Hi guys,

After the price dropped to $99 and despite all the negative bs I always hear about the phone, I decided to go for it and I absolutely love it. In my opinion, the UI is much much accessible/powerful than my GF's iPhone 3g that I used to use all the time. I love the click screen, my fingers are really large and it helps with my accuracy- plus it feels cool. The screen is brilliant, data transfers are fast, browser works well. I can't believe how nice this phone is and am so glad I didnt jump ship to AT&T just to get an iPhone.

I upgraded to 147 last night and heard a new version was released/leaked. Is it worth upgrading at this point? Thanks!

STAT
    07-24-09 04:25 PM
    I bought me a Storm for Christmas and have loved it every day! I think a lot of people find issues with anything. It does a great job with my media (haven't missed my iPod once). I've had no problems and the upgrade really helped. Read a couple of posts on here about increasing your battery life as it does do a lot which drains the battery down
    07-24-09 04:45 PM
    Congrats! Enjoy!
    07-24-09 04:46 PM
    Welcome...and read around theres an abundance of information here.
    07-24-09 04:47 PM
    Welcome. You will be rewarded for ignoring all the storm haters. I would suggest upgrading to .151 after you read enough to feel comfortable. .151 is the best overall out imo. 5.0 is probably a little too quirky for a noobie to enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 05:03 PM
    Welcome. You will be rewarded for ignoring all the storm haters. I would suggest upgrading to .151 after you read enough to feel comfortable. .151 is the best overall out imo. 5.0 is probably a little too quirky for a noobie to enjoy.

This! You can ignore say...60% of posts
    07-24-09 06:59 PM
    Don't use 5.0.. Stick to 151

07-24-09 07:01 PM
    151 rocks...upgrading is the easiest thing to do. Just follow the instructions posted in the sticky index at the top of the storm OS threads.
    I'm relatively new to this whole BB world and I've had phones since the Motorola brick...
    Amazing what this phone can do. It just keeps getting better.

07-25-09 01:31 PM
    Be sure to book mark how to upgrade 101, backing up data, and backing up 3rd party apps and you'll be good to go. Another vote for .151

07-25-09 03:22 PM
    Id look into this hybrid... Its by far a whole different phone then the verizon .148 or the .151 leak. It used 5.0.0.140 files and Its super easy to install if you have already done the update before..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/15...rounds-269887/
    07-25-09 05:32 PM
    Imagine the nerve of some people actually liking the Storm.

Good luck with yours. It's a great phone and it is getting better with each o/s release. I tried 5.0.0.140, it was great but it fubar'd my gps so I went back to .148. I may try Lyricidal's hybrid today to see how it fares.
    Last edited by Lodingi; 07-26-09 at 07:33 AM.
    07-26-09 07:30 AM
    The Storm is not for everyone. It is a great device from a Superb company. Throw a few movies on it for a long trip and you will be in heaven.

07-26-09 10:07 AM
    Just like the title company Research In Motion, all their products are gradually improved upon and the Storm is just touching the surface of its capabilities.

07-26-09 12:41 PM
    I Love My Storm!!
    07-27-09 04:33 PM
    I'm sticking with .151 at least untill more apps work on 5.0. I love my storm.
    I always wondered why so many iphone lovers post on this site. Don't they have there own place on the web or something.
    07-31-09 09:24 AM
    I'm sticking with .151 at least untill more apps work on 5.0. I love my storm.
    I always wondered why so many iphone lovers post on this site. Don't they have there own place on the web or something.
    hehehe even apple fanboys cant stand talking to apple fanboys
    07-31-09 09:26 AM
    Id look into this hybrid... Its by far a whole different phone then the verizon .148 or the .151 leak. It used 5.0.0.140 files and Its super easy to install if you have already done the update before..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/15...rounds-269887/

HUGE +1

ooak hybrids are amazing.
    07-31-09 09:29 AM
    good for you and good luck. I love my Storm since day one of the launch. Some ppl didnt give it time and just decided to bash it.

I would stay with the .148 upgrade if it is working fine. There is also a .151 but its a leaked version, its up to you.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    08-06-09 02:20 PM
    good for you and good luck. I love my Storm since day one of the launch. Some ppl didnt give it time and just decided to bash it.

I would stay with the .148 upgrade if it is working fine. There is also a .151 but its a leaked version, its up to you.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    .151 borders on the leaked / "official" line. It's "official" to a Mexican carrier and endorsed by RIM. But not "official" to Verizon. So I don't know where to place this one...
    08-06-09 03:04 PM
    I just got my Storm this week and so far I love it. I've been busy changing/re-adding/re-buying! apps for it, but it's helped me learn how the phone operates, too. So far it's working really well.

I always prefer to make my own decisions; I never just blindly follow someone else's opinions!
    08-09-09 11:04 PM
    Verizons storms do work........well.
    08-10-09 05:30 PM
    .151 without question. The Storm is a fantastic device.
    08-10-09 07:40 PM
    Hi guys,

After the price dropped to $99 and despite all the negative bs I always hear about the phone, I decided to go for it and I absolutely love it. In my opinion, the UI is much much accessible/powerful than my GF's iPhone 3g that I used to use all the time. I love the click screen, my fingers are really large and it helps with my accuracy- plus it feels cool. The screen is brilliant, data transfers are fast, browser works well. I can't believe how nice this phone is and am so glad I didnt jump ship to AT&T just to get an iPhone.

I upgraded to 147 last night and heard a new version was released/leaked. Is it worth upgrading at this point? Thanks!

STAT
    You hit the nail on the head! I bought my Storm last week and I echo your comments. My brother has an iPhone but once he saw my Storm, he wanted one! Maybe in the future I'll upgrade the OS but I'm happy with .148 right now.

Bird
    08-11-09 06:15 PM
    Congrats on your purchase. Check my sig and you'll keep your Storm forever.
    08-13-09 03:08 AM
    Must agree...The Storm is an awesome phone for most. I think the Strom Haters are just miserable people looking for something to complain about. Everything has a few bugs or problems, but the pros far outweigh the cons.
    08-13-09 05:19 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD