How can I hook my curve up to my car radio to play my music? Can ui use an fm modulater and plug it into the headphone jack?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 10:54 PM
    if you have an auxillary input on your car radio you can hook it up to there or buy a fm modulator like you would for an mp3 player
    04-02-08 10:58 PM
    If you can connect with wires thru an aux input as Blueberry stated, it will sound excellent. Fm modulator just won't have the same sound quality but it will work.

04-02-08 11:02 PM
    ya mine sounds great through my aux input
    04-02-08 11:04 PM
    I use the old school setup, a tape with a headphone jack to go to the berry. I was suprised by the clarity of the audio. I would have an aux input but I drive a 98 saturn haha.

04-02-08 11:09 PM
    My Pioneer cd player has an aux input where my faceplate flips down but it's weird cuz it's only a 2.5mm jack
    04-02-08 11:12 PM
    those are great ideas, I usually just use the headphones that came with my curve while i drive. It also helps when I get phone calls.
    04-02-08 11:14 PM
    When I bought my 08 Altima, it had to have an aux input for my Berry otherwise I probably would have bought a different car. Its sad when you start to buy cars that work around your phone. LOL

04-02-08 11:14 PM
    When I bought my 08 Altima, it had to have an aux input for my Berry otherwise I probably would have bought a different car. Its sad when you start to buy cars that work around your phone. LOL

that is hilarious
    04-02-08 11:17 PM
    I have a usb port on my stereo and put my BB in mass storage mode and control the music through my stereo.

PS I have the 4.5 (beta) and this feature does not work!! =(
    04-02-08 11:19 PM
    Dromero - isn't that illegal? You cannot hear emergency vehicles.

Also my adapter has a mic so when the call comes in, I can leave my Berry plugged in and answer the calls with the sound coming thru the speakers on my car stereo.

04-02-08 11:20 PM
    I have a usb port on my stereo and put my BB in mass storage mode and control the music through my stereo.

that's why you should scrap the beta until the real thing comes out
    04-02-08 11:22 PM
    Garz,
    Yes its illegal to have headphones on while driving, but I only have 1 in my ear at a time. I also use it as my handsfree device since starting in july here its going to be illegal to drive and use your cell phone without some type of handsfree device. I don't want to spend the money on a new stereo. Ill wait until I get a new car. :smile:

04-02-08 11:42 PM
    Curve Makes a great kid distractor......my lil man loves watching movies and hearing them in the car
    04-03-08 12:06 AM
    i use the aux input and i love it ill like it better when i get my new double din pioneer with bluetooth and then i can run the video to im so excited
    04-03-08 12:26 AM
    that's why you should scrap the beta until the real thing comes out
    I have an ipod that I plug-in so can tuff it out until the final version of 4.5 comes out. Plus I love the L theme.
    04-03-08 12:44 AM

ah, that's why mine won't work. no biggie, I have various memory cards that I alternate.
    04-03-08 07:20 AM
    thanks for the help!!!
    04-03-08 07:02 PM
    anytime !
    04-03-08 07:18 PM
    I new new here, this is my first post.

The factory radio in my car has an AUX port but when I connect it with standard 3.5mm stereo jacks and cord to play MP3 from my Curve, I cannot use my phone. I can hear it rings but cannot hear from or talk to the caller. Do I need a special cable that includes a mic? Where can I get one?

One more: I am used to use a bluetooth headset. Is there a way to have the MP3 connected to AUX to play music, and use the bluetooth headset to make phone calls? I don't often like yelling to a speakerphone.
    04-17-08 12:10 PM
    My Pioneer cd player has an aux input where my faceplate flips down but it's weird cuz it's only a 2.5mm jack
    Did a bit of work a few days back on how the 8100 and it's silly 2.5mm jack works. You need a special plug which is wired really wierd.

If you want to know how it works, check out the drawing I made in this posting.
    04-17-08 02:34 PM

I've been wanting that car!~
    04-17-08 02:40 PM
    Man buys jack plug with car attached.
    04-17-08 03:11 PM
    Man buys jack plug with car attached.
    LOL!! you got that right!
    04-17-08 03:18 PM
    I new new here, this is my first post.

The factory radio in my car has an AUX port but when I connect it with standard 3.5mm stereo jacks and cord to play MP3 from my Curve, I cannot use my phone. I can hear it rings but cannot hear from or talk to the caller. Do I need a special cable that includes a mic? Where can I get one?

One more: I am used to use a bluetooth headset. Is there a way to have the MP3 connected to AUX to play music, and use the bluetooth headset to make phone calls? I don't often like yelling to a speakerphone.
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Please give me a day or so to find out how this works exactly and I will get back here.

The BB jack wiring is ingeneous (being polite) and does a lot of different things.
    04-17-08 03:25 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD