Hi folks,

Picked up a 9530 today that is locked by VZW. My question here is can I get an unlock code to work around this? Attempt to wipe the OS to go around it? or will this require a visit to the local VZW store to tell them I'm going to Argentina and need this phone unlocked? Any help/suggestions is appreciated.
    07-25-09 07:45 AM
    IF you do not have an account with VZW - your profile says you are with TMO, VZW will not help you.

I would recommend seaching around - there maybe other companies (for fee) that can help you with this.
    07-25-09 07:55 AM
    IF you do not have an account with VZW - your profile says you are with TMO, VZW will not help you.

I would recommend seaching around - there maybe other companies (for fee) that can help you with this.
    Hopeflly that is not a huge fee but I do have a aircard with VZW could that help in this situation?
    07-25-09 08:08 AM
    Hopeflly that is not a huge fee but I do have a aircard with VZW could that help in this situation?
    I am affraid not. The device would have active on a line of serivce with VZW
    07-25-09 08:11 AM
    I am affraid not. The device would have active on a line of serivce with VZW
    S

Since i'm going to have to pay for this, can you point me in the right direction of someone or business that may be able to help me solve this problem so I can get the number$ on this.
    07-25-09 08:31 AM
    I do not know of any myself. But I am sure there will be someone along that will or search some other areas for assitance.
    07-25-09 08:51 AM
    If it's locked by VZW then it's either one stolen or two reported lost. VZW won't be willing to help you unless you are the owner of that device. If you are not then the original owner would have to have it taken off the lost/stolen list. If an insurance claim was filed on that then the phone would have to be returned. Otherwise the person who made the claim would be charged for it.

Use Google... seems to always find you what you need!
    07-25-09 08:59 AM
    If it's locked by VZW then it's either one stolen or two reported lost. VZW won't be willing to help you unless you are the owner of that device. If you are not then the original owner would have to have it taken off the lost/stolen list. If an insurance claim was filed on that then the phone would have to be returned. Otherwise the person who made the claim would be charged for it.

Good point - But now that you mentioned that, is the OP wanting to unlock for use on another carrier or is it on lost stolen? I assumed the first.
    07-25-09 09:03 AM

Thanks. Sounds like this thing is better off back in the hands of who I bought this from.
    07-25-09 09:04 AM
    Good point - But now that you mentioned that, is the OP wanting to unlock for use on another carrier or is it on lost stolen? I assumed the first.
    I wanted to use it with T-mobile. the guy told me the phone was locked by the carrier so I figured this is different from an unlock code that (for example)would allow me to use an att phone on tmobile. Those kind of unlock codes are easy to find but I assumed this one was different
    07-25-09 09:09 AM
    Then you will need to Google or browse around here for an answer as to how to get it to work on T-Mo
    07-25-09 09:11 AM
    Cool that clears things up - so you wnat to unlock for another carrier. Keep in mind and this is fuzzy to me and not sure if others have done this or not. THe phone is set work on CDMA in the states, Not sure unlock will let it work GSM technology or not. I know with devices that are CDMA unlock for GSM will not happen.

Again if you look around here you may find some info about this as well.

Good luck
    07-25-09 09:12 AM
    This might help.

CellUnlock.net-Unlock Your Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530, Tour 9630 & 8830

Edit: Keep in mind I know nothing about this company, just found it in a 2 second Bing search.
    07-25-09 09:19 AM
    You would have to be with VZW and then call global dept to have it unlocked.
    07-25-09 09:44 AM
    You would have to be with VZW and then call global dept to have it unlocked.
    That is the ethical way...
    Last edited by bs1two; 07-25-09 at 10:05 AM. Reason: double quote for some reason
    07-25-09 10:05 AM
    Yup it sounds to me also that you just need an unlocking code for the phone. i got mine from GSM-Unlocking in my signature below for mine, dont know what they charge as mine was a freebie one night but they work, then secondly the following link should direct you to the procedures for setting it up to work for t-mobile. http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/ I would read article first to make sure this is what you want. Hope this helps
    07-25-09 10:09 AM
    That is the ethical way...
    Ethics is good when you like your job! LMAO!
    07-25-09 10:19 AM
    Ethics is good when you like your job! LMAO!
    Oh I know thus why I brought up all avenues of making sure it was a legit phone on the VZW network. However, I can only go as far to say what VZW can do for the customer. I am about providing solutions. I suggested Google or CB.

I don't condone the unethical way.
    07-25-09 10:41 AM
    We can unlock your phone and help with getting service books from tmobile downloaded to your phone. DM me for any questions
    07-25-09 09:39 PM
    I wanted to use it with T-mobile. the guy told me the phone was locked by the carrier so I figured this is different from an unlock code that (for example)would allow me to use an att phone on tmobile. Those kind of unlock codes are easy to find but I assumed this one was different
    It is the exact same thing as unlocking an AT&T phone for T-Mobile. The Storm has World GSM Bands and European UMTS bands. Get an unlock code, unlock it, put the T-Mobile SIM in, and change the network settings from Global or 1XEV to GSM/UMTS.

Golden.
    07-26-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD