Seriously... the thing errors out playing my old videos I've played with each and every other old version. WTF? Not only that, but sometimes it even causes the browser to get locked in landscape mode if you play YouTube videos.
    07-26-09 08:25 PM
    That's why its considered a beta. Also why its still in development. What happened was media player in previous version was pretty decent. Tried to fix a few things and ended up causing more problems. Luckily there's month before the roll out.
    07-26-09 08:28 PM
    Cx, you think storm will ever have option to just touch and not have to click?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 08:39 PM
    I am so confused. I have NO issues with my video player. I can play all my media... is there something I am missing?
    07-26-09 08:44 PM
    That's why its considered a beta. Also why its still in development. What happened was media player in previous version was pretty decent. Tried to fix a few things and ended up causing more problems. Luckily there's month before the roll out.
    A month huh?

07-26-09 08:48 PM
    Cx, you think storm will ever have option to just touch and not have to click?

UGH!
    jesus christ can there be 1 thread where someone doesnt post stupid $hit that has nothing to do with the topic!
    JUST ONE!!!!
    07-26-09 08:48 PM
    oh now im all giddy haha! probably why we just got a leak, probably starting to hit IRL testing
    07-26-09 08:49 PM
    Seriously... the thing errors out playing my old videos I've played with each and every other old version. WTF? Not only that, but sometimes it even causes the browser to get locked in landscape mode if you play YouTube videos.
    Civic,

I think that this build is just really goofy. I know that goofy is not a very technical term, but thats the best I could come up with.

I havent had a single media player error, but I can not use any sort of softreset. No quicklaunch, no softreset, no quickpull nothing. Some have said that they can use the reset through quicklaunch. For me its a no go. Now BBM will not open. tried a battery pull an have got nothing. Thats getting frustrating. Making me rethink my stance on keeping it in fact.

Everyone seems to be getting different bugs with this build.
    07-26-09 08:50 PM
    UGH!
    jesus christ can there be 1 thread where someone doesnt post stupid $hit that has nothing to do with the topic!
    JUST ONE!!!!
    You are imagining a perfect world without idoits (spelled wrong intentionally before i get laughed at)
    07-26-09 08:50 PM
    This can only be explained by either hardware differences or 3rd party application differences. Wonder which it is.

07-26-09 08:52 PM
    UGH!
    JUST ONE!!!!
    Lol take it easy Internet hero. Get a life

07-26-09 08:54 PM
    oh now im all giddy haha! probably why we just got a leak, probably starting to hit IRL testing
    No way this thing made it that far.

07-26-09 08:54 PM
    A month huh?

lol, damn that "s" he missed at the end makes all the difference in the world
    07-26-09 08:57 PM
    glad i decided to watch the os 5 leak from afar. a goofy media player would be a pia. especially after how .151 has been very good from the media aspect (and in general), even fixed the media problem in .148 where music would intermittently mute when going to the next track.

beggars can't be choosers, but i'd much rather have seen a 4.7.0.2xx leak than an early 5 leak. seeing as that is rumored to be the pinnacle of the 4.7 platform on the storm.
    07-26-09 09:52 PM
    This can only be explained by either hardware differences or 3rd party application differences. Wonder which it is.

Well, it's not 3rd party differences in my case. That got ruled out regardless of how far a reach it was. (yeah, my videos don't play the first time sometimes and my streaming playlists don't all work because I have Weatherbug) Not.

Oh and when Latest known 5.x release is .157, I wouldn't call .140 an "early" build.

07-26-09 10:57 PM
    Well, it's not 3rd party differences in my case. That got ruled out regardless of how far a reach it was. (yeah, my videos don't play the first time sometimes and my streaming playlists don't all work because I have Weatherbug) Not.

Oh and when Latest known 5.x release is .157, I wouldn't call .140 an "early" build.

just because .157 was reported around here doesn't make it the newest one though.

They could be up near .2xx by now who knows?
    07-26-09 11:04 PM
    Right 5.0.0.2xx and everything that high got rolled into 5.1.0.xx because development stopped on 5.0.

More cherry or grape koolaid?

07-26-09 11:09 PM
    Right 5.0.0.2xx and everything that high got rolled into 5.1.0.xx because development stopped on 5.0.

More cherry or grape koolaid?

I prefer cherry if its sugar free. Grape if its not.

You honestly don't believe that they are much further than .140 right now?
    .157 is it?

For once I hope yer wrong, because if you are right then 5.0 is more than a few months away.

I like the added features but .140 is kinda reminding me of the early 4.7 storm builds as far as the buggyness goes, speedwise its pretty fast.
    07-26-09 11:15 PM
    .159 according to BBZ data.....but alot can happen in 20 builds
    07-26-09 11:17 PM
    .159 according to BBZ data.....but alot can happen in 20 builds
    ya got that right, look at any build for 4.7 in the .8x range an then look at

like night an day.
    07-26-09 11:20 PM
    They probably are, but not in the .22x range. If that's the case, that's a lot of quick compiles with mistakes most likely. what was the compile build on the .140 files? I didn't check prior to uninstalling.

07-26-09 11:21 PM
    lol, damn that "s" he missed at the end makes all the difference in the world
    LOL @ mark and howarmat, yeah I forgot the s on month. Sorry about that. Its months before its release. Sorry all.

07-27-09 09:24 AM
    If 5.0 is bringing big changes in how things are handled, then yes .140 could be fairly early. Take a look at the beta OS forums for the 5.0.0.130 that just leaked for the 8900, it is horrible as well. They'll get it, its just when big changes are made sometimes it can take alot of builds to get everything correct, especially when you are trying to get all the hardware running similar software. Give it time.

Also I'm sure they didn't stop on 5.0, as 5.1 only seems to be for Storm 2.
    07-27-09 09:31 AM
    I think a big part of the problem is how one minuscule change can entirely change the OS on these phones. Think .148 vs .151 memory management. 3 builds can change everything. That said, 5.x breaking app compatibility is dumb, especially given the limited number of apps in the first place. Doesn't seem like you should need compatibility mode on a BS phone OS...

07-27-09 09:45 AM
    .140 could be considered old for where 5.0 will end up before it is released in the fall.

But certainly is not old at this point. A lot more work to do on 5.0 that's all I know. I would love to see a late 4.7 leak (have been saying that I would prefer that over a 5.0 build since 4.7 stopped) SOOO much more.

Interested to see how .164 fares with the 9500 people. So far it seems to be mixed reactions.

Oh, by the way, the media issues are why I never installed 5.0 to begin with. I heard too many people with too many problems to give myself the headache.
    07-27-09 10:03 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD