I currently have 8 themes counting the two default (AT&T) ones which I am not sure sure I can delete. I have heard that having more than 3 themes will slow your BB. Does anyone know what impact there is for having a lot of themes available?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    07-30-09 03:48 PM
    I own about 12, but only keep the cream of the crop on my Bold.

The rest I just re-downlaod, re-install if I want to bring them back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 06:11 PM
    I rotate between about 10. No difference in performance.
    07-30-09 10:45 PM
    I have 3 in addition to the 2 default ones, but I've been using the same theme for the past 1.5 months (E's HTC theme). no impact on my Bold's performance.
    07-31-09 02:34 AM
    8 or so I guess no performance issues here either.

07-31-09 07:07 AM
    I have 12 with no lagging or performance impact. It all depends on what type of theme you are downloading - animated ones do take much more memory.
    07-31-09 08:25 AM
    I try to keep my device memory at or above 30mb. That said, I keep 5-7 not including the factory themes.
    And yes .... You should not delete the factory themes.

07-31-09 08:34 AM
    use to have around 20 but deleted some,also no real lagging. while were talking themes i have looked everywhere for 2 cruz themes and have posted this in many areas but no luck. the first is the original ubuntu theme and the second is leopard true bold. any help would be appreciated. heard cruz went to blue room solution but the themes arent there.
    07-31-09 10:03 PM
    use to have around 20 but deleted some,also no real lagging. while were talking themes i have looked everywhere for 2 cruz themes and have posted this in many areas but no luck. the first is the original ubuntu theme and the second is leopard true bold. any help would be appreciated. heard cruz went to blue room solution but the themes arent there.
    ECruz Theme Archives - BlueRoomSolution
    08-03-09 11:59 AM
    I have seven themes currently, including the two pre-loaded themes, but I've had as many as 12. I find that having a lot of themes isn't an issue. But when I have too many apps on the phone, that's when the thing gets laggy. I recently (accidentally) did a wipe and clean install of the OS. Lost all my themes and apps. It was amazing how much free space the apps took up so when I went to get back my apps I made sure to download only the ones that are most essential to me.
    08-03-09 02:11 PM
    I have seven themes currently, including the two pre-loaded themes, but I've had as many as 12. I find that having a lot of themes isn't an issue. But when I have too many apps on the phone, that's when the thing gets laggy. I recently (accidentally) did a wipe and clean install of the OS. Lost all my themes and apps. It was amazing how much free space the apps took up so when I went to get back my apps I made sure to download only the ones that are most essential to me.
    Amen to that. I have 10 themes on my blackberry currently....and haven't noticed much performance lag. But I recently rid myself of some large apps I found myself not using...and voila: it was like someone have put turbojets on my bold.
    08-05-09 05:26 PM
    i have like 10, i deleted big apps not using, and if i have a new theme i delete an old one which i can always redownload
    08-05-09 05:55 PM
    Ive got about 12 including the 2 basic. Not much change in performance.
    08-05-09 06:15 PM
    how do you delete a theme? i know you're supposed to highlight the theme in options, press menu, and select delete. But there's no delete option for me when i press menu....

i currently have about 4 themes besides the 2 preloaded ones from AT&T
    08-06-09 01:30 AM
    I have 4 in addition to factory themes. No performance issues. I cycle them around when I feel like a change, but in order of pref
    1 htc diamond
    2 htc bold
    3 android
    4 stax
    All by ecruz

08-06-09 02:42 AM
    I'm Trying to get as many as possible at my bb
    09-24-09 01:15 PM
    9 in all after deleting 3 last night.
    09-24-09 01:27 PM
    Precision Zen (Pre-installed)
    Precision Silver (Pre installed)

AndroidHeroBoldCalMes (ECruz)
    HTC Diamond (ECruz)
    OSX Pro (Ecruz)

Precision7 HTW 1.2 (own theme)
    Precision7 HTW dev (own theme, under development)

That makes only makes it 7 at the moment, at some point I think I had over 20.

Performance will only suffer if You also have a lot of apps installed. And off course it also depends on the size of the themes.
    09-24-09 04:39 PM
    2 of Basic
    Sometime, just 3
    i try to Keep memory,
    at least Im going to Delete theme, if i dont use it anymore
    09-24-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD