I was sent a Tour by Verizon corporate in exchange for my storm, I had no problems with it ( I actually loved it)my issues were store/customer service related and it was a gesture of good will on Verizons side to let me try the Tour. I just couldnt get used to the smaller keyboard and the loss of screen real estate after being used to the Storm. It was really hard to adjust to. Am I wrong for wanting to go back to the storm? Should I try it for more time before making a final choice. What are your thought?
    07-30-09 08:22 AM
    yes you are wrong, the tour is great. there are not nearly as many issues with the tour.
    07-30-09 08:26 AM
    I havn't had any issues with my storm. And the trackball on the Tour dosn't seem to be very responsive
    07-30-09 08:29 AM
    I was sent a Tour by Verizon corporate in exchange for my storm, I had no problems with it ( I actually loved it)my issues were store/customer service related and it was a gesture of good will on Verizons side to let me try the Tour. I just couldnt get used to the smaller keyboard and the loss of screen real estate after being used to the Storm. It was really hard to adjust to. Am I wrong for wanting to go back to the storm? Should I try it for more time before making a final choice. What are your thought?
    I've been trying to be happy with the tour. I mean don't get me wrong, it is a great solid phone, but I find myself missing the storm as well.
    The quirkiness and the leaks were kind of fun.
    I havn't even had to do a battery pull in weeks !
    07-30-09 08:30 AM
    Its a personal preference. If you cant go without the larger screen switch back. I on the other hand do miss the larger screen, but do not miss the issues I personally had with my Storm. I love my Tour and have had no issues.
    07-30-09 08:30 AM
    I love my storm. No problems with it specially with the latest OS. Love the bright screen and its real estate. Cannot work with smaller screens anymore. For me clicking keyboard is way better than touch screen.
    07-30-09 08:32 AM
    I am not missing the storm one bit.
    While the storm may have been jessica simpson,
    I now have a megan fox/ jennifer aniston device. (HahA I know right)

This phone has beauty and use ability. Not that I would ever use megan fox... Mmmmm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:35 AM
    It Is your phone pick the one that you most like.

07-30-09 08:35 AM
    Short and Quick..I love my storm..Having had an 8830 for two years there is no way that I would go back to the small screen.
    07-30-09 08:39 AM
    I agree with play dough man. Its your phone do what makes you happy. Don't worry about what we say we all have opinions. I had a Storm and I personally got tired of the issues and the lag of the phone. I have the Tour now. I don't have any of the Tour issues everybody else is having. I love my Tour, greatest phone I have had so far. If you love the Storm I would go to my local VZW store and get it. Hope you make the best decision for you.
    07-30-09 08:43 AM
    I'll trade my Storm and all accessories, including box as if you bought it from store with Seidio Innocase Surface for the Tour. HAHA.
    07-30-09 08:53 AM
    I love the Tour but also Loved and miss the Storms screen
    07-30-09 09:09 AM
    Short and Quick..I love my storm..Having had an 8830 for two years there is no way that I would go back to the small screen.
    Or the stable OS? Ok! You have fun, enjoy.
    07-30-09 09:13 AM
    IMHO I luv my Storm. The large screen, no trackball and clickscreen has spoiled me and I AINT going back!!! But the Tour is great phone though give it a chance if u want.

You just wanted something new. Its all good
    07-30-09 09:18 AM
    The only thing I miss about my storm is the large screen. I can live wit a smaller screen if it means I don't have to worry about my phone shutting off by its self at the worst times. Gotta give up something to get something better. So far I love my tour.
    07-30-09 09:26 AM
    I absolutely love my Storm and have not had any of the problems people keep complaining about.

The Tour sounds like a great phone too, but I agree the small screen is a total buzz kill. Being able to click slideshow and hand my phone to someone to look at all the pictures of my kid is priceless. Now I could do that on the Tour, but people just wouldn't get the full effect of the photos. This is just one minor advantage of having a larger screen that I can point out.
    07-30-09 09:47 AM
    The Storm OS with 148 and 151 is just as good as the Tour's. Slowly but surely, I knew many of you Tour users would see the light and go back to the Storm....I did. For the life of me, I can't believe that a person who is respected in these threads posted before the Tour was released that the browser was going to be the best experience of any blackberry. I just hate the browser on the Tour! I am looking at the Tour and Storm side by side using the same websites and for the life of me, I just don't get it. The Storm is much easier on the eyes, easier to surf, scroll, increase size of the screen over the Tour.

I know I will get pasted but what the heck.

Tour users, it happens all of the time. A new phone comes out with hype, it comes finally, it's a honeymoon for two weeks and then the honeymoon is over. You heard it here first, tons of you Tour users will come back to the Storm. Nuff said.
    07-30-09 10:39 AM
    How old is your storm....What OS?

I'll trade my Storm and all accessories, including box as if you bought it from store with Seidio Innocase Surface for the Tour. HAHA.

What is the Best OS for the Storm? Im using Verizon
    07-30-09 10:45 AM
    Or the stable OS? Ok! You have fun, enjoy.
    Okay then?
    It wasn't even that stable. The Storm's 5.0 leak was more stable than that. The memory leak was terrible. I would boot up with 12 and drop down to 3-4 within hours. It froze when I entered in contacts. And the browser was pretty bad, even on 4.5. I had plenty problems with that device.
    07-30-09 10:54 AM
    Lmfao. I love storm fan boys that decide to raid the Tour forum. Priceless.

Anyways. I respect your decision and if you have no problems stick with it. I wouldn't mind giving a storm a try if I could type on a touch screen. I need a physical keyboard or my hand cramps up. Either way, the storm people that just need to rave about their phone and calm down. The person that I am talking about knows who he is.
    07-31-09 12:23 AM
    I've been trying to be happy with the tour. I mean don't get me wrong, it is a great solid phone, but I find myself missing the storm as well.
    The quirkiness and the leaks were kind of fun.
    I havn't even had to do a battery pull in weeks !
    +1.
    I am mega homesick for my Storm.
    I was having 2nd thoughts on doing the deal after a week on 151.
    It's nice to run viigo all day in the background, email, text and take calls at work without worrying about a freeze up.

This will last until the deuce drops, then it can become a lovely, dependable Christmas present.

07-31-09 12:52 AM
    yea you need to give it more time!
    07-31-09 03:38 AM
    With the ease of switching between my tour and storm (*228 option 3) I have switched back and forth about ten times trying to determine which phone to stick with. Every time I switch back to my storm I miss the speed, form factor and weight of the tour. I enjoyed my storm for many months and the .151 leak was the best yet, but the tour is just how a blackberry is supposed to operate. The screen size is the biggest adjustment, but I can live with it.
    07-31-09 06:41 AM
    many people who have the storm are first time Blackberry users. They say they like the storm simply becuase they don't know how a blackberry should be, and the storm is a failuer of a blackberry. The Tour and most every other blackberry out there is what a blackberry should be and you couldnt pay me enough money to go back into the storm. The storm is the biggest POS phone on the market right now and just got a awarded a few weeks ago the worst smart phone of the year
    07-31-09 08:07 AM
    It's personal preference. I personally prefer the Storm over the Tour. I don't see a huge difference in speed or efficiency with either phone. I enjoy the touch screen, and think I'm personally more productive on the Storm. .151 on the Storm has been a solid OS and the only issues I've had are with buggy, poorly written 3rd party apps. My storm has been running .151 since it was released with no battery pulls or restarts. The .151 radio beats the Tour's current one hands down, I average 1-2 bars more on my Storm than the Tour. And as far as speed goes, I really don't see a big difference between the two phones.

It's up to you...
    07-31-09 08:40 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD