originally got my storm on Dec. 27th, it ran fine for months. some dust had accumulated under the screen, but that wasnt a big deal. i upgraded to .148 OTA a day or so after it went live. i didnt wipe the phone and use the desktop manager to install however. now, for the last 5-6 weeks my storm has been lagging, unresponsive, frozen and whatever else it is not supposed to do. App memory would boot up in the mid 30's and stay stable down to about 26-28 mb. soft and hard resets have been a regular part of my day, sometimes 2-3-4 times a day. so i contacted verizon, they sent me a total garbage warranty replacement, which wouldnt click and had bright light showing all over the edge of the screen. I call back and they send me a 2nd replacement device which looks to be new, the screen clicks well, but it does have a quite a bit of float to the screen, both side to side and top to bottom. the 2nd replacement looks good, but is there any way i can tighten the screen to minimize the float without compromising the screen click? also, while i still have my original storm, should i tr and wipe it and reinstall the OS and see how that goes, instead of settling for a replacement?
    07-27-09 05:47 PM
    Do what I did. Send those refurbs back and demand a new one. The service rep noted my account and I walked into the Verizon store the next day to pick up a brand spankin new phone (4th replacement.) Worked well ever since.
    07-27-09 05:52 PM
    i did that too. but my bill said 1200. and stayed that way for literally 6 moths. My phone wasy shut off numerous times. I gave them the tracking numbers at least 6 times. all packages signed by b.wilburn or something. I saton the phone with vzw for at least a total of 6 hrs. min a time they called me asking for 500-1200 to pay off bn hour eachill. they said dont worry it will get credited... 6 months go by and i finally was on the phone for like 2 hrs waiting for a tier 3 or 4 manager who went through and turned out 2 phones have already been assigned to new numbers. they said sorry have a nice day.
    07-27-09 06:05 PM
    Dude I am lost.... Full blown English please
    07-27-09 06:17 PM
    $1200? Whoah.

Sorry to hear.
    07-27-09 06:21 PM
    Dude I am lost.... Full blown English please
    what exactly is your hold up?
    07-27-09 06:24 PM
    $1200? Whoah.

Sorry to hear.
    never paid a dime to those filthy bastards in the financial department. I was thinking about it the first time but the first thing they say is, " how would you like to go about satisfying your over due bill, master card or visa?" I said, "neither, cause you owe me."
    07-28-09 07:30 PM
    i did that too. but my bill said 1200. and stayed that way for literally 6 moths. My phone wasy shut off numerous times. I gave them the tracking numbers at least 6 times. all packages signed by b.wilburn or something. I saton the phone with vzw for at least a total of 6 hrs. min a time they called me asking for 500-1200 to pay off bn hour eachill. they said dont worry it will get credited... 6 months go by and i finally was on the phone for like 2 hrs waiting for a tier 3 or 4 manager who went through and turned out 2 phones have already been assigned to new numbers. they said sorry have a nice day.
    Dude I didn't understand your story at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD