They call it unlimited Evolution and they all ready start doing it I have seen and that is what I do for a living install cell phone towers so get ready.
    07-31-09 08:24 PM
    Can you install a tower next to my house?
    07-31-09 08:27 PM
    I wish I need one by my house too...
    07-31-09 08:29 PM
    What does it do?
    07-31-09 08:30 PM
    They call it unlimited Evolution and they all ready start doing it I have seen and that is what I do for a living install cell phone towers so get ready.
    Have you installed LTE panels?
    07-31-09 08:43 PM
    they just installed a vzw tower, about 2 months ago, near my house and i now have -80dbm in my house. Did they put the 4g there?

What phones will take advantage of this. storm 2 and 8520?
    07-31-09 08:44 PM
    All the cell phone companies are doing it but verizon started it first ALL FIBER OPTICS it is going to be super fast for all SMARTPHONE real nice u will see.
    07-31-09 08:53 PM
    Have you installed LTE panels?
    Sorry have not done that but patch panels
    07-31-09 09:01 PM
    Do you have to write any reports on the LTE work you've done?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 09:23 PM
    Will it work on the storm? Or do u need a new phone to access the system when it is released?

07-31-09 09:37 PM
    Will it work on the storm? Or do u need a new phone to access the system when it is released?

This would be nice to know.
    07-31-09 09:47 PM
    LTE, Long Term Evolution, from what I understand will require different hardware.

07-31-09 09:51 PM
    When I was working for Verizon, they barely started the process of minimal launch. I was friends with the **** Area Data Consultant, and the person had told us that 4G/LTE is going to be totally different, and the main thing that is different, is SIM Cards. Not talking about Global phones, but the 4G phones will run off of SIM Cards. The person didn't go any further than that. Wish I was still there because I would be knowing a **** of a lot more about it now. So I can assure you, all these phones now, will no be 4G capable.
    07-31-09 10:41 PM
    When I was working for Verizon, they barely started the process of minimal launch. I was friends with the **** Area Data Consultant, and the person had told us that 4G/LTE is going to be totally different, and the main thing that is different, is SIM Cards. Not talking about Global phones, but the 4G phones will run off of SIM Cards. The person didn't go any further than that. Wish I was still there because I would be knowing a **** of a lot more about it now. So I can assure you, all these phones now, will no be 4G capable.
    I could die happy if that actually came to verizon, im a lil skeptical of CDMA phones running SIM cards tho...
    07-31-09 10:44 PM

Qualcomm doess not have a chipset supporting 4G yet and no, the Storm doesn't support 4G.
    07-31-09 11:13 PM
    LOL! Unlimited Evolution? Is that you, Ben?

Never have heard of UE in cell phones before and we engineer & construct facilitied from the ground up.

And no, it looks like the Storm2 will be Qualcomm 3G - no 4G support at all. The BlackBerry platform can't take advantage of it anyway.

Besides, don't get your hopes up for early adoption by RIM. 8900s with 2G only and only in the last 8 months have they done Rev A.

There will be quite a few LTE (Long Term Evolution) devices out by the time RIM gets around to it.

By the way - running the trencher to lay conduit does not make someone a telecom engineer.

08-01-09 12:20 AM
    But are all cell phone companies going 4g sooner or later

08-01-09 01:33 AM
    Sure they are, Rob - but some a lot later than others.

Sprint is currently dabbling in WiMAX. They have a few areas operational today. But those areas are very few & far between. They cannot afford to blanket the country, nor do they have licenses to do it. The WiMAX technology also isn't as fast, nor as secure, as LTE.

AT&T is going LTE, as is VZW. The thing here is that AT&T will start an earnest rollout about 18 months behind VZW & their schedule isn't nearly as aggressive. AT&T also doesn't possess the licenses to cover the country.

T-Mobile has a tiny 3G presence even today. They've not had the financial liquidity to even offer more than basic 2G. We can't expect them to jump into 4G with any speed.

The little carriers might roll out some, or they may enter into roaming agreements - but again, that is a ways down the road.

Five years from now, VZW & AT&T will have substantial 4G preesence - VZW should be built out, by then & AT&T will be around 50-60% complete. Sprint may have 30-40% of their network done - but that is about the extent of what they currently have planned or can afford.

If you don't do data or you only do a little Web surfing & email, you shouldn't care about the speed - coverage area is what you want. But if you tether or are a heavy data user, you will want 4G with great coverage wherever you go.

08-01-09 03:08 AM

Sprint is currently dabbling in WiMAX. They have a few areas operational today. But those areas are very few & far between. They cannot afford to blanket the country, nor do they have licenses to do it. The WiMAX technology also isn't as fast, nor as secure, as LTE.

AT&T is going LTE, as is VZW. The thing here is that AT&T will start an earnest rollout about 18 months behind VZW & their schedule isn't nearly as aggressive. AT&T also doesn't possess the licenses to cover the country.

T-Mobile has a tiny 3G presence even today. They've not had the financial liquidity to even offer more than basic 2G. We can't expect them to jump into 4G with any speed.

The little carriers might roll out some, or they may enter into roaming agreements - but again, that is a ways down the road.

Five years from now, VZW & AT&T will have substantial 4G preesence - VZW should be built out, by then & AT&T will be around 50-60% complete. Sprint will be out of business by then.

If you don't do data or you only do a little Web surfing & email, you shouldn't care about the speed - coverage area is what you want. But if you tether or are a heavy data user, you will want 4G with great coverage wherever you go.

08-01-09 03:16 AM
    Man - I can't believe I missed that one! It must be late or something.

08-01-09 03:25 AM
    Nicely put Twins. Lots of good info!
    08-01-09 03:34 AM
    it is called Long Term Evolution, I manage the guys installing the antennas and lines. As well as running fiber to every cellsite. it will be data only initially in the 700mhz frequency.

And nobody should be trenching with a machine in a verizon compound!!!
    Last edited by axxman; 08-01-09 at 07:24 AM.
    08-01-09 07:20 AM
    Ok if you notice there are more smart phones coming out on every carrier and all the smart phones will be using the the FIBER OPTICS system from here to the east coast I see it every day.
    Just look at the guys on the street with the truck who has the orange conduit that is FIBER OPTICS it might just be me.
    08-01-09 08:10 AM

Five years from now, VZW & AT&T will have substantial 4G preesence - VZW should be built out, by then & AT&T will be around 50-60% complete. Sprint may have 30-40% of their network done - but that is about the extent of what they currently have planned or can afford.

Thank you could not have said it better because it's all about the data.
    08-01-09 08:17 AM
    LOL! Unlimited Evolution? Is that you, Ben?

Never have heard of UE in cell phones before and we engineer & construct facilitied from the ground up.

And no, it looks like the Storm2 will be Qualcomm 3G - no 4G support at all. The BlackBerry platform can't take advantage of it anyway.

Besides, don't get your hopes up for early adoption by RIM. 8900s with 2G only and only in the last 8 months have they done Rev A.

There will be quite a few LTE (Long Term Evolution) devices out by the time RIM gets around to it.

By the way - running the trencher to lay conduit does not make someone a telecom engineer.

F.Y.I.............I install I have friends who are telecom engineers
    08-01-09 08:20 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD