Just got it, I put my sim in and i get the edge in lower case
    how do i get uppercase edge?
    and my browser icon is not there either?
    im so lost it sucks i wanna use this phone!
    07-25-09 07:59 PM
    07-25-09 08:33 PM
    What OS do you have on your Storm? That could be part of the reason you can't get EDGE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 08:35 PM
    where can i find the OS?
    07-25-09 08:38 PM
    try searching next time

no i did all that, well tried
    to download the stuff and nothing happened
    i cant get a desktop manager
    07-25-09 08:40 PM
    First of all, complete sentences will help greatly when it comes to getting questions answered. I apologize if English is not your first language, but I don't understand what you mean by "I can't get a desktop manager"... does that mean you're trying to do all of this OTA (over the air)?

You won't be able to load your service books without access to a computer with both CrackUtil and Desktop Manager on it. Without your service books, you'll never see your browser.

As far as the edge/EDGE issue, I'm currently running my unlocked Storm with AT&T, using OS .151. I had edge until I messed with my APN settings, and now I get consistent EDGE coverage. Go to Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP and check both boxes, authorizing both APN setting and APN Authentication. Under "APN:" type "blackberry.net" (without quotes of course). Under "Username for APN:" type "CINGULAR" (and make sure it's all caps, because it's case sensitive).

That should fix your connection issues unless you try to use certain programs or websites. I still can't access YouTube or Pandora, so I assume anything streamed is a no go. It also goes out very temporarily when I send an MMS (pix) message. However, the Berry browser, Bolt browser, Opera Mini, FaceBook, TwitterBerry, Flickr, and most other programs work like a charm and my coverage is solid.
    Last edited by he11fire; 07-25-09 at 09:32 PM.
    07-25-09 08:58 PM
    I tried what you said and its still lowercase edge.
    what do i do now?
    07-25-09 10:53 PM
    I tried what you said and its still lowercase edge.
    what do i do now?
    This may be a silly question, but are you sure you have EDGE coverage where you are?
    07-25-09 11:10 PM
    Ok let's go this route. What os is running on your phone. You can check this by going to options/about or options/status.

The os is most likely your issue. If I was you I would upgrade to either os .148, .151. These have been the best for me. The 5.0 os is really good also but let's start with the first two.

07-25-09 11:22 PM
    i got version v4.7.0.75

and how do i upgrade to those????
    07-25-09 11:29 PM
    This may be a silly question, but are you sure you have EDGE coverage where you are?
    Yes it says edge in lowercase up in the top
    07-25-09 11:30 PM
    Ok let's go this route. What os is running on your phone. You can check this by going to options/about or options/status.

The os is most likely your issue. If I was you I would upgrade to either os .148, .151. These have been the best for me. The 5.0 os is really good also but let's start with the first two.

Can you help me out with all this?
    07-25-09 11:41 PM
    Can you help me out with all this?
    Search for the How-To Guides for reloading a new Operating System, they're very informative. The basic steps are:

1. Download the OS you want to install
    2. Install the OS to your computer
    3. Turn off your internet
    4. Plug in your phone
    5. Open Desktop Manager
    6. DM should automatically backup your files and install the new OS

There's really nothing to it, most of the guides even have pictures.
    07-25-09 11:52 PM
    Search for the How-To Guides for reloading a new Operating System, they're very informative. The basic steps are:

1. Download the OS you want to install
    2. Install the OS to your computer
    3. Turn off your internet
    4. Plug in your phone
    5. Open Desktop Manager
    6. DM should automatically backup your files and install the new OS

There's really nothing to it, most of the guides even have pictures.

how can i open a desktop manager, i dont even have one
    07-25-09 11:56 PM
    Have you changed you mobile network settings so that it shows 2g and not global. If so than head to the storm os thread and look for the sticky that has all of the storms operating systems. And download the .151 os tp your pc. Install once done. Once done with install you need to delete the vendor file. You will find this file in c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader. Scroll down till you find the vendor file(should be the last file) delete.

Once that is done look for the apploader(with a cell phone) double click and it will start the loading process.

07-26-09 12:05 AM
    download one of off blackberry.com, or use the desktop cd that came in the box with the phone but youd be best off downloading the newest desktop manager witch is 5.0
    07-26-09 12:07 AM
    Have you changed you mobile network settings so that it shows 2g and not global. If so than head to the storm os thread and look for the sticky that has all of the storms operating systems. And download the .151 os tp your pc. Install once done. Once done with install you need to delete the vendor file. You will find this file in c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader. Scroll down till you find the vendor file(should be the last file) delete.

Once that is done look for the apploader(with a cell phone) double click and it will start the loading process.

Can you find me a link to get desktop manager on my mac, cuz all the ones i download dont work.
    07-26-09 12:28 AM
    download one of off blackberry.com, or use the desktop cd that came in the box with the phone but youd be best off downloading the newest desktop manager witch is 5.0
    Yeah i do that
    and when the download is done and i go to click it, nothing happens
    07-26-09 12:34 AM
    can someone find me a video on youtube on how to do all this im sooooo confused!
    07-26-09 01:33 AM
    Can you find me a link to get desktop manager on my mac, cuz all the ones i download dont work.
    DM is not available for the Mac for a few more months. YOu need to use a Windowz box to use DM.
    07-26-09 07:36 AM
    Wow this guy is really lost I'm sorry to say pat but you need to do some searching yourself man they can't do everything for you ! Remember search is your friend.

Unfortunately you need to go to a computer that has windows to get tour storm working properly I have tmobile and using my unlocked storm once you arr on a windows computer please check back in .

07-26-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD