Just trying to help out a person who has lost their possible prize possesion..lol. I found a Bold yesterday afternoon in Newark, NJ at Tony's hot dog stand. If this Bold belong to u please reply to me with the PIN # and or the type of case it was in and I'll be more than glad to mail it to u.
    The device is password protected so I am unable to see the phone book. Ill periodically be checking back on this thread to see if the owner comes by. Hopefully this lost Bold story can have a happy ending

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 01:37 PM
    That's really nice of you!

07-26-09 01:45 PM
    If the phone is with a certain Carrier, call the carrier up and tell em about this find you found and ask them to search the PIN and/or serial number out and to see whom it belongs too and to have the owner call you.

Also they may smrtguard and be tracking you now...
    07-26-09 01:49 PM
    Calling At&t now.....thanx for the suggestion.

07-26-09 02:01 PM
    that was really nice, if most people found a bold they would keep it o_O
    07-26-09 02:08 PM
    Ya nice to see the world isn't full of scumbags. Good work

07-26-09 02:11 PM
    Just trying to help out a person who has lost their possible prize possesion..lol. I found a Bold yesterday afternoon in Newark, NJ at Tony's hot dog stand. If this Bold belong to u please reply to me with the PIN # and or the type of case it was in and I'll be more than glad to mail it to u.
    The device is password protected so I am unable to see the phone book. Ill periodically be checking back on this thread to see if the owner comes by. Hopefully this lost Bold story can have a happy ending

WOW! Another nice person. That's really cool!
    07-26-09 02:11 PM
    AT&T is closed on Sundays.
    07-26-09 02:14 PM
    that was really nice, if most people found a bold they would keep it o_O
    It would be stupid to keep anyones phone as all they have to do is call the carrier or RIM and have the pin number blocked from being used on any carrier.
    07-26-09 02:16 PM
    Nyce-Daytona, I am just bumping this to keep it at the top. Good to see there are still honest people in our morally deteriorating society.
    shorrar
    07-26-09 02:24 PM
    It would be stupid to keep anyones phone as all they have to do is call the carrier or RIM and have the pin number blocked from being used on any carrier.
    Yes but he could have just as easily wiped it, and sell it on Craigslist. Or keep it for parts.

07-26-09 02:29 PM
    this is great
    07-26-09 02:37 PM
    After hours Care 1-866-801-3600
    07-26-09 02:39 PM
    nope, they don't blacklist pin/imei's. the phone can easily be wiped and resold and used just fine. good thing this dude isnt like that
    07-26-09 02:39 PM
    nope, they don't blacklist pin/imei's. the phone can easily be wiped and resold and used just fine. good thing this dude isnt like that
    I bought two used phones from rogers 7 years ago and one of them was IEMI blocked/locked by the carrier.
    07-26-09 02:43 PM
    They can if reported stolen/lost. Just has to be requested.
    07-26-09 02:53 PM
    That's really good of you dude! There are not many people in the world like you at all! Really hope you find the owner Good luck!
    07-26-09 03:07 PM
    By the way if the phone is password protected, you can't simply wipe it as you need the password to do so.

Unless you have found a way to break RIM's 2048 bit encryption code which some of the top hackers in the world have not ever done yet ... let me know.
    07-26-09 03:11 PM
    By the way if the phone is password protected, you can't simply wipe it as you need the password to do so.

Unless you have found a way to break RIM's 2048 bit encryption code which some of the top hackers in the world have not ever done yet ... let me know.
    even a 4 year old would be able to wipe a password protected phone. just slam on the keyboard a few times and get the password wrong 10 times
    07-26-09 03:18 PM
    even a 4 year old would be able to wipe a password protected phone. just slam on the keyboard a few times and get the password wrong 10 times
    Ah yes .. i forgot about that.

I have mine set to 3 times = you fail 3 times = you must wipe.... lol
    07-26-09 03:28 PM
    Thanx for the positive remarks guys and special thanx to letmefindout809 for the at&t after hours number. I called and spoke to a rep who took down my info to have the owner be able to reach me. They were able to link the PIN to the account holder. So I'm just patiently waiting for a call now from the owner.

07-26-09 03:44 PM
    Awesome! There still is a little hope in this world

07-26-09 03:48 PM
    Very cool, great job dude! I just hope that if my Bold ever gets lost someone like you will find it!
    07-26-09 03:54 PM
    Very cool
    You got my respect !
    07-26-09 03:54 PM
    Damn that was wicked nice of you. I can imagine if you didn't grab that it would have been gone in about 5 minutes sitting in Newark. Very nice work.
    07-26-09 04:00 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD