I have been trying to get my BBM to work with the new software but can't for the life of me get the icon to show up. It shows that it's installed on the phone but the icon will not show up. Does anyone have any suggestions???? I need it for work...I really don't want to downgrade but if I can't figure this out I might be forced to...please help!!!!
    07-26-09 09:44 AM
    You probably still have BBM 5.0 for 4.7 installed on your phone. Delete it and then go to lyricidal's site (make sure the address in your device browser ends with .com/bb/) and the OTA link is at the top. Choose BBM 5.0 for 5.0.
    07-26-09 10:02 AM
    I keep seeing Lyricidal's... what/who is this? Thanks. Just curious.
    07-26-09 10:09 AM
    what is the full website if you happen to know????
    07-26-09 10:15 AM
    nevermind i found it hahaha.
    07-26-09 10:44 AM
    you can get the download over on The BlackBerry Zone also

great new site
    07-26-09 10:56 AM
    Now if only I can get my facebook and myspace apps to work everything will be golden. anyone have any suggestions on that one????
    07-26-09 11:02 AM
    Now if only I can get my facebook and myspace apps to work everything will be golden. anyone have any suggestions on that one????
    as been stated many time, you cant/wont get them to work
    07-26-09 11:26 AM
    okay thanks
    07-26-09 11:32 AM
    Fyi, a lot of apps don't work with 5.0. And they won't until 5.0 is official and the developers release new versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 11:52 AM
    I'm trying to figure this out, too. I have a Storm 9530, DM 5, OS 5.0.0.140 and I'm trying to install BBM 5 - but I have the same "no icon" problem. The Applications List is saying I have BBM 5.0 installed, but I don't see the icon anywhere (and I've looked and had people send me messages, just in case). When I try uninstalling and then reinstalling the OTA from Lyricidal (or any OTA for that matter), I get "907 Invalid OD HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error". Not sure if this matters, but I have BES. I've never had a problem installing apps before the upgrade to OS 5. I even read about a method by which you copy over some cod files into my PC's RIM subfolders. Nope - that didn't work either. I'm fairly tech savvy and I generally understand all the posts and associated directions - I just can't seem to figure this one out. Any ideas? Or am I just screwed until either the official rel. of BBM 5 or OS5?
    07-26-09 11:56 AM
    Have you tried installing the real installer version using Desktop Manager? That's where I'd go next. Barring that, reregister your Storm on the BB network and resent the service books. If its still a no go, time to downgrade.

07-26-09 12:00 PM
    Krypto - to be honest, I'm not 100% on what you mean "real installer version" of BBM. I have probably installed from 5 different sites and they all seem real. (I might be missing the obvious - sorry). Do you happen to know if Lyricidal's site is the "real" one? I see references to it in many threads.
    07-26-09 12:07 PM
    I mean the .zip version with the .alx file. No need to incorporate with the OS files. Just extract the .zip and then install via bbdm.

07-26-09 12:09 PM
    If you need the link for that, try BlackBerryNews.com or BlackBerryOS.com (the original site to post the links).

07-26-09 12:12 PM
    Ah... then yes. I have an .alx file, but I did need to extract and incorporate because when I tried the normal method, DM said that it wasn't the right version for my device. I guess it's POSSIBLE I still have the wrong version. Do you know where I can get one that is the correct version?
    07-26-09 12:22 PM
    got it... going there now. I'll let you know.
    07-26-09 12:23 PM
    Nothing there... either it's all .jad files or it's BBM for DM, but for 4.7, not 5.0.

Thoughts?
    07-26-09 12:32 PM
    please i know it might seem dumb but i still cant find the bbm5 for storm os 5.0 so if someone can just put up a link i would really appreciate it
    07-26-09 12:50 PM
    Are you looking for OTA or .alx? I can't find any .alx for Desktop Manager. But, you can find the OTA's here:

w w w .theiexplorers.com/BBM/

(Remove the spaces between the W's)
    07-26-09 12:57 PM
    The version you want to use for OS 5.0 is simply the one for OS 5.0. There is no specific Storm version.
    07-26-09 03:14 PM
    i just installed from lyricals site but mine isnt showing up either is thier something else i need to do
    07-26-09 03:20 PM
    If you need the link for that, try BlackBerryNews.com or BlackBerryOS.com (the original site to post the links).

Tried those sites and can't seem to find what I need. No one seems to know how to fix the error I'm having and for some reason, some people have BBM running and some don't, but I can't seem to find a common solution that works.
    07-26-09 04:13 PM
    once you've DLd BBM 5.0 files to your PC, copy and paste the files from that folder into the java folder. Path: program files>common folders>research in motion>shared>loader files>(whatever the most recent OS you have updated)>java - Run DM or AUTOloader to reinstall - Make sure that BB Messenger is selected on your app list. You should be good to go.

BACK UP YOUR PINS first!!
    Last edited by bigsunny; 07-26-09 at 04:40 PM.
    07-26-09 04:27 PM
    once you've DLd BBM 5.0 files to your PC, copy and paste the files from that folder into the java folder. Path: program files>common folders>research in motion>shared>loader files>(whatever the most recent OS you have updated)>java - Run DM or Apploader to reinstall - Make sure that BB Messenger is selected on your app list. You should be good to go.

BACK UP YOUR PINS first!!
    I have gotten that far adn I do have BBm 5 on my device - but, no icon.
    07-26-09 04:36 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD