I have tried a search and I come up empty handed...but I'm sure someone will post a link and prove me wrong. I have tried a couple of weather apps on my storm and I am torn about which one I like more. I like BerryWeather the best I think...but the homescreen icon does not always match the forcast(downloaded trial). I had WB for a while...but its a little boring. I have not tried BBweather. Does anyone have and good, gentle advice. Thanks a lot for helping me out!
    07-25-09 09:49 AM
    Try NWSCLIENT for renderfast.com
    07-25-09 10:15 AM
    i use weatherbug and you have the option to update interval icon from 15min, 30min, 1hr, 2hrs, 4hrs, and off. The weatherbug is on blackberry app ota.
    07-25-09 10:24 AM
    Try NWSCLIENT for renderfast.com
    Thanks a lot...downloading now!
    07-25-09 10:33 AM
    I use BerryWeather, the paid version. The forecast matches what we see on the news pretty close.

JPD217
    07-25-09 10:35 AM
    The absolute best weather application for BlackBerry's is BerryWeather. Hands down, no other applications come close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 10:36 AM
    Must agree with JPD and CX!!

Berryweather is by far the best, and with the new update that includes radar and GPS..it is truly nice!!
    07-25-09 10:38 AM
    I think I have to agree...do you guys have a problem with the icon on the homescreen not changing? And thanks for the information! On my way to buy now!
    07-25-09 10:41 AM
    Thanks for all the help...just purchased Berryweather...just needed a little push of the edge!
    07-25-09 10:48 AM
    For me, BerryWeather is the best. I love the radar. But, I also have and use WeatherBug too. I do not have the location/gps enabled for either. It works fine on both, but I think it slows it down. I think it's easier to just type in the cities you want to watch.
    07-25-09 11:25 AM
    I think I have to agree...do you guys have a problem with the icon on the homescreen not changing? And thanks for the information! On my way to buy now!

Mine changes every time it updates. I have it set to update itself every hour.

JPD217
    07-25-09 11:29 AM
    I actually have this problem. For instance, my icon shows "fog/mist" and yet it's sunny as anything for my home location. Go into the app and it bascially shows the actual condition. Regardless, I still feel this is the best weather app out of the few that I've tried. Well worth the $ spent.

Also, as an aside, if you live in a climate where the weather can change pretty rapidly, BerryWeather's active advisories are typically spot on! Highly recommend.
    07-25-09 11:38 AM
    I actually have this problem. For instance, my icon shows "fog/mist" and yet it's sunny as anything for my home location. Go into the app and it bascially shows the actual condition. Regardless, I still feel this is the best weather app out of the few that I've tried. Well worth the $ spent.

Also, as an aside, if you live in a climate where the weather can change pretty rapidly, BerryWeather's active advisories are typically spot on! Highly recommend.
    Actually I do...New England...as the saying goes "don't like the weather...wait 5 mins!"

Again thanks for all the input!
    07-25-09 12:10 PM
    BerryWeather gets my vote ... radar, multiple locations, multiple views. If there is one better, I've not been able to find it. Weather is very important in the construction business and BerryWeather in my pocket has been a valuable asset.
    07-25-09 12:35 PM
    Hey thanks for the NWSClient tip. I DL'd, it's just what I was looking for!
    07-25-09 01:03 PM
    I use weathereye but will look into berryweather thanks
    07-25-09 01:08 PM
    I beta tested the 1st Berryweather and the most recent Berryweather.
    This is a quote by the maker of Berryweather, Bellshare in relation to issues of the cell location not updating on devices with CDMA carriers.

"BerryWeather's cell location does currently not work on CDMA phones. It will only work for GSM devices.

BerryWeather queries the current GSM tower ids and uses these to locate the phone.

CDMA devices provide their location to 3rd party applications through the same interface as GPS does.

So technically BerryWeather's cell location is 'GSM cell location' and BerryWeather's GPS is 'GPS or CDMA cell location'.

Unfortunately most carriers (like Verizon) not only limit the GPS but also the CDMA cell location feature.

The only way around this would be to query CDMA cell towers just like we do for GSM and try to locate the device. Problem here is that we simply do not have a tower database for CDMA networks.

Some of might ask why Google maps works,
    Google probably has the CDMA tower database... It does not have to query GPS nor CDMA cell location.

As far as I know unassisted GPS should work on Verizon. It will just take a lot longer to get a lock."

The beta testers were told that Berryweather has a currently unused function to store tower locations to a database for future use.

Hope this helps.

07-25-09 01:26 PM
    I beta tested the 1st Berryweather and the most recent Berryweather.
    This is a quote by the maker of Berryweather, Bellshare in relation to issues of the cell location not updating on devices with CDMA carriers.

"BerryWeather's cell location does currently not work on CDMA phones. It will only work for GSM devices.

BerryWeather queries the current GSM tower ids and uses these to locate the phone.

CDMA devices provide their location to 3rd party applications through the same interface as GPS does.

So technically BerryWeather's cell location is 'GSM cell location' and BerryWeather's GPS is 'GPS or CDMA cell location'.

Unfortunately most carriers (like Verizon) not only limit the GPS but also the CDMA cell location feature.

The only way around this would be to query CDMA cell towers just like we do for GSM and try to locate the device. Problem here is that we simply do not have a tower database for CDMA networks.

Some of might ask why Google maps works,
    Google probably has the CDMA tower database... It does not have to query GPS nor CDMA cell location.

As far as I know unassisted GPS should work on Verizon. It will just take a lot longer to get a lock."

The beta testers were told that Berryweather has a currently unused function to store tower locations to a database for future use.

Hope this helps.

This is why I never enabled the GPS function. It works perfectly fine by typing in the city or zip of anywhere you want weather for. This is faster than enabling GPS anyway.
    07-25-09 01:30 PM
    Another vote for Berryweather, accurate and easy to use - is not a drain on the battery or memory
    07-25-09 01:44 PM
    This is why I never enabled the GPS function. It works perfectly fine by typing in the city or zip of anywhere you want weather for. This is faster than enabling GPS anyway.
    I have GPS location enabled and several static locations also.
    The main use for the GPS location is for if your traveling it will constantly update.

07-26-09 08:18 AM
    Berryweather gets my vote. Matter of fact most every app from these guys gets my vote very nice apps.
    07-26-09 08:36 AM
    But you can have multiple locations and radar with weatherbug too. It does not load as fast though

07-26-09 10:09 AM
    My vote is BerryWeather,
    07-26-09 10:34 AM
    07-26-09 08:32 PM
    weatherbug definitely the best weather app! you can choose to update it every 30min 1 hour, 2hours etc.
    07-27-09 07:25 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD