Does anyone know of a free bulk sms messenger for the computer? I am looking into doing a new program at my volunteer fire company that will send a text message (all carriers ) every time a fire call is dispatched. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-28-09 07:33 AM
    I know you can send txts from vtext.com
    07-28-09 07:40 AM
    I will check with my county disptach center. They use the same thing for our area. All numbers go into a pool and get sent out upon disptach. Little bit of a delay but sometimes they are before the tones drop...

So if you have an assignment that is large it may take a bit for the text to come thru. We have been on scene already and my phone starts going off....

I will see what info I can get for you... I know that they were not able to do one of the providers, not sure which one though....

Send me a pm so I will not forget, with your info and I will see what I can do...
    07-28-09 08:09 AM
    We use a program called Inforad at the hospital I work at for paging. Paging Software for Wireless Messaging to PCS phones, Alphanumeric Pagers, and PDA's We use it primarily for alpha-numeric pagers, however it also does sms and I have used it some for that for paging cell phones, I have not tried large groups, but I know it can be done.
    07-28-09 08:14 AM
    I know you can send txts from vtext.com
    It would be more of a mass texting with a selection by a predefined group. Just as a group of friends that you forward a email to just by clicking friends in your contacts.
    07-28-09 08:15 AM
    I will check with my county disptach center. They use the same thing for our area. All numbers go into a pool and get sent out upon disptach. Little bit of a delay but sometimes they are before the tones drop...

So if you have an assignment that is large it may take a bit for the text to come thru. We have been on scene already and my phone starts going off....

I will see what info I can get for you... I know that they were not able to do one of the providers, not sure which one though....

Send me a pm so I will not forget, with your info and I will see what I can do...

Will do. Thanks.

We use a program called Inforad at the hospital I work at for paging. Paging Software for Wireless Messaging to PCS phones, Alphanumeric Pagers, and PDA's We use it primarily for alpha-numeric pagers, however it also does sms and I have used it some for that for paging cell phones, I have not tried large groups, but I know it can be done.
    I will look into that. Thanks.
    Last edited by MinGry03; 07-28-09 at 08:18 AM.
    07-28-09 08:16 AM
    It would be more of a mass texting with a selection by a predefined group. Just as a group of friends that you forward a email to just by clicking friends in your contacts.
    Yeah I kinda was thinkin like one txt not like a mass txt to multiple people.
    07-28-09 08:18 AM
    Hello there,

I am representing CS Networks, bulk SMS provider. On our web site (CS Networks SMS Gateway) you can register and send bulk SMS from your web browser or you can download Desktop sender for your PC. If you need any kind of question, feel free to ask.

Best regards.
    12-04-12 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD