HOLY C**** you guys I almost died of a heart attack taking my BB apart to make it red!!!!!!! excuse me I mean Crimson

I ordered it and waited for what felt like forever! Then once I got it, I had already seen the YouTube video tons of time, but it still not the same when you are taking YOUR BB apart! At all! I was sweating! And it's so dang nerve wreaking when you want to open it but are way too scared of breaking the hidden little tabs! well I didn't have the opener tool, (the plastic one that is in the video to separate the faceplate) so I just used a credit card, but I still lifted the screen a little bit, and now my BB doesn't sit flush all the way like it did before I tainted it with my clumsy hands! Lol

Anyway I just wanted to post some pics for your sake, oh and if you could PLEASE tell me about the picture where it has the blue arrow that is what I'm talking about that doesn't sit exactly as it did before.
    thanks guys!

04-06-08 01:11 AM
    Wow, that sucks. You are braver than I would ever be. I don't even like taking out my memory card and/or sim.
    04-06-08 01:20 AM
    OMG Jayden, I thought I WAS playing it safe, I mean it's not like I can afford colorware, and I played it safe by NOT painting it myslef, but GEEZ this is def. not for the faint of heart! lol
    04-06-08 01:28 AM
    Don't overtighten it, but is the screw on securely?
    04-06-08 01:42 AM
    I just changed my faceplate today and I came across the same issue. I pulled the black rubber side out from the top, it will kinda pivot because it is secured at the bottom with a screw...be careful when you do this. Anyways you just have to fanaggle it a little bit and eventually it will set back in place. Make sure you loosen both screws on the top first! Also make sure that the rubber side on top where the screw goes through is underneath the metal from the insides, and not on top. This might be what is causing the gap.
    04-06-08 01:56 AM
    I forgot to mention, make sure when you tighten both screws on top, not to torque just one screw down completely and then proceed to the second screw...secure them equally. A few turns on one screw...and then a few on the other...until both are snug. Hope this helps.
    04-06-08 02:00 AM
    niice!!! good job
    04-06-08 02:03 AM
    I wouldn't have the nerve either. I wanted that colour but am terrified of being without my BB if I mess it up! Great colour tho. Hope you can sort it out.
    04-06-08 02:07 AM
    I've taken mine apart numerous time without a hitch. It is scary the first time but it definitely got easier for subsequent times. The problem you're probably having is the way you put everything with the screen together. If you look at that side you'll notice that the rubber is supposed to go on top of the LCD. You probably put it at the bottom. You need to take it apart again and look at how it stacks and I'm sure you'll fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 02:17 AM
    it looks lovely! job well done!!
    04-06-08 02:20 AM
    Don't overtighten it, but is the screw on securely?

Well that is where I srewed it aaaaalllll up!.......... Is I DID over tighten them and ended up pulling out the metal part out of the plastic back plate- so I had to hold the metal small rings w some pliers while I unscrewed them the had to glue the metal rings again and then try to screw that part again GENTLY so I thought I took care of it because the screws are now on there tight but not too much I

Think what happened is since I struggled to take the original face plate since I was so afraid of breaking it and

in the end the screen part lifted (not supposed to)

I don't know! All I know is I eF'd UP!!!!
    04-06-08 02:26 AM
    This whole process sounds so nerve wrecking. I think I will have to stick with Titanium or buck up and pay colorware.
    04-06-08 02:59 AM
    So, where'd you find the all-red (crimson!) housing? I've got one that "somehow" developed a scratch or two (before my best skins ever arrived).... i've looked all over without success...

tsm!
    04-06-08 05:28 AM
    Gotta say that when I read you original post I was thinking 'whay not just leave the bl***y thing alone?' THEN I saw the finished product. Wow! does that phone ever look GREAT! Where'd ya get the case from. I want, I want, I want one.

Pete
    04-06-08 06:19 AM
    Wow you are way braver than I would ever be!! Props.
    04-06-08 07:28 AM
    Man i dont know how you would fix that, looks like something in the middle, most likely the rubber part is not seated correctly. Id just "lightly" mess with it and see if I could fix it, if not just live with it, you dont wanna cause any damage ya know.

Oh and I always take those instructional videos with a grain of salt, for example the "Invisible shield", not even close to being that easy!

Looks good though!

Jim
    04-06-08 08:32 AM
    Should've gotten the tool to make it a little easier on you but it looks great!
    04-06-08 08:36 AM
    I dont think I would try something like that!
    04-06-08 08:37 AM
    Yea its not screwed in properly has to be the rubber side whole not seated correctly.
    04-06-08 10:25 AM
    It looks great! You can get the red housing on cnn.cn for those who were asking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 11:01 AM
    04-06-08 11:21 AM
    well 2 things i see wrong
    u have an 8300 and ur using the red housing from 8310 (not 100% but maybe different "little tab" spots)
    also ur bottom bracket doesnt sit flush either, i wud take the phone apart again and retry ur old faceplate, if it works, than try the red again being careful
    04-06-08 11:23 AM
    The housings for all Curves are exactly the same and completely interchangeable.
    04-06-08 12:07 PM
    I take them apart all the time at work since I work in a service and repair center, but I'd never dream of taking my own apart without the proper tools.
    04-06-08 12:33 PM
    I take them apart all the time at work since I work in a service and repair center, but I'd never dream of taking my own apart without the proper tools.
    what tools are required and where can i find the housing @?

i'd like to order everything this evening or tonight.
    04-06-08 02:03 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD