I have learned...Theme Builder is NOT complicated...Composer is!
    I have learned...The only thing holding me back from a perfected theme...is not Theme Builder...but Composer.
    I have learned...Theme Builder doesnt take the blame when a theme doesnt turn out right...i blame Composer.
    I have learned...Theme Builder doesnt p@#s people off...Composer does.
    I have learned...everything revolves around Composer.

anyone care to join?
    07-27-09 01:53 PM
    lol that is true, AHazdesigns.com is almost up and running just starting to make new tutorials that will be posted on there exclusively, they will all be removed from youtube shortly
    07-27-09 03:39 PM
    Theme builder and Composer are not integrated together enough. That is the biggest limitation (other than bugs of course) that I hit when working with themes. The two need to work hand in hand more, rather than independently.

Loose coupling is good in some places, but not in this case.
    07-27-09 03:42 PM
    you are so right and composer doesnt even have a cropping or a cut tool. which sucks!
    07-27-09 03:46 PM
    Another HUGE annoyance for me is the lack of pixel-by-pixel location/placement/sizing support within Theme Builder. In Composer, I am able to mathematically size everything to be proportional, fit right, etc. I can then place it EXACTLY where I want it to be, and I am able to use NUMBERS to make sure things are lined up correctly.

In Theme Builder, I have to eyeball everything to get it to be my desired size/location.

WTF RIM, why did you drop the ball in Theme Builder so badly? Isn't that *supposed* to be the true visual part of a theme (and Composer is meant to be the stuff under the hood)?
    07-27-09 03:50 PM
    create a lined image in photoshop and then use it as a background to line things up against the lines...works better than plain "eyeballing"
    07-27-09 04:30 PM
    There's two kinds of software - that what we got and that what we wish we had ! Face it - if Plazmic and its components were that easy to use, you would be doing something else !

Doctor Neutron
    07-27-09 05:52 PM
    I agree, but i love composer. I think it is separated because if you want to make a quick theme you can open up theme builder with almost no knowledge of anything and make a theme. If you want a cool theme with bells and whistles, you must learn composer. I pretty much know what i am doing with composer, but i know there is much more to learn about it.
    07-28-09 12:13 PM
    id go with photoshop before composer lol. but you do have to use composer alot especially with .svg files. which isnt really tht complicated obviously alot of people are having problems with .svgs. i caught on pretty quick.
    07-29-09 02:45 PM
    For plain image editing, I use the Gimp (GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program or GIMP - for Windows)

It's a nice freeware alternative to photoshop.

For SVG, though, I think I'm stuck with composer.
    07-30-09 02:14 PM
    I can't make heads or tails of composer, and I am not an *****. Well, at least I'm the kind of ***** that is usually able to figure out any software without reading the help files. I just caved and made me a nice theme without hidden today docks, (but with nice custom icons and wallpaper)so I could avoid composer entirely.

If there were some nice CLEAR way to get on composer and do what I wanted to do, I would really like some hidden docks....
    08-03-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD