I bought a Tour a few days after it came out. It seems to have been of better quality than what most people are reporting on this site, except for the fact it kept having poor call quality. I just got it replaced only to be appalled at the quality of the phone from a hardware perspective. The trackball constanlty has lag and the battery door is unacceptably loose. Tomorrow I am going to return the phone and wait till RIM starts shipping quality Tours.

My question is how long will this take to occur? Using my old phone is going to be painful after using the Tour. A bit over dramatic.
    07-29-09 10:15 PM
    Hmmm 3 months?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 10:17 PM
    This is all relative ....

My tour that I got 2 days after release have ZERO issues. So your "I'm going to wait on RIM to ship quality Tours" is asinine as YRMV
    Last edited by rantingryan; 07-29-09 at 10:20 PM.
    07-29-09 10:18 PM
    That's the million dollar question...
    07-29-09 10:18 PM
    I've had mine 4 about a week + a half , I've only had minor issues* (yay) so I can't complain after the "STORM" ahhh lol

07-29-09 10:21 PM
    I got mine on the 14th and have no problems.

07-29-09 10:22 PM
    rantingryan, how is it asinine to want a good quality phone when I am going to pay $200. Are you suggesting I have them replace it till I get a good one? Otherwise I do not get the point of your post.
    07-29-09 10:23 PM
    Bought mine on the 12th and must have gotten lucky?
    07-29-09 10:24 PM
    Are you suggesting I have them replace it till I get a good one?
    Thats my suggestion. I have had no issues with mine so good units are out there.
    07-29-09 10:30 PM
    rantingryan, how is it asinine to want a good quality phone when I am going to pay $200. Are you suggesting I have them replace it till I get a good one? Otherwise I do not get the point of your post.

Your staunchness of "waiting" makes no sense as many of us have day one release units with no problems.
    07-29-09 10:30 PM
    When will a quality Vista ship?

Some people are just never happy. If you don't like what RIM is putting out, please don't get one. BTW...perfect tour here, haven't had to pull the battery once. Amazing what a forgiving attitude can have on electronics.
    07-29-09 10:32 PM
    I ordered two Tours at 1am the Sunday morning it launched and I have had ZERO problems with both..
    07-29-09 10:33 PM
    It would have been more simple if you had put it that way. I will try going to a different location and seeing if they have any from Canada instead. Both of them are from Mexico. I will let guys know how it goes.
    07-29-09 10:33 PM
    It would have been more simple if you had put it that way. I will try going to a different location and seeing if they have any from Canada instead. Both of them are from Mexico. I will let guys know how it goes.

Sorry I wasnt more clear...and BTW my Tour is from Mexico and she's a beauty
    07-29-09 10:34 PM
    Got mine on the 12th and it's been great.
    07-29-09 10:46 PM
    Yeah. Can't wait for the quality Tours. The loose battery door is just horrifying. Everything else works great, but RIM ought to be sued for selling such shoddy merchandise. I mean, it's supposed to be frakkin' perfect, just like the iPhone.

What? The iPhone has bugs? No way. MSNBC would have reported that. What? The iPhone has poor to mediocre phone reception? Not a chance. It's absolutely perfect, just listen to the news.

If every single BlackBerry doesn't meet MY ideal of perfection, then RIM should work like h3ll to be more like Apple. What? Lawsuits? Now I know you're lying. No one would sue Apple over the iPhone.
    07-29-09 10:47 PM
    I got mine the day after they were released. No problems whatsoever, lay off the crack pipe sonny and stop crying.

07-29-09 10:49 PM
    Okay, my phone was just in sleep mode and I pushed the trackball and usually it wakes up instantly, but this time it took about 1 second. I think I'm going to have to return it.
    I'm on my 12th Tour. The first 3 had box defects and I never left the store, the next 2 felt weird in my left hand while facing to the south, the 6th, 8th and 10th had too much light escaping from behind the trackball when in a dark room, and the 7th, 9th, and 11th had the screen ripple when I tapped on them with a tack hammer.
    Here's to magic number 12!
    07-29-09 10:56 PM
    Okay, my phone was just in sleep mode and I pushed the trackball and usually it wakes up instantly, but this time it took about 1 second. I think I'm going to have to return it.
    I'm on my 12th Tour. The first 3 had box defects and I never left the store, the next 2 felt weird in my left hand while facing to the south, the 6th, 8th and 10th had too much light escaping from behind the trackball when in a dark room, and the 7th, 9th, and 11th had the screen ripple when I tapped on them with a tack hammer.
    Here's to magic number 12!
    Good call man, good luck with #12! Hopefully once the 8530 comes out they'll let you multi-fru
    07-29-09 10:57 PM
    ...I would have been happy with my first Tour, but it was getting really annoying not being able to talk on the phone. No, the battery door was not perfect, but I was fine with it. Is it not legit to want good call quality?

The trackball and battery door were much better on the first. I am kinda wishing I just dealt with the calls now. Chill out people.
    07-29-09 11:04 PM
    I got mine the day after they were released. No problems whatsoever, lay off the crack pipe sonny and stop crying. it doesn't matter whether a Canadian or Mexican made manufactured your phone Lol.

Quality Tours started shipping the day pre-orders were shipped a few weeks ago. Mine has given me no problems. As with any man made product there will be those who aren't happy with anything.
    What he is saying is that it is asinine to make a conclusive statement that no quality Tours have shipped.
    07-29-09 11:05 PM
    Saying that I will not be happy with anything is quite a large statement to say when you don't know me.
    07-29-09 11:12 PM
    I got mine the day after they were released. No problems whatsoever, lay off the crack pipe sonny and stop crying. it doesn't matter whether a Canadian or Mexican made manufactured your phone Lol.

07-29-09 11:24 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD