View Poll Results: What application is better for Twitter? UberTwitter or SocialScope

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • UberTwitter

25 37.88%
  • SocialScope

41 62.12%
    Which do you think is a better Twitter application?
    07-31-09 12:58 PM
    A search might solve your inquiry.

A general search:
    -----------------
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=19731697

Same Topic Title as yours:
    -------------------------
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ube...lscope-274985/
    07-31-09 01:02 PM
    no competition
    07-31-09 01:02 PM
    ilovemybold... i'm not doing this for myself lol, just a notation for everyone on the forums. i haven't seen an actual poll out for this.
    07-31-09 01:09 PM
    And there's good reason for that: way more people have been exposed to UT than SS, despite that there is a consensus that SS is the best twitter app "out there" right now. Most other apps (including UT) apparently pale in comparison. The previous threads on this will support this claim, which is why I provided you with those links, on the chance you dont get much response.

This poll kind-of beats a VERY dead horse, but most of us are frustrated precisely because we do not have the ability to give an unbiased answer to your question.
    Last edited by I_love_my_bold; 07-31-09 at 01:44 PM.
    07-31-09 01:40 PM
    Understood. Even though SS is currently under very strict testing grounds and not generally available to the public, it would be easier to distinguish the UT users against the SS ones. The people who would normally browse through this thread would have to be the user's who are more inept to have had UT and switched over to SS, as this is for them.

Thanks for the feedback though, Ni.
    07-31-09 01:52 PM
    loving ubertwitter right now
    07-31-09 05:12 PM
    It really stinks that SS has such a tight lock on SS, but I swear its the best Twitter app I've used out of Twitterberry, Tiny Twitter, and Ubertwitter, it does everything i need it to do, in such a tidy UI, man, I don't know how i lasted this long w/o Twitter, when I had Ubertwitter, I used it moderately, with Social Scope, I use it ALL day!!!!!
    07-31-09 07:25 PM
    I have both.

I waited very patiently for the invite for SocialScope, have had it about a week now.

I have used Ubertwiter longer, and prefer that interface.

When I installed SocialScope, I only chose to interface my twitter account and not my facebook account. It's just personal preference that I don't want the two account to interact with another.

I post with SocialScope and to my surprise the post shows up on both my twitter account and my facebook page. I did not input the login info into the SocialScope program for facebook. How it did that I don't know. I submitted a trouble ticket on Monday for it, and haven't heard back yet.

So unless they get that little bug outta the program, I intend to delete it and forget about it.

And yes, I have all the account set up properlly on the PC and the Blackberry.

So Ubertwiter for me.
    07-31-09 07:51 PM
    A lot of people are saying for strict Twitter usage, UberTwitter satisfies it. For an all around usage for all the other apps, SS has the overall power.
    08-01-09 03:52 PM
    UT.... SocialScope? Didn't think anyone had it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 04:03 PM
    Got both. UT FTW
    08-01-09 04:06 PM
    Got both. UT FTW
    Me too..got both,and I'm liking SS..I think it's quicker and cleaner.

Robin
    08-01-09 05:01 PM
    Yeah SS is cleaner but it's alot more simple and give less options than UT IMHO
    08-01-09 05:03 PM
    Does UT have the ability to block followers yet?

08-01-09 05:14 PM
    Just got SS lite and love it. SS vs. UT is not really the right question to ask IMO. UT is great and pretty much on par with SS as a twitter app, but the attraction of SS to me is that it integrates both FB and twitter. Now I can manage both from a single app, that's what I like most about it.
    08-02-09 07:10 AM
    I currently have Ubertwitter installed and it's great but I received a socialscope invite a few days back and I've been using that ever since. At the moment I would say that socialscope has less features but looks far better and seems to load everything quicker too, pictures etc. I think if it was a standalone twitter app then I'd probably prefer Ubertwitter over it but I like the fact my facebook updates are in there too and its only in the early stages of its development so it'll probably get much better.
    If you don't mind having two applications installed then i think Ubertwitter along side the official facebook app does a better job than socialscope but its early days.
    08-02-09 12:16 PM
    UberTwitter is a great app, but it lacks polish. SocialScope has a lot better interface. SS has the FB integration which is great. I don't have to enter the FB app to view people's status updates. There also isn't an option to view a person's profile. In SS, I can go to @shortformblog and look at their profile. From there, I can look at their favorites, look at their followers, recent updates, who they're following, and do a Twitter search for @shortformblog. I also have the option to DM and send a reply to them. I have to go to a user's tweet or to my followers to even get those options in UberTwitter and they're organized as menu options, creating what I call "menuitis". Too many options when I press the Menu button. UberTwitter has the ability for location and trending topics, but that's it for what it has over SocialScope. SS has the ability to save drafts of tweets that you may send which I've used a lot more than location and trending topics. SocialScope is the app that is the closest to the golden standard of all mobile Twitter clients, Tweetie for the iPhone. So my opinion is that SocialScope is the best Twitter client by far but UberTwitter is the next best option if you can't get a SS invite.
    08-02-09 12:19 PM
    I got an invite for social scope and downloaded it. It says its social scope lite? I guess that's for trying it out. My question is does social scope lite let you manage multiple twitter accounts?

08-02-09 02:02 PM
    I've used botch socialscope and Uber. Uber is way, way better! The way that socialscope crams in all your tweets, messages, and alerts is just so unorganized. Ubertwitter has a cleaner and simpler approach that works and works well. Socialscope is just hype, that's it. Stick with Uber kids, your not missing much.

08-02-09 03:10 PM
    I've used botch socialscope and Uber. Uber is way, way better! The way that socialscope crams in all your tweets, messages, and alerts is just so unorganized. Ubertwitter has a cleaner and simpler approach that works and works well. Socialscope is just hype, that's it. Stick with Uber kids, your not missing much.

With Uber, I get to scroll through a million menu options. It's unorganized. I have to hit the menu button and see my replies instead of just scrolling right when I'm at the top. If you're meaning the way it has DMs, @replies, the people you're following tweets, and FB stuff all in one stream, it's fine. My BB inbox is more unorganized than that with App World notifications, BeejiveIM chats, FB notifications and then regular old e-mails and texts.
    08-02-09 11:44 PM
    I was also a huge fan of UT but in the end,SS is simpler&cleaner for me. UT has too many options in the menu.The downside of SS is the RAM footprint,which is double the amount of UT.I ended up by deleting UT&use just SS.

10-10-09 05:41 AM
    I have used both Uber and SS. I prefer SS over Uber

SS has a much nicer and cleaner interface
    SS has FB integration so I dont really have to keep FB loaded
    SS is smooth and has a decent layout (Yes it could be better)

Uber is way unorganized and lacks a nice UI flow
    Uber does have GPS/Location awareness but hey I dont want people knowing where I am all the time.
    Uber is getting better but it needs a major overhaul on how the options and settings are laid out and it over all flow of things.

I will stick with SS until something better comes out or SS disappears. It has not had an update for sometime and I am wondering if it is still being worked on. I really cant complain about the app since it never crashes and it does what I need it to.
    10-10-09 10:50 AM
    I've been using ubertwitter and I love it! So many features and it's free and give notifications! The ads don't bother me so it's an awesome app for me

10-10-09 03:49 PM
    Yeah SS is cleaner but it's alot more simple and give less options than UT IMHO
    Exactly why I dumped it. Too limited, and I can't quit the program.

10-10-09 04:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD