3G 8900 Theme with Slot Navigation by RedZapper

This theme is FREE!

Theme designed and created by RedZapper.

Icons designed by Jonathan Lundstr�m.
    Many thanks to Jonathan for permission to use his icons in creating this theme.

Version 2 is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/3g...r-free-447163/

A derivative of the original 3G theme. The original thread had several versions already so I am releasing this version under a new thread.

FEATURES:
    - Icons modeled after the black iphone 3G
    - Fixed bottom dock
    - Optional hidden today plus
    - Center banner slot for your favorite weather app
    - QuickLaunch icon

- All banner slots are clickable and start a pre-defined blackberry application.
    Clicking on the respective banner slot does the following:
    - The battery meter shuts down the blackberry
    - The time slot launches the clock
    - The network slot launches wi-fi setup
    - The signal meter launches manage Connections

Again, thanks to my testers - especially jostrander and RedHoodJoker.
    I almost scrapped this release but they liked this iteration enough to keep asking about it so I decided to release it.

NOTE: This version is for the 8900.

You need to install this from your blackberry by accessing this page thru your blackberry browser.

Screenshots are from the bold since I don't have a curve.

There will be two versions: one with hidden today and one without. Both will have a quicklaunch icon.

The QL icon balances the banner nicely and I figure those without QL can simply ignore the button.

OTA:
    3G Navi With Hidden Today
    3G Navi Without Today

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Branta; 11-17-12 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Removed Paypal donate button
    07-31-09 11:03 PM
    Well done RedZapper, thanks!
    08-01-09 12:30 AM
    One word: AWESOME!
    08-01-09 12:49 AM
    *Downloads*
    08-01-09 03:02 AM
    Who da Man? You da Man!

I like the change in the folder icons, and the option to shut/sleep the BB down, or "totally shut it off" completely.

I love seeing my BerryWeather icon on the locked screen. Does it update? I only ask because the weather is pretty steady now at the moment, and there has not been a real chance for me to see a change if there is one.

I guess there is always tomorrow.. err.. later today..

Thanks again for the theme.
    08-01-09 03:04 AM
    This was already my favourite theme and it's even better now, thanks!

I like how you can see the weather on the lock screen, even if it doesn't update.

I might even have to buy quicklaunch too

Just one request, would it be possible to scroll down to the icon tray when the battery, clock, weather or network buttons are selected. At the moment i can only scroll directly down to the icon try if the profile or quicklaunch buttons are highlighted
    Last edited by spirez; 08-01-09 at 06:26 AM.
    08-01-09 04:46 AM
    Great job I am liking the fact that you gave us more icons w/o taking up more screen space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 08:32 AM
    This is great! Sooo glad you released this version! Thanks.

08-01-09 08:40 AM
    I am loving this version.... If you do deside to change the navigation it would be nice to navigate up from any icon and down fron any icon

08-01-09 08:53 AM
    I am loving this version.... If you do deside to change the navigation it would be nice to navigate up from any icon and down fron any icon

Several users mentioned navigation. The way it is set up right now, the user basically has to go round the horn to reach a banner slot.

I had to make navigation trade-offs in this version. Each icon could either navigate up to the banner or navigate up to the today section. (The today section itself can only navigate up to one icon - here, the profile icon.)

- If I give an icon the ability to nav up to the banner, it loses the ability to highlight items in the today section.
    - If I give an icon the ability to highlight today entries, it can only nav up to the profiles icon from there.

Since the benefit of the hidden today is the ability to see and use the today section, I have it set up so that the first 5 icons can navigate to the today section and from the today section up to the profile icon. Those with multiple mailboxes and SMS on the home screen will appreciate this.

I have, however, updated the No Today version so that each icon can navigate up to a banner slot.

Oh, and I have no idea if the weather icon will update on the lock screen. If anyone finds out let me know
    Last edited by redzapper; 08-01-09 at 09:13 AM.
    08-01-09 09:11 AM
    Cool thanks Redzapper.....dunnnn....dunnnn....dunnnnnn our super hero themer.... Lol

Had to do it!! I use the non-today version so I will update

Thanks for the update!!!

08-01-09 10:12 AM
    Yeah - knew you'd like that.

Cool thanks Redzapper.....dunnnn....dunnnn....dunnnnnn our super hero themer.... Lol

Had to do it!! I use the non-today version so I will update

Thanks for the update!!!

08-01-09 10:21 AM
    Several users mentioned navigation. The way it is set up right now, the user basically has to go round the horn to reach a banner slot.
    I was one of those users. But since I have been using the first version from the other thread, I have become very used to the navigation. It has become second nature for me.

- If I give an icon the ability to nav up to the banner, it loses the ability to highlight items in the today section.
    - If I give an icon the ability to highlight today entries, it can only nav up to the profiles icon from there.
    Since using the first version, I have come to appreciate how the navigation works now. At this point I am just getting used to the "pit stops" on the sides of the weather icon. I love the added functionality while keeping it clean.

Oh, and I have no idea if the weather icon will update on the lock screen. If anyone finds out let me know.
    Duh... I have been driving all day, and locked my device several times, and forgot to check. -Brain Fart- I need to pay attention to it for the balance of today.

A special thanks to THE REDZAPPER....
    08-01-09 12:05 PM
    Great theme man dope!!
    08-01-09 12:45 PM
    Well done RedZapp, well done indeed!
    08-01-09 03:49 PM
    As far as the weather icon updating while locked, it does not. =( I believe it actually prevents the weather from updating. For example: I locked my device today around 9:53am, and left it locked until 10:35am (my weather updates every half hour, but I gave it a few more minutes just in case). I checked the weather icon, and did not see a change. I unlocked my device, scrolled to my weather application to see on the bottom: "Error Updating 5 minutes ago". I hit the update button and it updated. Not sure if it was a coincidence.

Too bad if it wasn't, it's such an awesome idea!!!!

Getting used to the navigation myself. I would have preferred it to scroll to Quicklaunch automatically instead of the profiles icon, but I know that there are plenty of users that don't utilize the QL.

Thanks again, redzapper! I know everything you do has a reason and is always thought through.

I had to make navigation trade-offs in this version. Each icon could either navigate up to the banner or navigate up to the today section. (The today section itself can only navigate up to one icon - here, the profile icon.)

Since the benefit of the hidden today is the ability to see and use the today section, I have it set up so that the first 5 icons can navigate to the today section and from the today section up to the profile icon. Those with multiple mailboxes and SMS on the home screen will appreciate this.

I have, however, updated the No Today version so that each icon can navigate up to a banner slot.

Oh, and I have no idea if the weather icon will update on the lock screen. If anyone finds out let me know
    08-01-09 03:51 PM
    An awesome addition to an already perfect app. Now I am not moving my icons EVER again!!

Thank you.
    08-01-09 05:57 PM
    Luvin ur themes Milt...keep 'em coming !!

08-01-09 10:55 PM
    my favorite theme BY FAR
    great job!
    downloaded
    08-10-09 08:13 PM
    Nice theme, I installed it yesterday together with WeatherEye, and I even purchased QL to make it complete.

Just 2 minor shortcomings:
    # The WeatherEye icon refreshes automatically, but the caption does not
    # I would like to scroll through new e-mail messages but this is not supported

Anyway, it is packed with functionality I really appreciate. Makes my BB a lot easier to use.
    08-12-09 04:40 AM
    well done..
    08-12-09 07:39 AM
    # I would like to scroll through new e-mail messages but this is not supported
    This is supported. What position do you have the email icon on the home screen? It has to be in position 2, 3, or 4.
    08-12-09 09:52 AM
    im currently using this theme...its great...no bugs found, not even lag
    08-12-09 01:08 PM
    Love this! Thanks!! Well done!

08-12-09 02:12 PM
    This is supported. What position do you have the email icon on the home screen? It has to be in position 2, 3, or 4.
    Hmm..all slots except the last one on the right should be able to scroll up to email or calendar items. Is this not the case?
    08-12-09 02:22 PM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD