For the past few weeks (I cant really remember exactly when this started, but somewhere in that timeframe) my memory has been on Operation Drainage! I'm talkin, draining down to 0.0kb about 3-5 times a day! I'll start to notice that the freakin clock starts showing up in the middle of my screen more and more...so I check my memory and BAM: 0.0 kb again!

I reboot at between 25-30MB, and the only new apps I've installed in the past few weeks have been:

1. Pageonce-A Personal Assistant (afterwards I deleted the Wachovia Mobile Banking app)
    2. BBM 5.0

I know ppl have been having issues with BBM 5.0, but have any of the issues been memory drain??? This is really startin to suck and its about to sour my (once excellent) relationship with my Storm (still on the same one I purchased in back in January-no replacements to date).

Has anyone else noticed this???
    07-24-09 09:00 AM
    Which OS are you running? I would strongly recommend upgrading to 151. I have no leak at all on it.
    07-24-09 09:06 AM
    Which OS are you running? I would strongly recommend upgrading to 151. I have no leak at all on it.
    I'm running the official, .148. Never really been big on leaked OS's.
    07-24-09 09:09 AM
    For the past few weeks (I cant really remember exactly when this started, but somewhere in that timeframe) my memory has been on Operation Drainage! I'm talkin, draining down to 0.0kb about 3-5 times a day! I'll start to notice that the freakin clock starts showing up in the middle of my screen more and more...so I check my memory and BAM: 0.0 kb again!

I reboot at between 25-30MB, and the only new apps I've installed in the past few weeks have been:

1. Pageonce-A Personal Assistant (afterwards I deleted the Wachovia Mobile Banking app)
    2. BBM 5.0

I know ppl have been having issues with BBM 5.0, but have any of the issues been memory drain??? This is really startin to suck and its about to sour my (once excellent) relationship with my Storm (still on the same one I purchased in back in January-no replacements to date).

Has anyone else noticed this???
    Couple of regulars here are having issues with BMM 5.0 draining memory, but not in that amount.
    07-24-09 09:10 AM
    Ahh, well, that's better than 75 but 151 really does solve it. I understand where you're coming from though. I did a search and didn't notice complaints about Pageonce causing significant memory drain.

No new themes or anything, right (or using a different theme you already had installed)?
    07-24-09 09:15 AM
    Couple of regulars here are having issues with BMM 5.0 draining memory, but not in that amount.
    Yea its been horrible. So bad I've contemplated complaining to Verizon and trying to get a free Tour instead of them giving me one of their crappy replacement Storms (replacement Storms plague mankind).

Always said I was one of the lucky ones cause I never had any issues out of my Storm (OS .75 gave me no issues; I used it up until .148 became official). I feel other ppl's pain now. This is d@mn frustrating. Gonna uninstall the Personal Assistant app for the rest of the day just to see what happens.
    07-24-09 09:19 AM
    Ahh, well, that's better than 75 but 151 really does solve it. I understand where you're coming from though. I did a search and didn't notice complaints about Pageonce causing significant memory drain.

No new themes or anything, right (or using a different theme you already had installed)?
    Naw, I dont do themes. None are better than Precision Zen in my opinion . Thanks for hittin that search up for me. I paid $10 for that app...I would hope it's not the culprit!
    07-24-09 09:21 AM
    Wipe the device, reload the OS and get rid of BBM 5.0.
    07-24-09 09:29 AM
    I am having the same exact issues and started a week or so ago. Same symptoms as well. running .148. I loaded BBM 5 and then downgraded back to the original, but am still seeing the issues. I believe this started before my temporary upgrade to BBM 5
    07-24-09 09:32 AM
    U would definitely get rid of bbm 5.0. That was the only thing causing my leak once I got to .151. I now hold strong at 33mb with 30 plus apps and games.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:32 AM
    Wipe the device, reload the OS and get rid of BBM 5.0.
    This is a road i'd really hate to go down
    07-24-09 09:40 AM
    bbm with .151 is a memory leaker but not bad enough to take you down to 0.0kb. i recommend lyricals hybrid is bbm build in. load it and watch your problems go away
    07-24-09 09:44 AM
    I'm on the newest hybrid from lyricidal and my memory has held at 50mb all day with app world and weatherbug. I was never a fan of hybrids but gave in due to the overwhelming praise he gets for his work. Best os I have run so far and I have run most including the bug filled 5.0. I would highly recommend his hybrid. Lyricidal even has a video showing step by step how easy it is to install. Took me 15 minutes start to finish.

Oh, he also has bum 5 built in and it works great with no mem leak as I said.

Last edited by mcp770; 07-24-09 at 10:11 AM.
    07-24-09 10:08 AM
    I'm on the newest hybrid from lyricidal and my memory has held at 50mb all day with app world and weatherbug. I was never a fan of hybrids but gave in due to the overwhelming praise he gets for his work. Best os I have run so far and I have run most including the bug filled 5.0. I would highly recommend his hybrid. Lyricidal even has a video showing step by step how easy it is to install. Took me 15 minutes start to finish.

I'm bored at work and that steady memory is very tempting. lol. I may give it a shot. We'll see.
    07-24-09 10:16 AM
    Completely wipe it but do not reload from DM. Just reload contacts. Your databases might be corrupt and leading to a mem leak. Yes, you will have to redo your settings and reinstall your apps (hopefully you wrote down your codes for purchased apps).

I did this and I never go down to 0 memory anymore. Search around for the "resolved memory leak" thread for instructions.
    07-24-09 11:10 AM
    im also running 4.7.0.151/4.7.1.40[9630] Hybrid by lyricidal but the max MB i have 37 how were you able to get 50MB? and have you installed the new OS 5.0.0.140 and if you did how is it working? and did you add the hybrid and does it have BB messenger 5.0?
    07-24-09 12:25 PM
    im also running 4.7.0.151/4.7.1.40[9630] Hybrid by lyricidal but the max MB i have 37 how were you able to get 50MB? and have you installed the new OS 5.0.0.140 and if you did how is it working? and did you add the hybrid and does it have BB messenger 5.0?
    The newest hybrid installer includes bbm 5 and works great. I did run 5.0 OS for a couple days and for every cool new feature it seemed to have two buggy drawbacks. That mixed with app incompatibility with almost every app I use I downgraded to the lyricidal hybrid. Glad I did as its just as fast running with awesome memory stabilization plus everything works. Also my battery life is even better than stock 151. To get 50mb memory you just have to clear the stuff you don't need when in the shrink-a-os portion of the process. I pick enough stuff to remove that the os is usually reduced by half in size. Good luck and have fun. Lyricidal os rocks and you will be pleased.

07-24-09 01:20 PM
    Wow... something is seriously wrong there if your memory is dropping to zero where you never had issues before. Seems like there have been a number of people reporting similar issues, though certainly not to this extent.

FWIW, I was running .148 weeks before it was approved and made official by Verizon and hadn't really had any issues with it. My memory would boot around 34mb and, regardless of use, drop about 10mb - usually within a couple hours - and, for the most part, stay there.

I actually upgraded to .151 earlier this morning and can attest to the comments others have made with respects to it managing memory quite well. I boot close to 40mb and have only dropped .5mb within the last 4 hours. Quite good for my device.
    07-24-09 02:56 PM
    Yea its been horrible. So bad I've contemplated complaining to Verizon and trying to get a free Tour instead of them giving me one of their crappy replacement Storms (replacement Storms plague mankind).

Good luck getting anything other than a Curve.
    07-24-09 03:04 PM
    I've noticed a memory leak also, just in the past two or three weeks. I might have to check out .151 and see what happens.
    07-24-09 11:59 PM

Hey MCP...which hybrid are you using? I've always been kind of hesitant to use hybrids, but they apparently have a lot of people sold. I might consider using one this time-especially since I'm hooked on BBM 5 LOL
    07-25-09 01:35 AM
    Completely wipe it but do not reload from DM. Just reload contacts. Your databases might be corrupt and leading to a mem leak. Yes, you will have to redo your settings and reinstall your apps (hopefully you wrote down your codes for purchased apps).

I did this and I never go down to 0 memory anymore. Search around for the "resolved memory leak" thread for instructions.
    That would be my advise as well. I did this back before .148 dropped. I reloaded my apps, contacts, etc using DM, then again with .151 - starting to see the memory issues again, although not as bad as what you described.

If you have a few hours to spend (LOL - if you have as many apps as I do, it will take that long to completely reinstall all your apps from scratch), then I would highly recommend this process. Takes a while, but certainly worth giving it a try before giving up on your storm.
    07-25-09 01:39 AM
    My memory drops into the 20's after about 48hrs. I can blame BBM for that. But I don't mind resetting every 2 days...I'm sure I could go longer (5+ days) but I like seeing meterberry in the green, lol.

If you know the OP like I do, shayda does not like leaked OS' or hybrids.

Shayda, what I would tell you is to do the typical memory leak procedures, start with deleting BBM 5 and see how that goes

Additionally, you are always welcome to return to .75 since you did have success with it.
    Last edited by moviemogul; 07-25-09 at 01:58 AM.
    07-25-09 01:53 AM
    My memory drops into the 20's after about 48hrs. I can blame BBM for that. But I don't mind resetting every 2 days...I'm sure I could go longer (5+ days) but I like seeing meterberry in the green, lol.

If you know the OP like I do, shayda does not like leaked OS' or hybrids.

Shayda, what I would tell you is to do the typical memory leak procedures, start with deleting BBM 5 and see how that goes

Additionally, you are always welcome to return to .75 since you did have success with it.
    Thanks guys...and you do know me well moviemogul b/c those leaks and hybrids are still a pet peeve of mine. lol. I can't even say that its the OS as a whole tho (the issue just started within the past few weeks, and I've been on .148 since it became official with no major memory leak issues).

OS .75 was great on my phone, but i'd hate to lose some of the features that .148 came with. Weren't all the BBM5.0 links snatched away? I'm scared to run a test by deleting it...may not be able to get it back.
    07-25-09 08:40 AM

this worked for me, i would do this if i were you

i usually stay in the mid 20's now
    lowest is 10 but havent seen that since before 5.0
    07-25-09 09:08 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD