Got my rebate back from verizon today...in the form of a debate card. What kind of bull**** is that? If I paid in cash I want a check that I can cash not plastic. Does anyone know if they'll send a check upon request?

Always some gimmick with verizon.
    07-27-09 02:13 PM
    It was pretty clear that you would be getting a debit card on the rebate form.

Who cares? just use it for gas and call it a day. It's still $70.
    07-27-09 02:15 PM
    Pay your Verizon bill with it...
    07-27-09 02:16 PM
    If you want cash go to an atm and make a withdraw then or just buy something and get cash back
    07-27-09 02:17 PM
    There might be directions on how you can "transfer" the money from the debit card into your checking account. My girlfriend was able to do that with her Verizon rebate card that she got last month, but I haven't received mine yet so I haven't been able to see for myself.
    07-27-09 02:19 PM
    there should be instructions to put it right into your checking account. thats what i did when i got the verizon triple play and thats what i plan to do when i get this card as well.
    07-27-09 02:19 PM
    Seriously, quit ******** and moaning about stupid stuff. It's getting harder and harder to sort out this kind of junk from the important stuff.
    07-27-09 02:20 PM
    there should be instructions to put it right into your checking account. thats what i did when i got the verizon triple play and thats what i plan to do when i get this card as well.
    Truth, not that big of deal. These cards are safer than checks and get processed quicker.
    07-27-09 02:22 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but with all the new "accessories" I have (or will) purchased for my Tour, I am happy to get a $70 debit/gift card for my rebate. Plus, that is a pretty fast turnaround, considering the phones hit the streets 15 days ago. My VZW salesperson even suggested applying the card amount towards my monthly bill.
    07-27-09 02:27 PM
    I wonder if I got mine back yet...I've been on vacation for the past few days.
    07-27-09 02:28 PM
    This is the type of person that can not be satisfied no matter what. Guy gets a check in much faster than Verizon tells him he'll get it, and he complains about HOW he got it
    07-27-09 02:38 PM
    ha yeah i tried to make it very clear at verizon store that i didnt want my rebate in the form of a debit card. ESPECIALLy not one i can only spend at verizon. but i guess thats just the way it goes.
    07-27-09 02:41 PM
    ha yeah i tried to make it very clear at verizon store that i didnt want my rebate in the form of a debit card. ESPECIALLy not one i can only spend at verizon. but i guess thats just the way it goes.
    Not sure if you were kidding or not, but the card is not just for use at Verizon stores or for their products. I believe all my previous rebate/referral cards had the Visa logo on it and could be used "anywhere Visa is accepted".
    07-27-09 03:04 PM
    Not sure if you were kidding or not, but the card is not just for use at Verizon stores or for their products. I believe all my previous rebate/referral cards had the Visa logo on it and could be used "anywhere Visa is accepted".
    Seriously, reading is fundamental. I have one in my wallet right now - LuckyDad is spot on. It has a VISA logo on it, it can be used anywhere accepted by visa, which is, oh I don't know, a squajillion places...

Mods, please close this ridiculous thread.
    07-27-09 03:08 PM
    Truth again. Accepted everywhere Visa is excepted, you just have to tell them the exact amount you want charged. For example, if you go to dinner and you bill is $79.04, you need to tell them to charge the rebate card $70 and put the rest on some other form of payment.
    07-27-09 03:09 PM
    Got my rebate back from verizon today...in the form of a debate card. What kind of bull**** is that? If I paid in cash I want a check that I can cash not plastic. Does anyone know if they'll send a check upon request?

Always some gimmick with verizon.
    Not sure what a "debate" card is, BUT you can take the debit card to your bank and they will deposit $70 into your account....just like a check.
    07-27-09 03:25 PM
    Not sure what a "debate" card is, BUT you can take the debit card to your bank and they will deposit $70 into your account....just like a check.
    I just mailed my rebate in the other day. Man, I hope I don't get that debate card...I never was that great at speaking

Or is that a merged debit/rebate card, i.e. debate card.
    07-27-09 04:09 PM
    yeah rebate card is gay, oh well
    07-27-09 04:17 PM
    Pay your bill with it, hey look there is $70 in your pocket, unless mommy and daddy still pay for you and they may not want to do that... humm...
    07-27-09 04:26 PM
    Yeah, I am just using mine for my bill, but I applied the cost of my phone to my account. The bill had cut the day before, so in September I will have a YIKES bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 05:45 PM
    couldnt you find something better to complain about? I mean really...come on now.
    07-27-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD