Hi,

Joy, I have two BB's now: a personal Storm on BIS and a Bold on a corporate BES. I want to bring just my storm's contacts over to the bold and ensure I don't screw up any of the config settings my company has setup. I tried to do the advanced backup/restore and restore just the contacts to the bold but it greys out my selection and prevents it from transfering to the bold. Any clues/ideas?

From searching the forums I read about the device switch wizard but I want more explicit control of what is getting transfered and not just an entire device data and settings transfer. Are the two databasees incompatible to simply backup restore contacts to one another?

Thanks in advance!
    07-24-09 09:42 PM
    so you got it from the storm to the PC correct? but you cant get it back onto the bold? sounds like to me its an IT policy your BES has setup. I would talk to someone in your company who works with the BES. more than likely that is the prob if you can't put stuff on to your bold
    07-24-09 09:58 PM
    What I ended up doing was syncing the storm with outlook and then export to CSV and then import CSV using lotus notes and then synching with the bold.. UGH!!! Thanks though.
    07-25-09 10:20 AM
    Use DM then click "Device Switch Wizard".
    07-25-09 02:44 PM
    Use DM then click "Device Switch Wizard".
    If I used that, would I have control to just import only the contacts? I do not want any other settings transferred over. I don't have a phone to experiment on so curious what happens next.
    07-26-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD