So I'm not sure if this is exactly the place to post this, but I know that there have been a lot of people who have been having problems with the vertical rainbow lines on the Tour screen from PhantomSkinz, so I thought this might help them.

I recently purchased a set of full body PhantomSkinz for my Tour. I had used Invisible Shields from Zagg in the past and liked the protection they provided, but did not like the tackiness of the problem (especially on my touch-screen Voyager). I read about PS here on Crackberry and decided to give them a try.

I bought them on a Wednesday night and received them Monday morning (shipped from Arizona to New York). I got 2 kits for $16 shipped, much cheaper than the IS.

They were not that difficult to install, however I got a piece of dust stuck under my first screen skin, so I had to remove. I removed it 3 hours after installing it, so the skin was stretched out. Fortunately they give you two kits, so I installed the second screen.

The install left no bubbles or dust underneath the skin, however I did notice vertical rainbow lines on my screen. I followed the instructions and let the screen dry for 24 hours, hoping that they would go away. I emailed PhantomSkinz just in case, asking for advice.

Two days later I received an email back from PS, saying that they had left time for the lines to go away, and asking if they had disappeared yet. Unfortunately, the lines were still there. Upon responding to PS, I received an email back about 5 minutes later, stating that they had received a lot of complaints about this problem and are working with their supplier to see if there was a problem with a shipment.

In the meantime, they offered to send me new screen kits! I didn't even have to ask, or fill out the warranty information or anything! They always responded to me in less than 15 minutes! My skins will go out tomorrow!

I must say it was one of the best experiences I have ever had with a company. So if you're experiencing the rainbow line issue, contact PS and they should replace the skins for you.

Also, if you're looking for the best way to protect your Tour screen (besides an Otterbox), go with PhantomSkinz. They have a great product (I have a flawed one, unfortunately) and they truly stand behind the products they sell.

Thanks for reading and hope this helps
    07-27-09 07:50 PM
    Um, not sure how you can recommend them until they fix the product...I mean, what good are the new screen kits if they have the same issue? I get what you mean about the responsive support - just please follow up when you get the replacement screen kits to let us know if this was a "one-time" issue. I got the phantomskinz kit too and have the rainbow line problem as do many on here.
    07-27-09 08:06 PM
    Yeah, just put mine on and it's got the same issue. I got 2 packs, so I can always give the second one a try too.
    07-27-09 08:08 PM
    yeah id be interested once the problem is fixed.
    07-27-09 08:11 PM
    Um, not sure how you can recommend them until they fix the product...I mean, what good are the new screen kits if they have the same issue? I get what you mean about the responsive support - just please follow up when you get the replacement screen kits to let us know if this was a "one-time" issue. I got the phantomskinz kit too and have the rainbow line problem as do many on here.
    Well a lot of people have also posted that they haven't had any of the rainbow line issue so I'm assuming that the problem will be fixed with the new set of screens. I do see what you're saying though. The point of this was to inform everyone who is having the problem that they can probably get a replacement skin too in the hopes they can get their problem fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 08:16 PM
    I bought phantom skinz a few weeks ago for my tour. NO rainbow! Very happy with ps. I've used IS before and didn't like the tackie and orange peel look.
    07-27-09 09:01 PM
    I think he is saying that P.S. has good customer service, and he is being taken care of..which is great to hear. not to many companys anymore give a ****. just take your money ,and good luck. good to here man !!!
    07-27-09 09:08 PM
    I think he is saying that P.S. has good customer service, and he is being taken care of..which is great to hear. not to many companys anymore give a ****. just take your money ,and good luck. good to here man !!!
    Thats exactly what I'm saying.

I should have my replacement skins in a couple of days and I'll post back. I do admit the post may have been a little premature but I was so excited I wanted to share with everyone else that may have had the problem I did.
    07-27-09 09:48 PM
    I got my Phantom Skinz and luckily it had none of the defects like some of you have been posting about. But its good to hear that if it did have any defects that Phantom Skinz would do the right thing and replace it for me This is some real customer service
    07-30-09 11:17 AM
    Where did you find the PS full body skin for $16? The website says $24.95 for a full body skin... tryin to save some dough
    07-30-09 12:09 PM
    I think it's just an issue with the batch of screen protectors. I had a full-body skin on before I got my OtterBox and I did NOT have any lines or anything. I just let it dry for 24hrs and it was great. I really liked the PhantomSkinz and would have left it if I didn't get an OtterBox.
    07-30-09 12:54 PM
    Where did you find the PS full body skin for $16? The website says $24.95 for a full body skin... tryin to save some dough
    Use the promo code "indepedence33" for 33% off skins through July 31.
    07-30-09 01:53 PM
    12:06 am = July 31... I missed it by 7 minutes.... FML. Looks like ill be waiting for the BSE skin....

Edit: Scratch that I love my life...the website extended the deadline through August 31.
    Last edited by reflex21089; 07-30-09 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Change in offer
    07-30-09 11:08 PM
    I just ordered a full body kit, hopefully everything is okay. Thanks for the post, it's good to know they have great customer service is something goes wrong. Question, is it easy to put these on without making it look bad? I have never done this before, and don't want to screw it up! Thanks.
    07-30-09 11:39 PM
    was walking through the mall and saw a invisible shield kart stand. couldnt resist and got some protection on the phone. the guy installing was fresh out of high school messed up on the first install with screen only. i decided to take it back and get a full body protection. looks good. feels sticky and definately rainbow streaks. hope they go away.
    07-31-09 01:13 AM
    As an update, I received my new set of skinz a few days ago, reinstalled them and the rainbow streaks are gone! Woo PhantomSkinz!
    08-01-09 11:00 PM
    As an update, I received my new set of skinz a few days ago, reinstalled them and the rainbow streaks are gone! Woo PhantomSkinz!
    Thank you to all the CrackBerry members for helping us discover the defects that were visible with some of the skinz we shipped out. Also, thanks to all of you who allowed us to correct the problem by sending out replacements for the defective pieces. We pride ourselves in having the best customer service out there and hope you will choose Phantom Skinz for all of your future purchases.

Guru, for our Customer Service Team
    08-03-09 07:00 PM
    Just received my Phantomskinz! Is there any place that would put it on for me or something? =\ I feel like I would screw it up. My hands aren't too steady, and I'm not the neatest person lol.
    08-03-09 09:53 PM
    Just received my Phantomskinz! Is there any place that would put it on for me or something? =\ I feel like I would screw it up. My hands aren't too steady, and I'm not the neatest person lol.
    willy,

We can arrange the installation of our product at our Design Center. Please email our Customer Service Team for details.

Guru
    08-04-09 09:50 AM
    I put my order in ... and I'm simply waiting for the full body protections. Glad to see PhatomSkinz making it's presence known in CrackBerry!
    08-04-09 01:50 PM
    Phantomskinz has a great product and customer service, to anyone sitting on the fence about ordering just do it. As previously stated they will send replacements if you mess up the installation the first time, without hassling you. Highly recommended.
    08-04-09 02:36 PM
    I just took advantage of the 33% discount on the website! Thanks!

Does anyone have any expert tips on how to install these the correct way??

Will I seriously need to keep the phone off for 24 hrs??? I work and I need this phone on. Lol.

Thanks for your help!!!
    08-04-09 03:18 PM
    tsmyth, don't take my word as the best advice, but I just pulled the battery during the install, dried up afterward, and plugged it right back in, I was off for about 20 minutes. The screen is going to look a little funky till the adhesive dries, but it's not too bad.
    08-05-09 12:22 AM
    Got my invisible guard from gadgetguard.com and it works great. none of that rainbow thing that people are complaining about from PS.
    08-05-09 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD