I was just wondering.....I bought a curve off of ebay and it doesn't say alltel on it or doesn't say blackberry on the front? Other than that the programing looks the same and all of that. Should I be worried?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 10:22 AM
    Have you removed the battery door and battery? Best way is to call the carrier you want to activate it on and check to see if the ESN is clear.

07-25-09 10:25 AM
    no i wouldnt worry especially if u already bought it. just try and activate it
    07-25-09 10:25 AM
    I would be. But I don't trust ebay period.
    07-25-09 10:26 AM
    Has anyone else ever had this happen?

07-25-09 10:44 AM
    It does not sound like a new phone or at least one that is branded by alltel. They may have put a new case on a used phone. Call your carrier and check the esn and ask if it has been activated before. Ebay has an extended period to verify if your phone is legit.

If it is not what it was represented to be you have a choice of returning it or keeping it. Used phones or refurbs can work great. Did you get a good price.
    07-25-09 10:52 AM
    If the case is not branded BlackBerry then it has definitely had a case swap. Need to make sure the PIN is clear also or you cannot use BIS.
    07-25-09 11:04 AM
    I called alltel and they checked the esn and said it was new and was made in may of this year

07-25-09 11:15 AM
    Hey good news. Enjoy your phone... a lot of good info here and bb101s.
    07-25-09 11:22 AM
    The case must have been damaged so they replaced the case. Strange to have no branding at all. Glad your BB is ok.
    07-25-09 12:18 PM
    Yeah another thing I noticed is on the back the ones at the store have black all the way around but on this one where there is writing way on the bottom of the back instead of that part being black it is the same color as the door. Works great though! Does anyone know if maybe sprints phone is like that?

07-25-09 01:29 PM
    Yeah another thing I noticed is on the back the ones at the store have black all the way around but on this one where there is writing way on the bottom of the back instead of that part being black it is the same color as the door. Works great though! Does anyone know if maybe sprints phone is like that?

My red Sprint 'berry says Sprint on the front bottom in grey letters and QUALCOMM 3G CDMA in tiny grey letters on black rubber on the bottom back. Also says BlackBerry above the screen bezel
    07-25-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD