I don't get many voicemails at all, but I've never used vvm. Is it worth the subscription fee?
    07-26-09 01:47 PM
    I hate voicemail so VVM is awesome for me because I can filter through the ****ty ones.
    07-26-09 01:51 PM
    I don't get many voicemails at all, but I've never used vvm. Is it worth the subscription fee?
    I love it and I dont get a huge amount of voicemails either.
    07-26-09 01:51 PM
    YouMail is a free app that will do almost the same thing. You can get Voicemail notifications in text messages, emails or both. I like it because I can listen to my messages on my computer from my email account. I haven't called my voicemail number in a long time. Oh, and did I mention it's FREE.
    07-26-09 01:58 PM
    I suppose for some, for me, not at all. Why would I pay for something like that when I can just take the time to dial my VM manually... To each his own.
    07-26-09 01:58 PM
    YouMail is a free app that will do almost the same thing. You can get Voicemail notifications in text messages, emails or both. I like it because I can listen to my messages on my computer from my email account. I haven't called my voicemail number in a long time. Oh, and did I mention it's FREE.
    i use YouMail too, it works like a charm. it only takes a few minutes to setup on the phone and online.
    07-26-09 02:04 PM
    I suppose for some, for me, not at all. Why would I pay for something like that when I can just take the time to dial my VM manually... To each his own.
    Ya i agree.. I have VVM right now and i really do not get a lot of voice mails as it is, and if i do it really isn't a big deal for me to call my VM and type in 4 number password. I will most likely be canceling it. I would rather keep the 3 bucks then give it to verizon.
    07-26-09 02:06 PM
    Dudes you do know you can manually set your 4 pin number into the phone and as it dials the voicemail number = I push the w keypad letter on my bold and it automatically dials VM anyways .. so i manually added my 4 pin number and it puts it in right after it connects to VM.... so easy and fast.

Try this on the tour for me... hit w and it sould i hope dial VM for you, also you can setup the 4 pin number so you don't have to type it it everytime.
    07-26-09 02:13 PM
    I had tried VVM but it left the voicemail icon on my screen causing me to have to wipe and reload my phone just to get rid of it. I'm not a fan of it, though I did like how it would dial, download, and then you can just delete but I guess it could just be the lazy man's way of doing things. You can always delete a message before fully hearing it so what's the big deal?
    07-26-09 02:13 PM
    I can delete certain family members' long, rambling, nonsensical messages without having to listen to them. That alone is worth $3 to me.
    07-26-09 02:15 PM
    Dudes you do know you can manually set your 4 pin number into the phone and as it dials the voicemail number = I push the w keypad letter on my bold and it automatically dials VM anyways .. so i manually added my 4 pin number and it puts it in right after it connects to VM.... so easy and fast.

Try this on the tour for me... hit w and it sould i hope dial VM for you, also you can setup the 4 pin number so you don't have to type it it everytime.
    I hold down 1 and it'll dial my VM. How do i set my 4 number password so i don't have to type it every time though?
    07-26-09 02:19 PM
    I had tried VVM but it left the voicemail icon on my screen causing me to have to wipe and reload my phone just to get rid of it. I'm not a fan of it, though I did like how it would dial, download, and then you can just delete but I guess it could just be the lazy man's way of doing things. You can always delete a message before fully hearing it so what's the big deal?
    Yep i agree .. lazy people.... use VVM.

And yep ... when you dial into VM like i suggested and i use above in my earlier post ..... all you have to do is hit the number 3 if your not wanting to hear the entire message and then hit 7 to delete it or 9 to save it.

So for $3.00 per month = $36.00 per year .. plus tax .. i rather spend that on smrtguard or on some other useful app.
    07-26-09 02:19 PM
    I hold down 1 and it'll dial my VM. How do i set my 4 number password so i don't have to type it every time though?
    Push the Green Telephone Key = the call log list.

Then once there push the blackberry key right next to it.

Then scroll to Options.

Then Voicemail .... and enter your 4 pin password for VM.
    07-26-09 02:23 PM

Then scroll to Options.

great man thanks. Canceling vvm tomorrow!
    07-26-09 02:29 PM
    I have "V" set to speed dial my voicemail from my homescreen.
    In addition to dialing *86, it then Pauses, enters my password then "#," and then pauses again, then dials "1"

....This way all I do is press "V" from my homescreen and it gets me to my first message quickly.

Although vvm seems cool, not sure it would be worth the money for me :\
    07-26-09 02:49 PM
    Yeah I would try YouMail before paying for VVM. YouMail can pick and choose which messages and all of that.
    07-26-09 02:52 PM
    I can delete certain family members' long, rambling, nonsensical messages without having to listen to them. That alone is worth $3 to me.
    This.

I am a paranoid system administrator. I do not trust "free" services to access my voicemail for me.

VVM is very much so worth the 3 bucks a month.
    07-26-09 03:20 PM

Then scroll to Options.

sweet. i had no idea that was an option. no vvm for me
    07-26-09 03:50 PM
    Nope, Youmail does the job for free. Save it to buy some cool apps.
    07-26-09 04:16 PM
    I like it because you can.. delete voicemails in any order...

and you can also save voicemails if need be..
    07-26-09 04:24 PM
    Any downside to using Youmail? Do callers know you are using it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 04:28 PM
    I wish Sprint would come out with some VVM love!
    Hopefully when they hop on the bandwagon it will be included in our "everything" price
    07-26-09 04:32 PM
    Youmail works great. I have it on my storm (work phone), my tour (sprint) there is a $0.20/min call forwarding charge from sprint to use this kinds of programs. It works great for me, because I work in Brooklyn and live in NJ. There are certain subway stops that have a signal, so when I get the email with the attachment, I just set it to download, by the next time I am in another station with signal, I have the voice mail playing. There isn't enough time for me to call the carrier voicemail at the stations...

Wish Sprint would help us out.
    07-26-09 05:34 PM
    Youmail is great. The standard greeting does mention youmail I think, but you can change it to whatever you want, as well as setup several personalized greetings for particular callers. I love it.
    Only downside as I see it, is your carrier voicemail account stays active so on the very very rare instance that someone forwards you a voice internally through the Verizon system vs. calling your phone, it wont show up in your YouMail inbox. Only happened to me once in the year Ive been using youmail. To get into your carrier inbox you have to disable the voicemail forwarding using *73.
    07-26-09 05:37 PM
    Nobody ever mentions the other features of vvm that make me like it although I don't get a ton of voicemail.
    So far, the main argument seems to be that it's not worth it because it's not that hard to dial in to voicemail.
    The reasons I like it:
    1) You can delete messages without even calling in and hearing the person's voice if you don't want to. With standard voicemail you have to wait for the message to play if you want to delete it.
    2) If you miss part of the message you can scroll the ball back and have it replay instantly. Very convenient! If the message is really long you can scroll to the end of the message to see if they get to the point.
    3) Convenient options to add person who left message to your address book, reply to message via SMS or leave a message directly to the person's voicemail box (i.e. it's not calling them, puts your message directly to their voicemail box)
    4) Options to forward a message directly to another Verizon mailbox and record an introduction to play before the message commences.
    5) Option to archive the message. You can save the message to your phone and then email it if you wish. Very convenient for important/sentimental voicemails.

That's why I like VVM. I can see how it is not for everyone, but I really like the features that it offers.
    07-26-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD