I create my own ringtones in Audactiy, and then I usually just plug the Storm into my laptop via USB and then transfer the mp3 into the ringtones folder of my memory card. Typically this would work without a hitch. Now, the files I transfer are no longer showing up in my phone. When I unplug the phone and plug it back in and read the memory card on my laptop, the new files will still show in the ringtones folder along with everything else that was already there, but will NOT show up in my phone. I've tried several battery pulls and many different files, but it just won't show up anymore. Pictures will work just fine. Any ideas?
    07-30-09 07:55 PM
    i've noticed that on my storm my ringtones have to be in the ringtone folder on my device memory in order to view them through the ringtones section in Media
    07-30-09 08:01 PM
    I've always been able to do it via the memory card. I just have no idea why it randomly won't work anymore...
    07-30-09 08:02 PM
    Just tried Media Manager through BB desktop. Not working either...
    07-30-09 08:21 PM
    Format the mem card. Just backup first obviously

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:25 PM
    It worked for all of 5 minutes after a reformat. Then for no reason my new mp3's disappeared from the media list, but they still show up when exploring the SD card in Windows. I hate this damn phone!
    07-30-09 08:41 PM
    I believe this was mentioned before somewhere here but basically there's limit to number of ringtones in media file. Dunno if that's still true.

07-30-09 08:50 PM
    Well I used to have in the neighborhood of 15 now I only have 8.

I think I'm gonna reinstall the OS now and see if that helps.
    07-30-09 08:54 PM
    Try this

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/mass-storage-mode-problem-110828/

I create my own ringtones in Audactiy, and then I usually just plug the Storm into my laptop via USB and then transfer the mp3 into the ringtones folder of my memory card. Typically this would work without a hitch. Now, the files I transfer are no longer showing up in my phone. When I unplug the phone and plug it back in and read the memory card on my laptop, the new files will still show in the ringtones folder along with everything else that was already there, but will NOT show up in my phone. I've tried several battery pulls and many different files, but it just won't show up anymore. Pictures will work just fine. Any ideas?
    07-30-09 10:11 PM
    Well it looks like reinstalling the OS and then reformatting the SD card fixed it. Thanks for all the help guys.
    07-30-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD