This is my first post here so please go easy on me if its in the wrong place. As the title of this thread would suggest, I'm currently in the market for replacing my previous BT (Jabra BT 250v) and have narrowed the selection to the aforementioned 3. The BT would be paired with a Curve 8330.

Here's slightly more information from my perspective:

I was OK with the Jabra on previous phones I owned but it really left an awful lot to be desired when I picked up the Curve a year ago. I don't have any plans to upgrade my phone anytime soon. I'm not particular with the over the ear bulky design BT but I don't necessarily have an aversion to it either if that's the best option available.

I have found that I have smaller ear canals (if that's how we refer to them) than most, in that a lot of BTs I've tried in the past had to be returned due to their uncomfortable fit. The previous Jabra BT I owned that is going to be replaced was OK with fit due to the fluted ear gels I picked up for it through Jabra. I don't think the same gels would work unless the new one I pick up is also an over the ear design. I also wear glasses 100% of the time so "sometimes" the ear hook design gets in the way but its not too bad.

Anyway, the 925 and JBII are of course less bulky but I would love to hear more from others in regards to comfort and overall quality of both, especially from anyone who feels they might also have smaller ear openings. I simply don't have hundreds (who does) of dollars to afford making another mistake or extra time to jockey back and forth with returns so I'd like to get this one right.
    If you feel completely sold on a model I haven't listed here, feel free to tell me why. I'd like to pare down the options instead of adding more but I'm always open to hear from experienced users.

Any/all feedback, suggestions, recommendations are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking time to help me.

Cheers!
    Last edited by spydrwebb; 07-29-09 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added that I wear glasses
    07-29-09 11:00 AM
    I have the discovery 925 and love it, it's very lightweight and it comes with several soft gel ear pieces to pick for comfort. Sound quality is great and i do tend to forget i have it in the ear. It also comes with a little case that charges the piece
    07-29-09 11:50 AM
    I have only ever had the Voyager models, both 510 and 520. I liked the 510 so much I have had 3 of them. I also used the 510 for my work landline and cell phone at hte same time.

I have looked at the Pro, but haven't needed to upgrade yet. I will probably go with the Pro whenever I do upgrade because they have been so good so far.
    07-29-09 01:44 PM
    The more I read and hear from friends it would appear the JBII (or prime for that matter) are losing ground. Looking more like the two Plantronics battling one another for the top spot.

Casmer, I had the 510 and 520 in my early list but weeded them out a week or so ago. Perhaps that was premature. We'll see what others might have to say as well.

What say the rest of you, concerning all of the BTs mentioned in this thread?
    07-29-09 08:08 PM
    I have the Plantronics 925, it sits in a drawer. It's clear and loud to me, but doesnt cancel out noise like I wanted it to do. So I went back to my H12, which stopped working last week, it was a great bluetooth. So I went off and got the JB Prime, it is still early. I like it so far, haven't had anyone say anything about hearing alot of backround noise. I would recommend the prime or h15 if you want the best on the market. I just ordered the h15, will have it in a couple of days, but the reviews are good. But I wouldn’t get the 925 or jb2. On the JB2 there isn't the voice sensor, so if it the bluetooth isn't touching your check right you'll sound like you are talking into a tin can.
    07-29-09 08:32 PM
    Thanks, DaVBB. I've had nothing but problems with Moto BTs so I'm real hesitant to try another one. Nevertheless, I appreciate your feedback and hope the h15 works well for you.
    07-30-09 07:32 AM
    Felt people would have more to offer by way of opinion and experience. Maybe I was being naive.

Having spoken to several friends with BTs my search has been limited to the Plantronics 510 or Voyager Pro. Most likely going to purchase one of them this weekend but still welcome your feedback as you see fit.

There's a significant price difference between the two so that's my obvious hesitation. The technology advance might warrant this but I'm not too sure... yet.

Especially interested in hearing from those that may have previously had the Plantronics 510 and upgraded to the Voyager Pro, but all are welcome to add value to this thread.

Cheers!
    Last edited by spydrwebb; 07-31-09 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added content
    07-31-09 07:46 AM
    Stopped into Alltel this weekend and spent some time with one of the technicians. Cool thing is he came right and out confirmed (admitted) there is an issue with the pairing of the Voyager Pro and the "random disconnect" with some Verizon phones. He didn't have a list of them but said that Verizon is aware and it is being addressed. He also didn't have a timeline for the fix but seemed to suggest that it wasn't going to be corrected by Verizon specific hardware reissues as some has stated, rather a firmware soft upgrade. I assume this is on the phone's end because I'm not sure how one would do that on the actual BT headset, but I cannot say for certain how this upgrade will be executed.

Anyway, I managed to purchase the last Voyager 510 they had in stock and it was on clearance for $30. That's' a good price and although they can be found a touch cheaper on the web I figured the Alltel purchase would be less hassle if a return needed to be executed. Even though it was on clearance they still give you 15 days to decide whether you want to keep it, or not.

It has only been one day but the device appears to be working quite well. I'm not sure exactly what the clarity should be but it seems above average. My only thing is trying to find some gel tips for the part of the BT that rests on/in my ear. The foam end the unit came with just don't seem to feel secure enough, but I could live with it.

Anyone know of any fluted gel tips that are available for these types of over the ear models? I'd prefer even the slightest but connection with my ear versus simply having the end rest on the opening of my ear. Hopefully that's clear.

Please let me know, if you happen to own one or just are aware of what might work best.

Cheers!
    08-02-09 09:33 AM
    Stopped into Alltel this weekend and spent some time with one of the technicians. Cool thing is he came right and out confirmed (admitted) there is an issue with the pairing of the Voyager Pro and the "random disconnect" with some Verizon phones. He didn't have a list of them but said that Verizon is aware and it is being addressed. He also didn't have a timeline for the fix but seemed to suggest that it wasn't going to be corrected by Verizon specific hardware reissues as some has stated, rather a firmware soft upgrade. I assume this is on the phone's end because I'm not sure how one would do that on the actual BT headset, but I cannot say for certain how this upgrade will be executed.

Anyway, I managed to purchase the last Voyager 510 they had in stock and it was on clearance for $30. That's' a good price and although they can be found a touch cheaper on the web I figured the Alltel purchase would be less hassle if a return needed to be executed. Even though it was on clearance they still give you 15 days to decide whether you want to keep it, or not.

It has only been one day but the device appears to be working quite well. I'm not sure exactly what the clarity should be but it seems above average. My only thing is trying to find some gel tips for the part of the BT that rests on/in my ear. The foam end the unit came with just don't seem to feel secure enough, but I could live with it.

Anyone know of any fluted gel tips that are available for these types of over the ear models? I'd prefer even the slightest but connection with my ear versus simply having the end rest on the opening of my ear. Hopefully that's clear.

Please let me know, if you happen to own one or just are aware of what might work best.

Cheers!

I have the BB Storm 9530 and the Plantronics Voyager Pro. It has worked flawlessly as has Plantronics 925 (before I lost it) ever since Stoirm got the firmware update.
    08-02-09 04:56 PM
    The Sennheiser VMX 100 might interest you, because it's not in-ear, it sits over the ear. It's audio quality's really good too.
    08-03-09 03:23 AM
    **update**

Plantronics 510 was returned.

To be clear, this had nothing to do with performance. I actually found both clarity (incoming and outgoing) and overall end user experience to be exceptional in terms of function.

Unfortunately, I began to develop redness behind my ear. It was as if a slow rash was forming (maybe not technically, but I don't know) due to the overall body of the device resting against my ear and head. I could really tell how sensitive this area had become when I'd lie down at night and had small pain from the affected region touching my pillow.

I was extremely pleased with the performance of the 510 and would recommend it highly if you don't feel the same fit/rub would be an issue for you.

I've since gone with the BlueAnt z9i and thus far (only a few days) it also has been impressive. The clarity is a touch inferior to what I enjoyed with the Plantronics 510 but everything else seems to make this small step down one that I'm not minding all that much.
    Last edited by spydrwebb; 08-14-09 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added BlueAnt
    08-14-09 11:29 AM
    I have all three and I'm loving the Voyager Pro.
    08-14-09 11:46 AM
    I would go with a Plantronics, really reliable, quality brand.
    08-16-09 06:05 PM
    Another option: The BlueAnt Q1.

I've got one, and it's WONDERFUL! The voice control is outstanding. So nice to actually have a headset that is actually completely "handsfree" with the exception of one button push!
    08-22-09 03:34 PM
    I have had the Plaintronics 925 since i picked up my phone and I use it almost everyday with out having a single problem
    08-22-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD