Just wondering if the data download and upload speeds are better on the tour than on the 8900? I've read in several reviews that they are but im not sure if its because of the 3g in CDMA networks. I'm going to be usin tmobile so i dont think 3G will be possible. I was just really bumbed out since it doesn't have wifi and thats what i used to get decent Pandora plays, with my Edge network i constantly get songs interrupted. Thanks for your Help
    07-29-09 03:03 PM
    I'm sure there will be no difference in speed since you're still using tmobile sorry.
    07-29-09 03:05 PM
    I've used Pandora, 3G is plenty enough to stream without interruption as long as you have good signal strength and aren't traveling around in dead zones. I haven't come across a situation thinking "damn, I really wish I had WiFi" yet.
    07-29-09 03:06 PM
    I've used Pandora, 3G is plenty enough to stream without interruption as long as you have good signal strength and aren't traveling around in dead zones. I haven't come across a situation thinking "damn, I really wish I had WiFi" yet.
    He's on edge though
    07-29-09 03:09 PM
    He's on edge though
    Yeah... my bad, didn't read his post thoroughly.
    Good luck with EDGE and having to find a WiFi hotspot everywhere you go...
    07-29-09 03:11 PM
    I am dropping T-mobile while paying 100 buck termination fee and depositing 100 buck for Sprint.
    It's worth it in my opinion.
    T-mobile is miles behind in 3G coverage.

EDGE is stone age now.
    I am a greedy consumer i want pandora, ability to watch youtube on my phone.
    07-29-09 03:22 PM
    You'll get better service with sprint, tMo is not good in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 03:25 PM
    you guys think sprint is the best one now.. I've really been very close to switching networks as i've noticed lots of service loss and the lack of 3G, is ATT better, Sprint... ?? Verizon?
    07-29-09 03:38 PM
    I tested both Sprint and Verizon Tours and I took the Verizon Tour back and kept the Sprint. In my opinion Sprint has better coverage in Los Angeles & Orange County with 3G and overall the Sprint tour has free telenav, tv and all around better in my opinion.

JP
    07-29-09 07:40 PM
    I tested both Sprint and Verizon Tours and I took the Verizon Tour back and kept the Sprint. In my opinion Sprint has better coverage in Los Angeles & Orange County with 3G and overall the Sprint tour has free telenav, tv and all around better in my opinion.

JP
    too bad cdma cant do voice and data simultaneously.......and still no wifi..
    07-29-09 08:27 PM
    Guys i got the verizon tour and i wanted to switch to a network with a good 3g coverage. I called Sprint and they informed me they couldn't use my Tour/Verizon i basically had to get a Sprint Tour. I think im stuck with verizon and well their plans are not too good. I'll be stuck paying about $100/month for 900 mins with 5 fav and unlimited data/text/multimedia... Is this good?

Not sure about this is like 109 plus tax for 900 mins.. that seems like a lot to me. Im used to t-mobile maybe but wow. I got the Verizon tour so i dont think i could go to Sprint now.
    Last edited by Yomny; 07-30-09 at 01:35 PM.
    07-30-09 01:26 PM
    If you're still in your 30 days you could always switch to Sprint. Depending on your coverage. They have the tour as well and a comparable plan would be $89.99 for 900 Minutes with mobile to mobile and nights starting at 7pm. It also includes unlimited messaging/email/web/gps/sprint tv and the nascar app if you like nascar. Significant savings for more features and similiar coverage since the networks can roam off one another at no extra cost to the customer. Also keep in mind the mobile to mobile and how many people you can talk to for free on your verizon account. If you have to go up it's $10 more dollars for simply everything at $99.99
    07-30-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD