Fellow CBers, share your story of getting your first BB Curve!

My Story:

I've always been an avid Craig's List browser and I saw the curve. A friend had the pearl and I liked it, but never WANTED it. I finally saved enough money and bought a used Curve 8330 and tossed my beaten up, DUMB phone and replaced it with the king (or should I say queen!) of cell phones. Ever since, I've been crazy about it. I dont share it, or let people hold it, and I spend more money on its accessories than myself! It's like my child!

Oh, Blackberry Curve, how I love you.

STORY TIME!
    07-24-09 02:24 PM
    had a big brick bb and then got rid of it due to the extra data costs. Switched to windows mobile after a few months without a smart phone before realziing that the data usage at the time made my bills astronomical.

Telus sold me on a curve and I never went back.
    07-24-09 02:38 PM
    Stole my first one.
    07-24-09 02:39 PM
    A friend of mine found it after a fight broke out and brought it to work. At first I thought it was dumb compared to my 8820 but after messing with it for weeks, I asked him to sell it to me. He gave it to me for free and all it cost was a $5 ebay unlock code. Pretty sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 02:50 PM
    Craigslist for all of my phones till this new one.

07-24-09 02:51 PM
    i needed a new phone and was looking for all kinds of phones and found the my first curve the 8310 on ebay won it an action price of $69 but then i bricked the phone after finding this site
    07-24-09 02:54 PM
    then i bricked the phone after finding this site
    I think a lot of us have been there!
    07-24-09 02:55 PM
    I had a lot of different phones over the years. Kept going back to Nokias and Windows Mobile devices (sorry to swear) ....then a mate said try a BB.....looked on ebay, got the curve for �85 posted, happy days

I now live upto my username even more cos I can't stop playing with it....and I mean the BB Curve
    07-24-09 03:24 PM
    Maybe I'll throw my old one up there on CL!
    07-24-09 03:25 PM
    My last Sprint upgrade phone...
    07-24-09 03:32 PM
    I was on vacation when my Palm Treo crapped out completely and wouldn't start up any longer. I could never get it to sync, so I lost everythign in the phone. I had to go to an out of state store to get a replacement phone and decided to try the curve, even though it didn't have the touch screen that I had enjoyed with the Treo. Small price to pay for a phone that doesn't lock up on you a few times a day!
    07-24-09 03:46 PM
    I had been using my Pearl for about a year and was starting to get really tired of the suretype experience. Luckily, though, Verizon had just released the Curve so I swung by the store and picked it up. Been Lovin' it ever since
    07-24-09 04:21 PM
    I just always needed to be in touch with people from email facebook and text messaging. And its also like a mini computer. And the first phone that came into mind was the blackberry. I was gonna go with a curve but for another 50 bucks you got a whole qwerty keyboard so I went for the curve. Loving it since day one when I bought it. Don't know what I would do with out it

07-24-09 04:49 PM
    I went to the store, and bought it.
    Fascinating isnt it?
    07-24-09 04:50 PM
    I went to the store, and bought it.
    Fascinating isnt it?
    They have them at stores!? Like, a Costco?
    07-24-09 04:58 PM
    Im sure but I at first went to a Tmobile store.. then my 2nd at at...tmobile store.. BUT... this last one when we went to Sprint, I *whispers* ordered it over the phone.
    07-24-09 05:00 PM
    this last one when we went to Sprint, I *whispers* ordered it over the phone.
    And I'll bet you used a Blackberry to order your Blackberry! GENIUS!
    07-24-09 05:03 PM
    You're right! actually, Im a GENUIS of GENUIS'

that doesnt look right when capatalized.
    07-24-09 05:04 PM
    I was on vacation when my Palm Treo crapped out completely and wouldn't start up any longer. I could never get it to sync, so I lost everythign in the phone. I had to go to an out of state store to get a replacement phone and decided to try the curve, even though it didn't have the touch screen that I had enjoyed with the Treo. Small price to pay for a phone that doesn't lock up on you a few times a day!
    I too went through 3 Treo models......got tired of them not working; freezing resetting, etc.! Got my first BB, Curve 8330 and the rest is history!
    07-24-09 05:05 PM
    I started out with a Palm. My husband and sister had one too, until my sis dropped hers in lemon juice.. so I gave her my palm and moved on to the blackberry curve.

Had it 5 days, never looking back haha.
    07-24-09 05:08 PM
    my friend got bored with her 8310 and had it lying in her house for months in mint condition. she just gave it to me.
    07-24-09 05:09 PM
    I got a Pearl back in December and loved it. Went on VZW.com in June and found out I was eligible for a new phone so I got the Curve for $49. A week later I had a problem with my service, called and they gave me a $50 credit on my bill; so I got the phone for free.
    07-24-09 05:16 PM
    Well my hubby's phone wouldn't charge so we took it to a VZW store and he was told that it was no good andhe could upgrade early cause he is the primary line and I talked him into a blackberry curve 8330 and now he loves it. I really wanted one after playing with his for a week. Went on Craig's list and found my 8330 for cheap and absolutley love her...

07-24-09 05:30 PM
    Palm to curve through ebay...
    07-24-09 05:47 PM
    I got a new plan and got my black berry curve with the plan and got a free one for my mom.
    07-24-09 06:08 PM
284 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD