As in my below post, Im switching from ATT to Sprint cause of price for several phones with data..

that being said..how do you guys feel the coverage is with Sprint? Looking at the coverage charts side by side with ATT, Sprint is showing less...Verizon showing the most.

Im satisfied with ATT here in Chattanooga, but when I switch to Sprint...will I be losing a lot? What do you guys experience?

Thanks,

David
    07-26-09 06:22 PM
    Bandityo:

I had Sprint for 2 years, now Nextel. I have traveled through Chattanooga with no problems. IMO, Sprint had excellent coverage. Nextel does too in my area (Detroit metro). I had AT&T and they had the worst coverage of the three. That being said, the coverage for every carrier varies depending upon location. Sprint will offer you 30 days to try out the BB you select. That is more than enough time to determine if the coverage will work for you. If it does, you will save a lot of money over AT&T while getting the coverage you need. Good luck!

chesterhound
    07-26-09 06:32 PM
    Also you have free roaming through sprint. You roam off of all cdma carriers towers for free
    07-26-09 06:38 PM
    Sprint has awesome coverage in my area. When I travel I have never had any issues either. Plus being able to mooch off of VZW towers pretty much eliminates any issues in 95% of the areas you will visit. If nothing else you have 30 days to try it out yourself.
    07-26-09 09:18 PM
    I just switched from verizon to sprint and i cant complain. Its like having the network without paying for it. I am saving 120 a month for 2 phones by switching to sprint
    07-26-09 10:50 PM
    I had Sprint (well Nextel at the time). It was great in TX. I thought it was so-so in CO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 10:52 PM
    I think you will be very pleased with Sprint's coverage. I've passed through Chatt many times with no coverage issues and besides, like it was already mentioned, you get free roaming on Verizon & any other CDMA carrier. Also, in the latest tech reports Sprint's service has been rated more reliable than ATT in many areas. Win win for you!
    07-27-09 12:03 AM
    I've never had any issues with Sprint. I've have them for over 10 years and travel a lot and have never had a coverage problem. I go through TN often and all has been grat so far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 01:24 PM
    People are sooooo insecure about coverage.....All i know is Sprint covers the places that I travel excellent for the most part....

I couldn't careless about coverage in NE, ND, AR......I dont travel there, and if I did and Sprint didnt have coverage it will roam for free on another CDMA, so I'm good....

Sprint covers where the people are at.....If you live somewhere these's no more then 200 people in the town, then no i wouldnt suspect Sprint to have native coverage in those locations.
    07-27-09 01:58 PM
    DO NOT BELIEVE VERIZON COVERAGE MAPS...
    As i have posted many times in the sprint forums you have to read the disclaimer on Verizon's maps to understand what the map really means...

These Coverage Locator maps are not a guarantee of coverage and may contain areas with no service. These maps reflect a depiction of predicted and approximate wireless coverage of the Verizon Wireless Network and the network of other carriers. The coverage areas shown do not guarantee service availability, and may include locations with limited or no coverage. Even within a coverage area, there are many factors, including a customer's equipment, terrain, and proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather that may impact service. An all-digital device will not operate or be able to make 911 calls when digital service is not available. Some of the coverage area includes networks run by other carriers; some of the coverage depicted is based on their information and public sources and we cannot ensure its accuracy.
    Atleast sprints coverage map doesn't decieve and pretend like all the coverage areas are their own network... They tell you where you can expect to see roam but still have coverage...
    Last edited by numus; 07-27-09 at 02:57 PM.
    07-27-09 02:51 PM
    How bout this. Get the phone and see how the coverage is. You have 30days to try it I believe. If it's not good then go try verizon
    07-27-09 05:31 PM
    I have sprint, I have had them for 3 years now, and I have had verizon, TMO, ATT and cricket off and on.
    I have 2 lines on my account, the other for my wife, and we have definitely have to say that Sprint is by far the best here in Denver. I work in downtown Denver and live North near broomfield. I can not say I have had any issues with coverage, Even going to the Mountains.

I know each location is different, but for here in Colorado is has worked great!
    Last edited by SylarDX; 02-17-14 at 06:10 PM.
    07-27-09 07:33 PM
    I had Sprint and switched to AT&T for coverage issues but not so sure it is worth the extra money. AT&T up charges you to death. Almost $50 more per month. I could break the contract and come out ahead in less than a year. If i could only get my wife away from the iPhone. She is hooked.
    07-29-09 12:19 AM
    I had Sprint and loved them, but I got a new job with a company that has a major AT&T account and they gave me a Curve for free(actually they are just paying the bill)
    07-29-09 12:41 AM
    I live in California, have taken my phone as close as Vegas and as far as Taiwan. Coverage has always been good. Rarely a dropped call. I have 6 lines on my account, with 2 blackberries, 2 multimedia and 2 basic phones with 5 of the lines sharing 3000 minutes and 1 other line with it's own separate 200 minutes. Nights and weekends starting at 7pm, blah blah blah... all for about $249 a month. My boss on Verizon has 1 blackberry, 1 multimedia and 2 basic phones with 2500 shared minutes and he's paying over $300. For multi-line accounts I believe Sprint is definitely the cheapest way to go. BTW: just added another 2 lines to the account, and switched the basic 200 minute plan to another family shared plan and my bill's only going to go up by an extra $100. Definitely a better deal. 8 phones for $350? Amazing right?
    07-29-09 07:00 AM
    I had Sprint and switched to AT&T for coverage issues but not so sure it is worth the extra money. AT&T up charges you to death. Almost $50 more per month. I could break the contract and come out ahead in less than a year. If i could only get my wife away from the iPhone. She is hooked.
    get the iphone unlocked and then bring it back to sprint! :-)
    07-29-09 07:01 AM
    Just An Example Of How Awesome The Coverage Is, I Travel From San Antonio Tx To San Diego Ca, About Three Times Year By Car, I Drive Through Some Pretty Narly Mountains And Never Loose Signal, I Was Deep In A Ravine Witha Blown Tire And Was Able To Call Aaa, No Cell Phone Tower In Sight.
    07-29-09 12:01 PM
    Just An Example Of How Awesome The Coverage Is, I Travel From San Antonio Tx To San Diego Ca, About Three Times Year By Car, I Drive Through Some Pretty Narly Mountains And Never Loose Signal, I Was Deep In A Ravine Witha Blown Tire And Was Able To Call Aaa, No Cell Phone Tower In Sight.
    Why Are You Capatilizing The First Letter Of Each Word.... **** It Takes A Lot Of Effort To Do This!
    07-29-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD