I was about to try and download the leaked version of blackberry messenger 5.0 when the links have been taken offline! Does anyone know when the official version will be available for upgrade?

I have the blackberry curve 8330.
    07-28-09 02:40 PM
    berryreview.com listed new links for it today
    07-28-09 06:00 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing is anyone aware of an official release date of when the Blackberry Messenger 5.0 will come out ?
    07-30-09 10:23 PM
    I checked berryreview.com and it wasn't there the link. I was able to get it from stormota.com when it was available for one of my blackberries. I need the ota link for my other one. Anyone let me know if u find one, thanks.
    07-30-09 10:44 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:14 PM
    Okay, so I downloaded it and rebooted and it's gone! Where did it go?

07-31-09 08:07 AM

You need to learn to read instructions. Your phone probably doesn't have the needed OS on it in order to run BBM 5.

Each of the links you downloaded from tell you this in the description.
    Pay attention next time.

Also, there are 1000000 topics here on the board where you can get help for your problem, and how to fix it.
    07-31-09 09:07 AM
    This is the best site for BB info, but you need to learn how to first see the info that is right in front of you.

There are many many topics about this issue all over the first few pages here.

You really wont get much help if you can't first see the info that is right in front of your eyes.
    07-31-09 11:10 AM
    You need to learn to read instructions. Your phone probably doesn't have the needed OS on it in order to run BBM 5.

Each of the links you downloaded from tell you this in the description.
    Pay attention next time.

Also, there are 1000000 topics here on the board where you can get help for your problem, and how to fix it.
    i'm pretty sure you could have helped out in a more congenial way. there was no need for the hostility in your reply. you remind me of the kids i went to school with. instead of helping learn and help your fellow man, you put people down.
    07-31-09 05:10 PM

What OS are you running on your 8330? If it is 4.5.0.77, BBM 5.0 will not work. For some reason it installs but the icon disappears. In order to use it you will need to upgrade your OS. You can find the latest release along with instructions on how to upgrade at the top of the 83XX forum.

Also, I hope you did a backup before downloading or have a recent backup saved otherwise you most likely lost all your contacts as well.

ps; not everyone on this site are jerks. But, there does seem to be a lot of them floating around lately.

07-31-09 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD