 06:45 PM
    Are you all talking about SMS text messages or email messages? I have played around with the time limit for saving my emails and still they only save for about 3 days worth. I have it set to Forever right now but still they are deleted after about 3 days. The ones I have marked to save are still there.

Is there something else that overrides this setting? I can't figure out how to keep my messages for a longer time. Three days isn't enough.

Would love some tips.

Thanks!
    08-12-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD