I have the Blackberry Tour with Verizon Wireless.

Golflogix.com has the Blackberry Bold available for download on their site. The Tour is basically the same phone, so I am curious to know if I will be able to download the software for the Bold and load it on to my Tour. I am not a cell phone genuis, so forgive me if this seems to be a dumb questions.

I know Verizon blocks 3rd party GPS apps, but I was told that the Tour has a-GPS, therefore this product will work on my phone. Anyone have some insight into this?

Feel free to PM me the answer or just post on here!

Thanks!
    07-29-09 10:35 AM
    Most Bold apps work fine with the Tour - I too have been looking for a good golf app, and this one looks pretty professional. I'm going to try to see how it works.

Edit: Downloaded the Bold version. Seems to work perfect, although it's a little slow. Plus... $39.95 per year membership??? Wow!
    Last edited by slinky317; 07-29-09 at 10:48 AM.
    07-29-09 10:41 AM
    i have greenfinder and it works great with the tour. after a 5 hour round with the gps going i still had half of my battery available compared to the storm, which left me with little battery life.(GreenFinder Golf GPS for your SmartPhone)
    07-29-09 10:50 AM
    What's the best free golf GPS? I downloaded bbgpsgolf, but have not tried it out yet.
    07-29-09 10:57 AM
    GreenFinder looks nice, but it's also $35/yr which is kind of ridiculous. Are there any decent golf apps out there that have GPS and are free or only have a one-time fee?
    07-29-09 11:07 AM
    Thank you all for your help with this so quickly! I appreciated it.

Jason
    07-29-09 11:33 AM
    I have used the BBGPSGOLF on my Tour and used it once after I mapped the course I was playing. It wasn't bad but I could tell that I needed to map the course on location. I contacted Golflogix a couple weeks ago and they said they are working on a Tour version. Most decent pay golf gps applications are 30-40 per year so the price isn't out of line. At least we dont have to pay $300 for the standalone gps device plus the yearly fee.
    07-29-09 11:35 AM
    I have been using Intelligolf for my GPS golfing needs. I have used a bluetoothed GPS receiver in the past, but I am planning on using the internal with the Tour here shortly.

The program lets your track scores and side bets too, but I mainly use it for the custom GPS locations.

-keep
    07-29-09 11:35 AM
    You should try out mscorecard, I've been using it for 4 years and it is a great golf application. Uses GPS for front / mid / back of green.
    scoring and many statistics (putts, fairways , penalty's etc) for up to 5 golfers. side game (skins, nassau, etc). emails scores and stats to each player
    mScorecard� | Golf scorecard, statistics and GPS software for mobile phones, BlackBerry, Palm and Windows Mobile devices
    I HAVE tried most every other golf program out there and for $15 lifetime mscorecard is a steal.
    07-29-09 11:59 AM
    This is a great thread! I'm gonna check out mScorecard this afternoon. Two of my close friends are pros and both have Tours, it would be cool to turn them on to this!
    07-29-09 12:02 PM
    kajungolfers, i have a couple of questions regarding that app....are the courses manually inputted? and does the app consist on one page for everything or does it have a page for just distances without scoring? thanks joe
    08-01-09 08:40 AM
    I have BBGPSGOLF. It's great and it's free. I have mapped about 4 courses. Each course takes about 30-45mins to map using googleearth and they are ready for use as soon as they are uploaded. I used BBGPSGOLF at a course that already had gps on the golf cart and they were about a yard difference. Pretty good for a free app. I highly recommend it. Won't play another round without it.
    08-10-09 09:56 AM
    I use a standalone GolfLogix unit and love it. A friend just tried the GolfLogix app for the iPhone and likes it but the only remorse he has is there is an awesome iPhone app out there that is temporarily available without a subscription fee.

As a Storm user, I am just waiting for the GolfLogix app to become available and I will be selling my standalone unit.

In general, I hate the annual subscription fee but Skycaddie made golf GPS a big business and that is the model they used. All the others followed so it has become standard. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, most of the GPS that are "worth it" charge some sort of annual free.
    08-12-09 10:12 AM
    I use accelgolf its a good scorecard, range finder and gps. the basic version is free but they have 2 premium versions that add in very detailed stat tracking, down to which club you used and how you did so that it will be able to start recommending clubs to you at each lie.
    08-12-09 11:39 AM
    Golf logix is now available for Tour
    08-18-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD