When i bought my phone i bought it at best buy and the guy there made there protection plan sound so much better then Verizon's so i went with it instead. I went in yesterday to ask about it because i want to replace my storm because the screen stops working. They guy said it take 3-4 weeks to get it back and i either have to leave a $150 deposit and they will give me a loaner phone or i can buy a prepaid phone and use that on my plan. But that means no blackberry for a month which i don't want. so i'm wondering if anyone has a way to get them to add insurance after the 30 days is up. i also pay $10 bucks a month for the stupid best buy plan. If i can't get it added i may cancel and go to at&t, which i don't want to do because money is tight. I need my phone to work and not have to do a battery pull to make a call or text someone back.
    07-28-09 10:58 AM
    your chances are probably remote at best.
    based on my own personal experience, they wouldn't allow me to add insurance after teh 30 day mark. Also, they're going to sense something's up when you want to add insurance and then immediately file a claim.
    Also, in order for insurance to be activated, a call must be made from that phone.
    Sorry for the bad news. I tried to add insurance on the 32nd day when i'd lost my phone
    07-29-09 01:16 PM
    I was able to add it after doing a warrenty replacement.. So if your having some minor problems it may be worth looking into trying to get a replacement.
    07-29-09 03:39 PM
    if the screen stopped working that should be covered under the waranty...like it doesn't register that you're touching anything stopped working? now if it's cracked or you dropped it...that's a different story...otherwise you'll have to call the insurence company and add insurence for the phone
    07-29-09 04:10 PM
    if the screen stopped working that should be covered under the waranty...like it doesn't register that you're touching anything stopped working? now if it's cracked or you dropped it...that's a different story...otherwise you'll have to call the insurence company and add insurence for the phone
    How do i do a warranty replacement? Do i just need to go into a Verizon store and they will do the replacement right there?
    08-04-09 07:33 PM
    Also if u don't want todo battery pulls then don't buy a BB. Because all BB suffer from memory problems. Also I can't figure why folks buy there cell phones outside carrier stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 06:10 AM
    How do i do a warranty replacement? Do i just need to go into a Verizon store and they will do the replacement right there?
    yup, its pretty easy. i just did it the other day. if they are busy they will put your phone in line for someone to check it and tell you to come back in 45 mins or whatever.

I came back in about 35 mins and they had a brand new one waiting for me.
    08-05-09 09:40 AM
    Also if u don't want todo battery pulls then don't buy a BB. Because all BB suffer from memory problems. Also I can't figure why folks buy there cell phones outside carrier stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't mind doing a battery pull but not for a stupid problem like that. I have had a bunch of different smartphones over the years and the best part about blackberry's is that they always work.

Why because i was there. I only went in to see if they would let me open a account. I didn't think i was going to buy the phone. I was already there no point to leave and buy somewhere else. They afforded me the verizon plan but i took the best buy plan like a *****.

yup, its pretty easy. i just did it the other day. if they are busy they will put your phone in line for someone to check it and tell you to come back in 45 mins or whatever.

I came back in about 35 mins and they had a brand new one waiting for me.
    Yea i went in today and the guy exchanged it for me right then and there. Didnt have to come back. Now i have a nice working storm.
    08-05-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD