Ok, so I want some other fun stuff (see also; "stuff to wow my friends") to do with my Tour.... I don't want games, I want cool, techie stuff - I don't use Slingbox, so leave that one out and give me your best suggestions.

I have Vlingo, UberTwitter, Vision (YouTube app), Pandora, Slacker, Where, Google Voice, Google maps, (all else "google"), BBM 5.0, TetherBerry, Peekawho (only using PeekaBlock because the "who" part seriously slows down my unit), BerryWeather...

What else do I need??
    07-29-09 07:59 PM
    Mobiscope - Video from webcams on mobile
    defiantly the coolest thing that I have come across. I do not currently have it on my Tour and only used it occasionally on my curve. I do not have a desktop that runs constantly or I would defiantly have a subscription.
    07-29-09 08:15 PM
    Sounds like you need an iPhone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 08:15 PM
    If you want wow factor, the bb is not going to give it to you.

The bb os and 98 percent of the software for it is dull as dishwater. Until rim decides to invest in software instead of "hey look a new phone" that does the same junk as the one released 6 months ago, that's the way its going to stay.

If you want interesting and fun, you got the wrong type of phone. Sorry.

07-29-09 08:22 PM
    Cadmonkey and camalus, I disagree. ) But thank you.

thanks Chase! I will check it out.
    07-29-09 08:28 PM
    i like berry buzz do you have that?
    07-29-09 08:54 PM
    Yes, I have berrybuzz, I like it too! I forget about those that run in the background.....thanks wth!!
    07-29-09 09:07 PM
    I need some fun apps too. I'm going to get the ones you have and then go from there!
    07-29-09 09:15 PM
    Cadmonkey and camalus, I disagree. ) But thank you.

by the end of this thread you will see they were right : )

07-29-09 09:15 PM
    cereal_killer, I disagree. But thank you.
    07-29-09 09:45 PM
    I think the Blackberry is dedicated to being a smooth, well working phone that is reliable in getting the job done yes. However, I am having TONS of fun playing games, watching movies, downloading cool apps on it. I don't know what kind of wow factor you are looking for, but I just downloaded the one touch flashlight app that uses the camera flash as a flashlight and WOW it like blinded me lol... That was my latest cool discovery

Also YouMail is really cool. You can personalize your greetings on your voicemail for different people. Everyone is surprised when they hear my personalized greetings
    07-29-09 10:17 PM
    oh no! this thread is going to slowly turn into a RIM bashing congestion. The phone is great. The only complaints you will hear is from the ones who want their blackberrys to morph into Iphone on the weekend so they can play all the cool games and farting apps and then back to a rock solid productive device for the week.
    07-29-09 10:23 PM
    I'd love a few more fun apps 2 keep me busy wen the rugrats aren't terrorizing me
    I already have all the ones mentioned on here except the flashlight one-

07-29-09 10:24 PM
    oh no! this thread is going to slowly turn into a RIM bashing congestion. The phone is great. The only complaints you will hear is from the ones who want their blackberrys to morph into Iphone on the weekend so they can play all the cool games and farting apps and then back to a rock solid productive device for the week.
    That's why I saved for an iPod touch.

~X

Oh, I do suggest YouMail as someone else also recommended. Make sure the app you use on your phone is from BlackBerry App World not the YouMail site because for some reason it's newer.

07-30-09 02:40 AM
    Show your friends that 2 girl 1 cup video on your phone, that will "wow" your friends if not throw up first.
    07-30-09 02:56 AM
    OH man...I came in here looking for a good game like bubble defense and found an iPhone. Like we need any more reminders about how much more fun that phone is!
    07-30-09 02:57 AM
    I just got Fierce Towers. Its a game kinda like bubble defense. Kinda fun. Im waiting for a good Kindle App to read my ebooks. I'll be all set. I also personally like Quick SMS, and Isms to make texting easier. Its fun for me.
    07-30-09 03:03 AM
    Show your friends that 2 girl 1 cup video on your phone, that will "wow" your friends if not throw up first.
    Okay it's only 1 hour into Thursday and I think thatll be my biggest laugh of the day! That was awesome, thank you!

07-30-09 03:29 AM

Blasphemy!!
    07-30-09 05:30 AM
    If you have a computer at home that's constantly connected to the internet, you could install the Orb server (MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software) and stream any* music, video, or picture you have on your computer to your phone.

*assuming they're in a compatible format.

Also, if your friends are familiar with smartphones, "wow" them by showing that you can go more than a day without recharging.
    07-30-09 06:07 AM
    In MY opinion...

the Blackberry is honestly made for business, but it has some amazing apps that make it for personal use. Yes, like they said the iPhone is more for kids, etc. cuz its more like a toy. But Blackberry have some amazing apps that make it both good for business and personal use.
    07-30-09 06:14 AM
    I think the Blackberry is dedicated to being a smooth, well working phone that is reliable in getting the job done yes. However, I am having TONS of fun playing games, watching movies, downloading cool apps on it. I don't know what kind of wow factor you are looking for, but I just downloaded the one touch flashlight app that uses the camera flash as a flashlight and WOW it like blinded me lol... That was my latest cool discovery

Also YouMail is really cool. You can personalize your greetings on your voicemail for different people. Everyone is surprised when they hear my personalized greetings
    willyg, can we talk about YouMail? How does it work, and don't you have to forward calls to it? Doesn't that cost? Help a girl out? PM maybe?
    07-30-09 08:58 AM

Haha. A pink one.
    07-30-09 09:00 AM
    willyg, can we talk about YouMail? How does it work, and don't you have to forward calls to it? Doesn't that cost? Help a girl out? PM maybe?
    No it doesn't cost and no you don't have to forward your calls to it. I have this feature too and it's so nice to just click the icon and listen to your voicemails instead of calling your voicemail and entering your password everytime.

I always get the "How did your phone know it was me calling?" It's fun.
    07-30-09 09:33 AM
    No it doesn't cost and no you don't have to forward your calls to it. I have this feature too and it's so nice to just click the icon and listen to your voicemails instead of calling your voicemail and entering your password everytime.

I always get the "How did your phone know it was me calling?" It's fun.

panttherlady, can you give me a short tutorial about how to set this up? I had read that "additional carrier charges will apply", so there's no fee for forwarding each call to this?? I'd love to try it today...
    07-30-09 10:01 AM
94 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD