Anyone have any information on whether the picture sending issue with BBM 5 will be resolved. I'm talking about having to crop pictures before being able to send them using BBM 5.

I have read thru several posts, where the reasons given for this are that the picture size has to be reduced so as not to overload the system (??) or something like that. But with the earlier version of messenger we were able to send pictures just fine, with no apparent problems.

To date this is the one issue I have with messenger 5.

Any news?
    07-28-09 08:42 AM
    Hit menu and zoom out.

As for the viewing pictures and having to save them, I don;t like that....
    07-28-09 08:44 AM
    yester18, thanks for such a speedy response!

Couple of questions, if you don't mind...

1. does zooming out send the picture with a reduced size? (I believe I have read somewhere of pictures being sent almost as a thumbnail, with a white border);
    2. does this method reduce the file size and thus the resolution?

Unfortunately I have no one available right now to send a picture to. (I guess I really need MORE contacts...lol)

Edit: Yes.... I forgot about the issues with receiving/viewing pictures. Also something I really don't care too much about.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 07-28-09 at 09:02 AM.
    07-28-09 08:57 AM
    yeah, im pretty sure it does reduce the size. even before 5.0 when sending a .jpg via mms vs. bbm, mms has always sent a bigger file with more detail in the image. bbm reduces the size to make it easier on them. i say if u absolutely need to send a pic in full res, email it or send an mms.
    07-28-09 09:13 AM
    Well for some reason to one contact it may ask me to zoom and save and with another contact it will say- do you want to add a description, yes or no and it sends a tiny thumbnail, never allows to zoom or crop. Neither contact has bbm 5. I don't understand why it's different for 2 different people.
    07-28-09 09:16 AM
    when i had my original BBM i was sending pictures just fine and so quickly...now with 5.0 i have to zoom out and crop, when i do that the pictures gets smaller when its sent. Why??

also it will send it as a file transfer sometimes...why??
    08-03-09 01:43 PM
    on mine, i only need to crop when sending to someone that has the old BBM. and when someone sends me a pic file, i have both options to view and save.
    08-03-09 03:41 PM
    i know this is an old thread but i didnt want to start a new thread. is there a way to send and receive pictures without having to save them first? like in the old BBM i would take a picture, select send to messenger contact, and hit send. now i have to take a picture and then it ask me to add a description and then it sends it but also saves the picture.

and when recieving a picture, i didnt have to download the picture with the old BBM but now i have to download the picture. i hate that. me and my contacts send alot of pictures of random things and this new way of sending and recieving pictures suck
    09-15-09 10:18 AM
    on mine, i only need to crop when sending to someone that has the old BBM. and when someone sends me a pic file, i have both options to view and save.
    same here....
    09-15-09 12:42 PM
    downloading/sending pics via BBM5 is so slow and sometimes the pic gets stuck while sending/receiving. i end up just sending/getting pics over MMS since its faster anyways. and i no longer have the view and save options. i now must save it in order to view.
    09-16-09 05:16 AM
    downloading/sending pics via BBM5 is so slow and sometimes the pic gets stuck while sending/receiving. i end up just sending/getting pics over MMS since its faster anyways. and i no longer have the view and save options. i now must save it in order to view.
    the "save in order to view" part is what really really bugs me. the main reason i fell in love with BBM in the first place was because with the old BBM i had on my 8900 i see pictures almost instantaneous and i didnt have to save the picture or even download it.
    09-16-09 12:18 PM
    i need helpwith.this as well...its very annoying..
    09-16-09 09:43 PM
    I've been having the same issue with some of the people I send too. I have a 9700, A friend of mine has the 8900 on 4.7 with bbm 5, and another friend has a 8320 on 4.5 with 5.0 bbm. I usually get a thumbnail with three options, save, preview and cancel. If I try to save I usually get a error that I have too many pictures saved (which I have maybe 10 on a 2gb memory card) when I preview I only see the thumbnail which lets me zoom but the image distorts.
    I had the 8900 on 4.7 and had the same issue with bbm5 with the same people.

All three of us work for T-Mobile Tech support and we uninstalled and reinstalled BBM 5, back down to the older BBM, the older one works fine, back up and issue persists. I talk to customers with the same issue and I'm going crazy
    12-23-09 10:21 AM
    I can't seem to solve this issue. I have deleted, re-installed bbm and still can not seem to be able to send photos. I can receive them all day long through bbm, but can't seem to send. I can send voice, and notes. I have done battery pulls until I want to pull my hair out. This has been an issue with the phone since I got it.
    07-30-11 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD