I was wondering if anyone here is staying with their Curve. I'm debating on getting a Tour or Curve, and I've seen people absoulutley LOVING the Tour, and others hating it. This is my first BB. I'm wondering if the Tour will be like the Storm. Most people seem to adore their Curve. Please post why or why not you are keeping your Curve.
    07-24-09 05:22 PM
    I Love my Curve, but would love to upgrade to the Tour in the future. My NE2 isn't till Jan 2010, so will wait a bit to see how it is performing, and if I give in for the $$.
    07-24-09 05:28 PM
    I have no desire to get anything new, I love my curve, just because *its the new hot thing* doesnt mean Im gonna run out and get it, just to say I have the tour, my curve does all I need, I can modify it to my liking, not to mention right now a glitter purple housing with a pink trackball.. its my accessorie.. I dont WANT a tour, a bold, a storm, a pearl, a javelin whatever.
    07-24-09 05:33 PM
    Had a Tour for 3 days before I went back to my Curve. It was an incremental upgrade at best. $200.00, tighter keyboard, some problem issues with back, ringtones and it was bigger and heavier. I'll wait for a truly impressive upgrade before I dump my Curve.
    07-24-09 05:39 PM
    I have no desire to get anything new, I love my curve, just because *its the new hot thing* doesnt mean Im gonna run out and get it, just to say I have the tour, my curve does all I need, I can modify it to my liking, not to mention right now a glitter purple housing with a pink trackball.. its my accessorie.. I dont WANT a tour, a bold, a storm, a pearl, a javelin whatever.
    Agreed... I'm not gonna go with the new hot thing. I have all I need with my Curve.
    07-24-09 05:39 PM
    What dustanh and rachel0179.....ditto.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 05:55 PM
    Sticking with my beloved Curve for pretty much the same reasons as rachel and wckesq.
    07-24-09 05:59 PM
    Well I just signed my contract about 2 weeks ago with sprint knowing that the tour was coming out. I'm sticking with the curve cuz I had it on Tmobile and loved it and we all know that new phones have tons of little bugs.

07-24-09 06:10 PM
    I really love everything I can do on my Curve.The Tour has a nice list of improved features but the 8330 w/OS 4.5 is,in many ways,the best of the Curve series.It should be a solid performer for most people for at least one more year.
    Last edited by experiment626; 07-24-09 at 06:54 PM.
    07-24-09 06:20 PM
    I absolutely loved my 8330m but I did upgrade since I was due for one. There are alot of people who love it and some who don't. If you have been reading some of the comments in the 9630 forums you will see there are some valid issues with the Tour. I had a curve for 2 years with no problems and although this new Berry is taking some getting use to (smaller keyboard, etc), I am happy with it.
    07-24-09 06:23 PM
    I was in debate over tour or curve. Then I fell in love with my orange color curve. New phones tend to have many glithches that take time to be smoothed out, like months. Curve is user friendly, customizable, and just addictive, lol. Curve has greaty reputation, read some of the forums. Good luck !
    07-24-09 06:27 PM
    Smaller keyboard on the tour? Wow I would like a new phone but this one suits me for now. Plus there are a lot of things the curve has the tour won't get for a while. Other than that I would really like a true mobile device so bold2 I'm waitin for you *crosses fingers

07-24-09 06:41 PM
    One feature where the Curve holds it's own:Mini-USB charge port on the left side of the phone. I have no idea why RIM switched it to the opposite side. And why couldn't RIM just put the port on the bottom of the BB?
    07-24-09 07:01 PM
    I had my mind set on getting the Tour, but I have since changed my mind. I love my Curve and don't need anything different. I have a pink Curve, pink trackball, and pink cases that I would hate to part with. I love my girly girl...Tour seems so masculine to me.

07-24-09 07:07 PM
    The tour kicks the curves ****. I thought I was going to hold on to my curve. I just couldn't the tour is much faster. Typing on the curve is faster. The tour has triple the memory. There is no lag like the curve. The trackball is amazingly better than the curve. The tour is a huge uogtade to the 88 series. The charge thing on the righjt is not bad. People just whine about stuff that is new to them. The tour is like night and day!

07-24-09 07:14 PM
    I love my Curve but I am thinking about buying the 8900...My co worker has it and she loves it!!! Everyone else in my department has an iphone and i'm a blackberry user for life now!
    07-24-09 07:18 PM
    I just signed up with AT&T a month ago and got the 8310, and love it. Considering that all I had before this were flip phones, I am beside myself with happiness. I am also very stoked to have found Crackberry, I have found all the answers to my questions about the device on here.
    The phone does everything I need it to do, and more. So, I'm sure I'll be fine for the next 2 years, until my contract is up.
    I love my Curve!
    07-24-09 07:54 PM
    Had a Tour for 3 days before I went back to my Curve. It was an incremental upgrade at best. $200.00, tighter keyboard, some problem issues with back, ringtones and it was bigger and heavier. I'll wait for a truly impressive upgrade before I dump my Curve.
    I have the Tour and have been using it for about 2 weeks. I switched back to my 8330 (on my 2nd day) and I'm not missing the Tour.

Like wckesq said, the improvements over the 8330 are only incremental. The Tour IS faster, and a gorgeous phone to look at, and I suspect with some software tweaks, it will be a good phone. I'm not digging the Tour's keyboard, and haven't been able to adjust to it, even after 2 weeks on it. The keys feel too flat, and I dunno mushy feeling, the 8330 keyboard just feels better IMO.

The high resolution screen on the Tour is nice, but the screen is the same physical size as the one on the 8330. What happens then is that ends up making the screen fonts, images, and icons look smaller (but sharper). I spend most of my time on CB's mobile site anyway, so the extra resolution actually made the fonts too small and hard to read. What the Tour needs is a bigger screen to really take advantage of the extra resolution.

The 3.2MP camera takes some really nice pictures, but I don't use my cellphone cameras much, no matter how good they are.

I haven't made the decision yet whether I'm sending the Tour back for a refund and reinstatement of my NE2 discount. I'm leaning toward returning the Tour. I like the idea of all future BBs coming out on Verizon having wifi. If Verizon decides to offer the Atlas (Tour + wifi) then that may be enough for me to upgrade, and I will be keeping an eye on the Storm 2 when it comes out.
    07-24-09 09:33 PM
    I think I am going to keep my curve also. I was salivating over the tour at first but then I decided just to rock my curve for a few more months at the very least.
    07-24-09 09:38 PM
    Keeping the curve!!!!!

07-24-09 09:40 PM
    i think im going to stick to my curve, ive looked at them all, and untill they come out with a GSM touch screen blackberry with wifi. i dont think ill leave the 8320
    07-24-09 09:43 PM
    I'm keeping the Curve till the 8530 or something else with an optical trackpad comes along. I love my Curve. The only thing I want for is more app memory and a bit more speed, but the Tour just isn't enough of an upgrade for me to jump on.

07-24-09 09:55 PM
    Got my curve in march. I love it and was addicted after the 1st day. I'm a big internet user and the curve sure beats carrying around a laptop. Last vacation, I left the laptop home! Not switching anytime soon!

07-24-09 10:25 PM
    heck no i'm not! i'm getting my tour at the end of august!!! cannot wait either!
    07-24-09 10:30 PM
    I switched but now I'm having doubts. Not enough of a difference to justify the 200 bucks I spent on it. It is a nice phone, but the curve keyboard was better and I've been making a lot of mistakes texting/emailing. Hopefully it will get better over time. I've only had it less than a week so I'll give it a little more time. I doubt I'll switch back because it seems as if everybody and their mama (kids too) has the curve. I like the exclusivity of the tour. Wish I knew when sprint was coming out with a new curve.
    07-24-09 10:33 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD