View Poll Results: Is your unlocked Sprint or Verizon Tour able to place calls with T-Mo or AT&T sim?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

12 22.64%
  • NO

41 77.36%
    I have unlocked my phone by calling Sprint and when I insert my T-Mobile sim card I can text email and surf the web on EDGE but when I try and make a call i get the No Circuit/Channel Available issue. I know some ATT users are having a similar problem.

If your having a problem sound off!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    07-28-09 12:08 AM
    So far I think Tmobile users get the no circuit error and ATT users just get no radio function at all... I have a Tmo sim in my phone now (no problems but no data plan on this SIM) and plan to get an ATT GoPhone one later today.

EDIT: Just picked up my GoPhone card, no problems, voice works perfectly. I even like the on screen message that comes up after your call to tell you how much the call cost (if at all) and how much is left.
    Last edited by gimpyviper; 07-28-09 at 11:25 AM.
    07-28-09 08:36 AM
    just call international desk and request to enable your phone to use your own simcard, I beleive they were unlocking them for international use but this feature must be enabled for you to use your own sim!
    07-28-09 09:14 AM
    Has anybody found a solution for this for T-mobile users?
    07-28-09 01:10 PM
    just got that problem now, everything works fine, texts, data everything except calls.
    07-30-09 08:04 PM
    FYI, the problem seems to be caused by older SIM cards. Someone posted over in blackberryforums.com that the Tour doesn't work with 32kb SIM cards. Some have reported success fixing this problem by going to TMo/ATT and getting a replacement SIM
    07-30-09 08:07 PM
    This is just driving me insane, i hear some people have to call the verizon or sprint intl dept and have them unlock the phones??? not sure what this is but wow im really thinking of just going with ATT and getting a bold.. i really hate all this trouble.
    07-30-09 09:15 PM
    i have tried new sims no luck. Anyone find a solution yet?

Thanks
    08-04-09 04:41 PM
    I'm getting the same issue. I work for T-Mobile and want to use the Tour. Please help.
    10-13-09 01:53 AM
    My Tour works wonders on T-Mo!
    10-13-09 02:50 AM
    My Tour works wonders on T-Mo!
    How is that?? please share it
    11-02-09 10:13 AM
    It's a tower and/or network issue. the phone will work, EXCEPT the single tower you was connected to when you unlocked the phone.

it's an IMEI issue and our phones triggered an IMEI red flag during the unlock. the tower in your area perhaps has locked you out. Drive about 15 blocks away from the place you unlocked your phone and its works.... however when u get back home and the same BS NO CIRCUIT/CHANNEL AVAILABLE will happen...... I guess when anyone decides to unlock their phone do it in an area you'll never go again...... RIM stated they are working on fixing this issue...... BUT dont know when the problem will ever be fixed
    yardloun likes this.
    11-18-09 09:53 PM
    i have the same prob.HELP ME . EMAIL ME IF SOMEONE FINDS THE SOULTION.
    12-04-09 08:59 PM
    It's a tower and/or network issue. the phone will work, EXCEPT the single tower you was connected to when you unlocked the phone.

it's an IMEI issue and our phones triggered an IMEI red flag during the unlock. the tower in your area perhaps has locked you out. Drive about 15 blocks away from the place you unlocked your phone and its works.... however when u get back home and the same BS NO CIRCUIT/CHANNEL AVAILABLE will happen...... I guess when anyone decides to unlock their phone do it in an area you'll never go again...... RIM stated they are working on fixing this issue...... BUT dont know when the problem will ever be fixed

Well I'm having this problem but my phone works perfectly in the area where i unlocked the phone and all points south, but anywhere past 5 miles in a northern direction and my phones has this problem. now i didn't have this problem until i upgraded to OS 5.0 so i was wonderin if anybody thinks its that? and to add i have a storm 9500 on t-mobile
    12-16-09 12:01 AM
    downgrade to 4.7 or a hybrid 5.0 OS.
    This will work guaranteed. Ive done a few downgrades on unlocked Storms and Tours.
    Tried both Im running on the Hybrid one now and nothign and used to use the 4.7 nothing either
    12-17-09 12:00 AM
    I got it to work!! Just downgrade, the upgrade was made to screw everyone!!!
    03-07-10 07:41 PM
    I got it to work!! Just downgrade, the upgrade was made to screw everyone!!!
    To which OS did you downgrade?
    03-08-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD