So currently I have the Unlimited Data and E-mail plan with VZW...

In August my email is getting put on the BES as soon as our company gets it and gets it working right. There is another 44 dollar BB plan that VZW offers for the BB and is this required to run the BES?

Take into mind our Helpdesk will be installing the BES software my device and it would not make sense to be charged fifteen extra dollars just to have my work email on my phone... Especially when other carriers don't charge anything extra for BB anything much less 44 dollars just for email.

Thanks for the help!
    07-24-09 09:38 AM
    Yes that is correct.....except for the part about other carriers not charging extra for berries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:42 AM
    Alltel charges you nothing, Check it out. I used to have Alltel so I can confirm this...

How would VZW know if I was using the BES when our techs installed and configured the Server?
    07-24-09 09:44 AM
    No way you had a berry on AllTel without a smartphone plan unless someone made a mistake. If to don't want to pay for it see if your employer will pony up the 15 bucks

07-24-09 09:47 AM
    Alltel charges you nothing, Check it out. I used to have Alltel so I can confirm this...

How would VZW know if I was using the BES when our techs installed and configured the Server?
    You won't be able to make a bes connection without the 44.99 plan. It includes a feature called corporate provisioning that your BB needs to support the bes. So, pony up the 15 bucks. And Alltell doesn't matter anymore seeing as how you are on Verizon.
    07-24-09 09:50 AM
    They simply give us an "allowance" and every employee in the company gets the same allowance... But I guess I could rally the Crackberry users around here and ask for an extra 15 bucks

Attached are Alltel Screen Shots... Like I said its a free addition to any Voice and Data Plan...
    07-24-09 09:57 AM
    Thanks Blue and Bold, that's what I needed to know
    07-24-09 09:58 AM
    Thanks Blue and Bold, that's what I needed to know
    No problem.
    07-24-09 10:06 AM
    Attached are Alltel Screen Shots... Like I said its a free addition to any Voice and Data Plan...
    Sorry - can't see the screenshots, since I am on mobile, but my comment probably doesn't depend on the attachments.

BlackBerry is included with Alltel Smart Choice plans at no additional charge. It is not included with any plan - the Smart Choice voice/data plan costs substantially more than a standard plan. It was simply Alltel's way of making the choice between smartphones simpler.

So, it does cost more for BlackBerry - VZW & AT&T simply choose to split it out - itrmize, if you will.

07-24-09 10:18 AM
    itrmize
    Word of the day
    07-24-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD