Ever since I upgraded to the newer version of Berry Weather, when my radar loads, it doesn't work correctly. The map shows, but no motion or precipitation. And this happens erratically. Anyone else having these problems or have a solution?

Never had this problem with the previous version.
    07-26-09 12:50 PM
    I've been having this problem recently too... hasn't worked all week..
    07-26-09 12:52 PM
    Is it your current/GPS location not working or your static locations?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 09:14 PM
    I've been having the same problem. I resinstalled the old version, but the problem is still there. Could it be a server somewhere causing this problem?
    07-26-09 10:53 PM
    I just loaded my map, and its workin just fine for me. I can watch all these thunderstorms moving through. Apparently July is the new rainy season..
    07-26-09 11:23 PM
    Motion has never worked for me. Could I have a setting wrong on my phone? Help appreciated
    07-27-09 10:48 AM
    I had to delete and reinstall berryweather to get it working.
    07-27-09 11:15 AM
    It could be the server or it could be the provider.

If it is your current/GPS location try this URL for a weatherunderground radar instead of the stock radar. These typically load quicker and have better detail anyway.

To put this radar URL in place of the stock radar go to your current/GPS location and load the radar. Once radar has loaded puch menu button and select Set Custom Radar Map. Copy and paste the URL into that box and hit OK and you will have a cutom radar.

Here is the URL: http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_composite?centerlat=$lat$&centerlon=$lon$&r adius=100&type=N0R&frame=0&num=$frames$&delay=15&w idth=$width$&height=$height$&newmaps=1&r=124439328 2
    07-27-09 01:48 PM
    I'm having the same issue this week since the upgrade. Battery pull did not resolve the issue. I get just a black/grey screen after the map loads.
    09-05-10 11:11 AM
    Same issue here, but no upgrade. Suspect it's out in their system, not in the programs.
    09-05-10 12:43 PM
    Belay that last one, I just tried deleting the home location and re-entering it and by doing so reacquired the built in radar mappage.
    Of course I lost the two custom map designations I'd entered and have to go looking for them again!
    09-05-10 03:16 PM
    OK I'm talking to myself here but maybe someone can help on this?
    I did restore the built in radar by deleting the offending location and re-entering it. Now neither location's built in radar works?
    Could it possibly be something regarding the upgraded Meterberry which does the automatic reset every night?
    09-07-10 06:33 AM
    I was going to dl berryweather because I want a program that does decent radar. Currently I'm only on the trial version of 2.2.01. I wasn't sure if the trial version had anything to do with it or not. But all I am getting is the grey screen as well. I deleted the only location that I had and input a different location. Same result. I have no clue what's going on.
    09-07-10 11:15 AM
    Yeah, I tried deleting the program and reinstalling it, still no joy. sometimes the grey screen, sometimes radar as requested. Very odd. Any ideas out there?
    09-07-10 02:16 PM
    Bellshare replies that it's a server issue. Case closed it seems. Thanks all.
    Or not..still out this morning (9/8). Frustrating.
    Last edited by pastorbrad; 09-08-10 at 07:17 AM.
    09-07-10 07:19 PM
    Mine isnt working either
    09-09-10 02:17 PM
    It's being worked on at this time.
    Update Sep 9th, 15:00 CET

We are still working on this issue. What seemed to be a server problem on our side turned out to be a problem with the provider of the radar images.

The National Weather Service (NWS) seems to experience traffic peaks due to the recent storms in the US which makes our servers time out on download the data.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will keep you updated on the issue.

We encourage you to take a look at adding custom maps to your BerryWeather so you will have access to radar imagery until we have been able to solve the issue. You can find more information at viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1227&start=0
    09-09-10 02:56 PM
    lol... Yester, funny the only reason I bumped it was so I could find it in my subscribed list and use the link to create a custom radar map.
    09-09-10 03:05 PM
    Custom Radars Rule!!!

You get a lot more features with them.
    09-09-10 03:09 PM
    My radar map has been fixed and Bellshare's customer support has finally emailed me back! Great!
    09-09-10 03:12 PM
    Still in and out as of 9/11
    09-11-10 05:44 AM
    Mine is working right now, wasn't a few days ago but I didn't think anything of it at the time.
    09-11-10 06:46 AM
    Radar working again for most, I believe. The homescreen issue is another story. It's very frustrating having to reset your homepage screen after an auto update- especially if you keep the phone horizontally in a case on your belt.
    09-11-10 07:39 AM
    Radar working again for most, I believe. The homescreen issue is another story. It's very frustrating having to reset your homepage screen after an auto update- especially if you keep the phone horizontally in a case on your belt.
    Wonderful, that's a new one, hasn't hit here yet!
    09-11-10 08:16 AM
    Radar is working in NYC!
    09-11-10 08:35 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD