Does anyone know if sprint will get a bb with touch and qwerty keyboard by this time next year? According to rumors att is getting one sometime but will we see one? I'm asking because I was thinking about getting the tour in Feb. When my upgrade comes around. I have a second line as well and wanted a touch device but not full touch and I don't want the instinct or an HTC device cause I'm hooked on bb devices. So, if we did happen to get one by this time next year I could hold up on upgrading my second line until then and just get the tour on my main line. Well if anyone knows if we will or not please let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 04:05 PM
    Its possible but I doubt it. Sprint will be getting an wifi enabled Tour around the February time frame. I would hope that we have a new model in the summer but with Sprints track record with them I have my doubts.
    07-26-09 04:20 PM
    True! I sure hope so though. Well, thank you for your reply.

07-26-09 05:50 PM
    i cant for the life of me remeber where i heard this, but bb is going to put the storm or some version of it on sprints service. i can only hope.
    07-27-09 09:10 AM
    I would like to see a touch screen w/ qwerty keyboard BB on Sprint, I'm not a fan of the full touch screen.
    07-27-09 09:54 AM
    Not for Sprint. The rumors are that the Driftwood and Magnum are the same phone. Both are supposedly GSM only. I don't buy into this rumor stuff but here is at least one good source:
    RIM’s upcoming devices: Onyx, Driftwood, Magnum : Boy Genius Report
    Either way it looks like Sprint will not be seeing the device(s) when(if) they drop. Sprint just got a new BB device. I wouldn't count on another anytime soon anyway.
    07-27-09 10:08 AM
    Well, don't they put out a new bb yearly? I figure they should make a CDMA variant of maybe the magnum or whichever device is suppose to have both of both worlds. But I guess maybe at this point its just wishful thinking.

07-27-09 11:36 AM
    Not necessarily. They never came out with a CDMA Bold or 8900 equivalent unless you count the Tour but it's a different market for both. There's supposedly an 8530 in the works with trackpad for Sprint but phonearena is hit and miss. May never happen.
    07-27-09 07:08 PM
    Oh well, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Thank you guys for your post. If anyone else wants to add something, please feel free.

07-27-09 07:24 PM
    Well, there is no doubt that a touchscreen/qwerty keyboard is a definable requirement for the market place... if BB had launched something like the Pre we would all have been all over it..(assuming at least a curve sized keyboard)..
    If a GSM version comes out on att per rumor then expect the CDMA version 6-9mo later..
    07-28-09 08:07 AM
    I thought it would be cdma version of onyx. If it is a variant of the 8350, would it have 3g?
    07-28-09 08:53 AM
    The 8350(i) is the iDen Nextel Curve... Are you talking about the 8520 Curve with trackpad? That's got a completely different set of specs. Who knows, maybe Sprint will pick up a CDMA variant of the 8520 (maybe call it 8530) Curve with trackpad. It looks to be a cheaper priced device and consumers love those. We have 3G capability already on Sprint.
    Tour specs (with 3G capability):
    BlackBerry - Tour 9630 Specs �€“ Blackberry Tour Specifications
    Right now Sprint is working on rolling out their "4G" plan :-O Currently from what my simply everything brochure said, it's only available in the Baltimore area with "More coverage locations coming soon!". That being said, none of the good rumor sources mention anything but GSM. Namely at&t and T-Mobile. Phonearena.com, where I got the forementioned 8530 rumor will put just about anything they catch wind of on thier site. When it doesn't pan out they save face by simply stating that it's been cancelled by the OEM.
    Last edited by bigwill5150; 07-28-09 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Linking source
    07-28-09 06:40 PM
    Well, there is no doubt that a touchscreen/qwerty keyboard is a definable requirement for the market place... if BB had launched something like the Pre we would all have been all over it..(assuming at least a curve sized keyboard)..
    If a GSM version comes out on att per rumor then expect the CDMA version 6-9mo later..
    I am liking that idea. A Tourish sized device but with a slide out keyboard sounds like a good idea to me.
    07-28-09 08:12 PM
    I cant stand slider phones for some reason, but the idea of a touchscreen with a physical keyboard is pure sex
    07-28-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD