Forgive me for not searching if this is covered somewhere else, but I'm about to walk out the door to Verizon for this and wanted a quick answer...

The side of the upper left corner of my phone popping out a bit, and my trackball is horrible, people cant hear me, battery door, message icon wont go away, etc much like other people have experienced...I wanted to go to Verizon and get my phone swapped because this seems to alleviate a lot of the problems.

What I wanted to know is if I get a replacement phone, can my BBM pin be assigned to the new phone or are they phone specific? It's gonna be a pain in the **** to have to tell everyone I changed my pin. But I'd like these issues to go away. Thanks!
    Last edited by viventi; 07-25-09 at 06:12 PM.
    07-25-09 06:09 PM
    they are phone specific. if you backed up your phone, you should be able to transfer all of your contacts/BBM contacts over to the new device.
    07-25-09 06:12 PM
    Verizon cant transfer them for me? I cant reliably back my phone up on my laptop because its a Mac

Kinda stinks that they're phone specific. Doesnt make things easy, lol.
    07-25-09 06:14 PM
    Do you know anybody with a Windows computer? That would be your best bet I guess?
    07-25-09 10:07 PM
    Forgive me for not searching if this is covered somewhere else, but I'm about to walk out the door to Verizon for this and wanted a quick answer...

The side of the upper left corner of my phone popping out a bit, and my trackball is horrible, people cant hear me, battery door, message icon wont go away, etc much like other people have experienced...I wanted to go to Verizon and get my phone swapped because this seems to alleviate a lot of the problems.

What I wanted to know is if I get a replacement phone, can my BBM pin be assigned to the new phone or are they phone specific? It's gonna be a pain in the **** to have to tell everyone I changed my pin. But I'd like these issues to go away. Thanks!
    If you upgraded to BBM 5, theres an option to back up your BBM Contacts, then you can restore them. (You can back 'em up right to the memory card).
    07-31-09 09:53 AM
    You can also store pin's in the contact list of your address book to keep them saved.
    07-31-09 10:27 AM
    As susu0822 said in her post, you can use Desktop Manager and back up your current device and use the restore function when you get your new phone. When I switched over to the Tour, I personally used the "Switch Device" function in desktop manager and it worked perfectly. All my contact, events, reminders, BBM contacts/pins were all transferred over to my new device without a problem. None of my BBM contacts even noticed that I switched devices and I was still able to contact them without a problem. I hope this helps.
    07-31-09 11:57 AM
    Verizon cant transfer them for me? I cant reliably back my phone up on my laptop because its a Mac

Kinda stinks that they're phone specific. Doesnt make things easy, lol.
    Verizon can switch your address book out but that is it. If you have your friends' pins saved in your contacts then you're good. You just have to re add them when you get your new phone.
    07-31-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD