I downloaded the Auto Standby the other day, I had to pay a little over $2 and I am so happy with the app words cant describe...

I used to have about 40% left on my Tour around noon after unplugging it around 7am and and some heavy usage.

NOW!! its almost 7pm and i have 80% juice left on my batter with the same heavy usage (data / phone calls)

Just figure i pass on the word
    07-31-09 08:38 PM
    I dunno too much about that app however my battery life sucked at first like everyone and after like 10 charges its now as good as u describe with your app...
    07-31-09 08:51 PM
    is this the same as having it in the BB holster?
    07-31-09 08:57 PM
    My battery life is great no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 08:57 PM
    I dunno too much about that app however my battery life sucked at first like everyone and after like 10 charges its now as good as u describe with your app...
    I know I've heard that too, and although I can not disagree with you since my battery DOES last longer after a few more charges, this app makes the difference, its just hard to get used to pushing the top button to wake it up.. but it works
    07-31-09 09:00 PM
    I think so, I have a silicone case so i needed that app instead... i know that whenever I had my curve on its holster it would stand by and I think it is the same with the Tour
    07-31-09 09:03 PM
    Great battery also, no need for auto standby, not saying it isnt a great app. Just no need for me.

07-31-09 09:04 PM
    My battery life is great no problems.

My wife's battery is too, she goes 2 days without charging it, I swapped the batteries once to see if it was my battery or my phone and had the same results, I think its my usage of the apps and the phone calls i make... I even used her phone like I used mine one day and there was no difference
    07-31-09 09:06 PM
    Great battery also, no need for auto standby, not saying it isnt a great app. Just no need for me.

how would you consider your phone usage? including voice?
    07-31-09 09:08 PM
    how would you consider your phone usage? including voice?
    I would say moderate to heavy usage, 20 to 30 calls a day on average ( mostly pretty short calls though) many emails, and i do browse quite a bit with this phone (unlimited data plan) . Open my phone every morning at 7 am and at around 10 pm i usually have between 50 and 60 % of battery life left. Note that the holster puts the phone on stanby but i dont use the holster that much. I believe it would take quite alot to not go a full day on one charge with my phone.Dont have many apps running though, maybe thats why i get good battery performance. Its now 10:22 pm and im still at 50% and ive been browsing for quite a while.

07-31-09 09:23 PM
    Yes.

Running AutoStandby is the same as keeping your Blackberry in the holster when you are not using it. If you already keep it in the holster when not in use, then you gain nothing from AutoStandby.
    07-31-09 10:32 PM
    eh the mute button works for me.
    08-01-09 12:17 AM
    I wish the left top button would just put it in standby as well as lock it.
    08-01-09 02:41 AM
    eh the mute button works for me.
    yes but this app does it automatically for you, hence auto standby... I'm not coming off as lazy just that a lot of times i forget to do it manually and the app helps a lot
    08-01-09 07:48 PM
    I would say moderate to heavy usage, 20 to 30 calls a day on average ( mostly pretty short calls though) many emails, and i do browse quite a bit with this phone (unlimited data plan) . Open my phone every morning at 7 am and at around 10 pm i usually have between 50 and 60 % of battery life left. Note that the holster puts the phone on stanby but i dont use the holster that much. I believe it would take quite alot to not go a full day on one charge with my phone.Dont have many apps running though, maybe thats why i get good battery performance. Its now 10:22 pm and im still at 50% and ive been browsing for quite a while.

That is awesome, I wish i didnt need to have this app, i do use a lot of apps though, like: pandora, google chat, google maps, browsing and facebook (which I hear takes a lot to be able to run) I'm not complaining cause i do use this apps frequently but Im glad about the auto sndby which works very well
    08-01-09 07:54 PM
    I also have auto standby and have had a noticeable increase in battery life. I do not use a holster.
    08-01-09 08:37 PM
    I've definitely seen longer battery life with auto standby. I tried just using the mute button, but I was never remembering. Just a little more convenient.

08-01-09 08:53 PM
    Great little app... should have been a part of the options, but I am glad I got it as I loathe holster cases with a passion and it really helped me get a full day out of the phone with moderate to heavy use.
    08-01-09 09:33 PM
    Yes, it should be an option. So should being able to change the LED color, txting for more than 160 characters, or having the option to vibrate while ringing. Does RIM read or listen to anything we ask for? Or are these "apps" simply created by "RIM" employees to further snatch up $ from their customers? It's a conspiracy...it's those dang Canadians!
    08-02-09 01:24 AM
    I agree... Canadians are evil conspirators... haven't you ever seen Canadian Bacon? lol
    08-02-09 01:44 AM
    No, what's that all about? Is it like Turkey Bacon?
    08-02-09 02:30 AM
    its great, go rent it sometime (sorry for hijacking the thread by the way)
    08-02-09 02:37 AM
    its great, go rent it sometime (sorry for hijacking the thread by the way)
    HAHA ! its all good, I haven't seen the movie but hear its very good I hope netflix has it
    08-02-09 01:22 PM
    Yes, it should be an option. So should being able to change the LED color, txting for more than 160 characters, or having the option to vibrate while ringing. Does RIM read or listen to anything we ask for? Or are these "apps" simply created by "RIM" employees to further snatch up $ from their customers? It's a conspiracy...it's those dang Canadians!
    Yes it puzzles me that things SOOO simple to program for people @ RIM like standby setting someone else has to come in with that Idea and charge you for it not cool
    what is soo funny is that while i was in Australia with a borrowed World Edition I had the option of texing more than 160 and when i came back that option was gone
    08-02-09 01:26 PM
    My battery is great for me. It lasts about 2 days on a single charge.
    08-02-09 01:29 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD